Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizard 101 going very slow on my computer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2010
i have windows XP and a computer from like 2001 but i cant afford a new one so i have to go with what i got. for some reason, wizard 101 lags very much on this computer, regardless of whatever world im in. on my girlfriends computer, it works perfectly fine, no problems, but on mine it lags everywhere i go, sometimes i cant see enemies, and it moves very slowly. any ideas? i would gladly take any ideas.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
You won't need a new computer, but you may need to upgrade a bit with a stick of RAM and a graphic card if your graphics are integrated on your XP.
This will improve your computer performance overall, and not just the game itself and both can be bought on the cheap end.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
chaoticzachary2011 wrote:
i have windows XP and a computer from like 2001 but i cant afford a new one so i have to go with what i got. for some reason, wizard 101 lags very much on this computer, regardless of whatever world im in. on my girlfriends computer, it works perfectly fine, no problems, but on mine it lags everywhere i go, sometimes i cant see enemies, and it moves very slowly. any ideas? i would gladly take any ideas.

Check: game freeze in mooshu
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/24947.ftl

Have fun!!! :) :) :)

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Ok, i no exactly how you feel. I HATE THE LAG! Its so darn slow,but this is what i do. I put my resolution on 800 x 600 and it works ok,but i don't want to have a crappy resolution, and when i click on my spellbook it takes up the whole screen! I like to have my resolution on 1600 x 900. You know what happens when i put it on that? It lags CONSTANTLY!!! My computer is also fairly new, so that isn't the problem.This game is awesome and i want to enjoy it, PLEASE FIX THE LAGGING KI

Administrator
Yelling at us is not going to fix your issue. What you are experiencing is the symptom of an underpowered video card.

The minimum specifications for running Wizard101 are as follows:
Internet: Internet Connection Required
Operating System: Windows 98SE or later versions
Processor: 1GHz Intel Processor
RAM Space: 512 Megabytes
Video Card: Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent
(standard in most PCs)
Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes

Those specifications allow you to run the game at 800x600, with all the graphics settings to low.

If you want to run the game at 1600x900 as you stated, you'll obviously need a much more powerful video card. If your video card is not up to the task, you will not be able to run in that resolution.

It sounds like, from your post, that your video card can only handle the 800x600 resolution, so like I said, yelling at us is not going to fix it for you.

Karatekid123288 wrote:
Ok, i no exactly how you feel. I HATE THE LAG! Its so darn slow,but this is what i do. I put my resolution on 800 x 600 and it works ok,but i don't want to have a crappy resolution, and when i click on my spellbook it takes up the whole screen! I like to have my resolution on 1600 x 900. You know what happens when i put it on that? It lags CONSTANTLY!!! My computer is also fairly new, so that isn't the problem.This game is awesome and i want to enjoy it, PLEASE FIX THE LAGGING KI

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Sorry for all the yelling, I was frustrated. I'll look for this Geforce 2 video card. Thx for the reply! :-)