Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snow Angel Level 58 Ice Spell

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 08, 2010
LemmonRuss - that's why reshuffle can be learned by anyone. Or you can buy the necklace that has it, treasure cards, etc etc

With the use of blades, traps and possibly feint, all schools are strong enough to solo. Although, I will admit, it is very difficult to solo on storm at first. The accuracy and low health are a great hindrance to playing solo. :D

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
DarkMage591 wrote:
I kinda posted this earlier on the Dorms part of the message board but I didn't know if you guys would answer it on that......I hope I dont get banned for multiple posts Anyway, KI, I love Celestia and I'm sure many other wizards that play wizard 101 love it also, but I wanted to talk to you about the level 58 spell, Snow Angel, and its taunt effect, I know taunt could be used with ice because of their shields and hight health, but what if an Ice wizard wanted to cast Snow Angel without being attacked by every monster, not to mention it doesn't help in PvP..... I have seen the Leviathan and Efreet spells and they have really good after effects and I was wondering if you might just look into changing it and I'm sure a lot of Ice Wizards will be happy if you at least look into the Snow Angel effect
Again if this is a multiple post I'm Sorry PLEASE dont ban me
P.S. Post comments below

I'm pretty sure Snow Angel is good as it is. Have you been at the arena? there are literally THOUSANDS of lvl58-60 ice warlords out there. It does SOO much if you use it effectively and no offends i think its a little TOO powerful

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
DarkMage591 wrote:
I kinda posted this earlier on the Dorms part of the message board but I didn't know if you guys would answer it on that......I hope I dont get banned for multiple posts Anyway, KI, I love Celestia and I'm sure many other wizards that play wizard 101 love it also, but I wanted to talk to you about the level 58 spell, Snow Angel, and its taunt effect, I know taunt could be used with ice because of their shields and hight health, but what if an Ice wizard wanted to cast Snow Angel without being attacked by every monster, not to mention it doesn't help in PvP..... I have seen the Leviathan and Efreet spells and they have really good after effects and I was wondering if you might just look into changing it and I'm sure a lot of Ice Wizards will be happy if you at least look into the Snow Angel effect
P.S. Post comments below

At least yours is an AoE spell; look at myth, we get a spell that does seventy above orthrus, and has a stun that work once per enemy unless we keep piercing the stun shields away so be grateful. :x

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I think the quest for snow angel should be better also KI i agree you should really change that i mean what does taunt even do

Survivor
Oct 29, 2008
DarkMage591 wrote:
P.S. Post comments below
I totally agree I am a level 59 Oce wizard and i don't think it's fair that this ice spell was a disapointment! I saw it and was sad because in Celestia you have to attack bosses in special order or else! Please look at the spell again KL! look at Efreet and all other spells they do great damage, but not ice angel (a.k.a. snow angel). And what is the point of taunt it does nothing!

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
wizardmh wrote:
I think the quest for snow angel should be better also KI i agree you should really change that i mean what does taunt even do

Taunt Makes NPC's more likely to target you than anyone else on the battlefield. Ice Schools High health and resist make the taunt perfect for them. It keeps enemies off your storm buddy who can knock out all the enemies at once in a round or two, even though his health is dangerously low at that point.

To use a term from some other games Ice school is the "Tank" of W101.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
You are right beyond anything, the game has really put ice down in almost every situation but this worse than it could be. I love the school ice its a great idea but they constantly bombard ice players with really unfair chances to every other school and the problem is because there are so many flaws they arent many more ice students so no one voices out. Like really
we shouldnt havent even gotten a spell if snow angel is here to stay i dont see much difference from it and frostbite. Ice will always be the weakest and our health and resistance isnt helping us in the long run with the spells we get. Most players want ice powered down because it takes so long to knock us out, but this is way to far. I have heard of instances of bullying from storm students because ice is so weak and the game doesnt want to help us. I know friends that have stopped playing because of this and its just insane. If you ask me we should get a spell that does damage to us and then in turn does damage. Or something because this taunt stuff is making tons of ice wizards frustrated over the new release
actually, giving ice stronger spells will just make it unfair that they have lots of health and somewhat resistance. to be honest, snow angel is probably the best thing that's happened to ice, compared to their other spells.
i know many of you ice wizards are going crazy with your weak spells, but you have to understand the fact that every school has a bad advantage with a good advantage. for ice, your good advantage is that you have lots of health, making it harder to get defeated, an you can cast more spells until they're dead. see? you're not looking into such bright advantages ice wizards have!

Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Pyromancer :)

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
danielv105 wrote:
Well to be honest, I dont know why ice wizards are complaining about snow angel. I like it when ice wizards use taunt like spells to keep the heat off the other players, plus since ice focuses on high defenses, it should not bother you because thats your role as a ice wizard.

Though I am storm, I dont put down ice wizard. Sure we have awe inspiring attacks, but our defense is TERRIBLE! You cant imangine how many times i've been one hit K-O'ed in pvp. Storm and ice are opposites, which might explain why some storm wizards are putting down ice wizards, though its no excuse.

As for its use in pvp, it is somewhat worthless. If taunt worked like a reverse beguile, that is making all enemies forced to attack you, it might have a promising role in the future.Ice is one of the coolest schools in the game(no pun intended).
Well to be honest here this is the main reason people are ok with it other schools support the idea because they want ice to be their shields ever since celestia was released on test realm i have just been used, just because we have shields and good at defence doesnt mean we are your personal shields we are kind of our own players and its kind of pointless to give us taunt spells because most ice can take something by themselves do to their health so most of the time we dont play with groups but groups always find a way to use us and the biggest school that discriminates like this is storm. This is just unfair and all other schools should realize we are actual players to not just other peoples shields
i'm sorry, but i can't believe this quote that ice wizards are storm wizard's shields. we've ALL used somebody before, whether it's ice's
good health and resist or storm's powerful spells. truth is, we have all used each other because we know that they'd help. i have been through the feeling of being used, and it's a horrible feeling, in matter of fact, we've all felt this feeling before. not just ice.

Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Pyromancer :)

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I'm a legendary storm wizard and I get what your saying about Ice Angel. I agree it should not have a taunt on it. Ice wizards have allot of health and it'd be unfair to make it stong as leviathan. But making it little stonger and stun the enemies maybe even take their blades and traps like some kinda ice earthquake.. Really anything but taunt. I see they don't like it so much. :(

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
This is in no way directed at anyone in particular. I have 1 wizard and it is a Legendary Ice. I have finished every quest in the spiral for some time now. I think Snow Angel is great. You can do LOTS of damage with blades, traps, monstrous, critical, etc. Plus, you wipe out their shield for others to benefit from.
I just did 20,000 damage with Frost Giant. Snow Angel you can do 1,000 on first hit and over 1000 for the next 3 rounds. That messes up any boss in the Realm. Plus, you have major resist to everything with the right gear and major boost on your ice.
My personal opinion is that if you are that upset about how KI is torturing your Ice School wizard...choose a different school. I like Ice.

Galen Nighteyes
Legendary Thaumaturge

Defender
May 27, 2010
paullecain wrote:
This is in no way directed at anyone in particular. I have 1 wizard and it is a Legendary Ice. I have finished every quest in the spiral for some time now. I think Snow Angel is great. You can do LOTS of damage with blades, traps, monstrous, critical, etc. Plus, you wipe out their shield for others to benefit from.
I just did 20,000 damage with Frost Giant. Snow Angel you can do 1,000 on first hit and over 1000 for the next 3 rounds. That messes up any boss in the Realm. Plus, you have major resist to everything with the right gear and major boost on your ice.
My personal opinion is that if you are that upset about how KI is torturing your Ice School wizard...choose a different school. I like Ice.

Galen Nighteyes
Legendary Thaumaturge

Paul while i get what you are saying that is not the point, its the fact that this spell could be better when it has something bringing it down, Taunt as most know is useless so most Ice Wizards would like that taken off the spell cause this spell could be so much better without a useless effect like Taunt, and to be honest i am one of those people, i am not one who wants Snow Angel to be WAY powerful but i would like it to be a spell with at least something else other than Taunt or it could just be without Taunt and just do the Damage without an effect

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
I do agree with this, snow angel is a great spell, but (as you said) it does seem a little unfair to have it taunt every opponent. I have an ice wizard myself and he really seems racing through the game. He's currently a magus just starting mooshu, so he isn't to far from seeing snow angel in a duel. Anyway, back to the matter at hand, sometimes when I'm playing I would want the enemy to hit me so it won't kill my friend. But it doesn't seem right to have snow angel taunt every single enemy. Perhaps they could change it to where it gives a tower shield to everyone or it stuns the enemys like forst giant does. Thats my opinion on improving the spell.

Timothy Frostgem
Magus Thamaturge
lvl 32

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
DarkMage591 wrote:
Storm wizards and other wizards are really starting to bully..... I saw a leviathan and I said "nice spell" and the other wizard said "wait till you see your [cruddy] one when you get 58" that really made me feel bad KI I think you should look at this post and change it PLEASE Ice wizards deserve a LITTLE better than this!

I was just in The Labyrinth with a friend, who is level 60, and he used his level 58 ice spell. It was effective, he did not get hit after the taunt, and we quickly dispatched the mobs. As a level 56, I am excited to receive the level 58 spell, provided I can complete a few quests. (Note: I see the drop rate has not really increased for quest items required from mobs. However, I made 25k gold today, just selling all the equipment I get from these battles, so not complaining!) Erin Ice Weaver :D

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
Snow Angel is basically garbage for being our "ultimate" spell. Why? Well...

At level 58 you are almost done with PvE you can kill almost everything, you have no need for another PVE group spell. the only next stop is PVP in which this thing is not of any real value what you would use it for (wiping traps) is better served by our lower level dot. Majorly disappointed. If we need to pull group aggro (which we almost never do anyway) theres easier ways to do it for less pips. Really sad spell.

UPDATE THIS SPELL.

Really looking forward to maybe in a year when we get another shot at a decent spell, maybe some miracle will occur and they will actually make angel of some use, otherwise dont waste the slot in your deck.

It looks cool, it "feels" cool because it might be new to you, but its not worth the pips take it out of your deck after you cast it a few times to see the graphic.

Explorer
May 26, 2010
First of all my one of my bestfriend on w101 is ice. I am fire and though i need his help alot it is not to shield it is to help me defeat people and i never ever want him to die even though he barely ever does. And i always help him back and we make a great team.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I agree to the fullest. EVERY time I use ice angel Iam almost killed. I wish it damaged all enemys and stuned them instead of taunt. Its has goten to the piont where I dont wanna use ice angel or even might even restart and switch schools

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I just got Snow Angel spell and so far I hate it. I use the taunt spells when I am in lower worlds, helping out friends. However, when I am in Celestia, fighting off enemies with high levels of health and attack, I really do not want four high level spells coming at me. My health may be high (over 3 thousand) but I can not resist everything out there. I think it would be better if the snow angel stunned the opponents like the ice giant does. Also, I feel like the attack is weak on it. I mean, out of the level 58 spells, I've seen Forest Lord (Life), Madusa (Myth), and the genie (Fire). They all wiped out the enemies in Celestia. Snow Angel barely makes a dent. Over all, I've always felt that the "taunt" spell was more of a suicidal spell saying "Attack Me! Kill Me!" Unless, of course, I'm on Triton Avenue, then I like to use taunt to keep the level 10 wizards alive. As a level 58 wizard on Triton Avenue, I can be invincible. So, what do I want? I want Snow Angel to be revised.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
can someone plz help me on how to make the snow angel quest easier! the boss is way to hard! :( patrick wintereyes level 58

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
george3920 wrote:
can someone plz help me on how to make the snow angel quest easier! the boss is way to hard! :( patrick wintereyes level 58

Its simple really, even though i am death i believe this will work, just get some armor that focuses on ice resistance (if there is any armor like that) or armor that focuses on defense. Basically your gonna make an entire custom deck for the battle, make sure you have ice shields and prisms plenty. Then just use colossus with a prism and a few blades and balefrost, and try to keep a ice shield on at all times.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
Even though i am a legendary death i do have a future life wizard in the making:

Snow angel if fine, even though it could have a more practical effect to go along with it. Its a DOT spell, so why not make its effect something like it adds a trap to all the enemies it hits after it does its first hit, therefore increasing the overall damage on the next turn of the spell. Ice is fine the way it is. I still lose in pvp against ice wizards all the time. Ice is not for just protecting other players, although it can fulfill such a role if needed, like if there is no life wizard present in the battle, however i believe Ice is much much stronger than storm in a strategic sense. Storm caries a heavy risk associated with it such as "IF and only if this wild bolt does 1000 damage, i will win, if it doesnt or it fizzles i will die." However ice can last longer in battles and has a much higher survivability rating, even though its spells are weaker. I am death, i know how it feels to have your strongest spell (Wraith) only do 500 damage without a gargantuan.

Death Fanatic