Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The spell Proof Talent? now common? not epic?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
First off thx for a great game i really enjoy playing.
Now i want to see if someone can tell me if the spell proof talent was changed from and epic talent to a common talent.
I checked my pets on the test realm and my pets that had spell proof locked showed spell proof as a common talent.
But on live realm it showed spell proof to be an epic talent.
can you tell me if this is a bug or if spell proof has been changed into a common talent.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
"Common" is not one of the four possible categories.
Spell-Proof is a more powerful version of single-school damage Talents, like Fire-Giver, so it would make little sense for it to be bumped down to Uncommon.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
They are including a new section of pet talents in the test realm - The Common talents.

I agree that it does not sound right that Spell Proof be a common talent, especially considering it's effect. I'd report it in the Test system as a bug.

If KI is going to include more active traits across all categories, it might make sense to have a specific school's defense trait (fire-proof, life-proof, ect) as a common trait.

(I wouldn't say no to having accuracy boosts as a common trait, either.

Of having a higher incidence of active to passive traits in all newly hatched pets after the update, for that matter.)

Hero
May 19, 2009
Might just be a bug, or it might actaully be "common" considering everyone who is serious about pvp has a pet that gives this talent.

Administrator
It's a bug, and it will be addressed when Celestia is released to the Live Game.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Talance3 wrote:
They are including a new section of pet talents in the test realm - The Common talents.

LOL
There is no room for a new section of Common Talents.
It would have to be below 1RP
Or they would have to upgrade all the other Talents such that Common is 1RP and Epic is 5RP.