Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-08-10 AND 10-15-10

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
So far i dislike how difficult the enemies are. I can make it though them but i'm constantly having to go back for potions, or calling on friends to help. I also dislike how hard it is to get items needed for quests, like a gear from one of the fish robot things. I'll be at it for at least and hour and a half before i get all the required materials. One last thing i dont like about celestia is the lack of whisps, both red and blue. I'm going through mana like no one's business and i have to go back to dragonspyre to get more! The things i do like about celestia is the enemies, the new challenges, and how it's diverse when it comes to different areas. It doesnt feel like i never left a street, like in dragonspyre, where it all just looks the same.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
(sorry for posting again, I have more stuff to say)
I think Celestia is just right for Grandmasters but I think it is way too hard to collect the items from monsters. I also dislike the new jumping and I think prices are a little to much. And, I do not like the street monsters statrt out with five or six pips or that some bosses start out with seven or eight pips, thats unfair. I don't like that for the celestia crafting quest you have to get black pearls, they are too hard to find. I like that they are not any towers (so far). I really like the beach place, I think its called The Land Down Under or something like that. And i like the life finally get an attack all enemy spell. Also the quests to get the level 58 spells are a little hard, maybe you could let friends port?Celestia is a fun challenge and I cant wait till it comes to the live realm.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
My favorite thing was the new wands that gave two pips, but you all change it. :-( I love the challenge of the new mobs actually seem balance, especially when you got that wand and could hit in same turn base as them. I love the new schools they way they were before, as I have save all my tps for it, but seems you took those out too. So all I am left with loving is the new lvl 58 spells and the graphics. New pets dont give out useless talents any more.

My least thing one: you all change bolt so now it is useless, instead of the 1 or 10 or 100 or 1000 at 70%, how bout 100, 250, 500, 1000 at a slight lower accuracy lvl? Two: The new pip wands are now not as exciting with it change to one pip, two pips were in balance since the bosses and some mobs started out that way. Three: they new schools spells that were either move or taken out, we love the spell were you could reduce a spell by two pips.
Four: It is kinda of short.

Things I dont understand: Why did you make lvl 7 school spell amulets that any school can use, when your reason for taking out Trading cards was you wanted that school to feel special. Why no pets with the new spells or cards in gear? There is not much to farm. Statues, housing items would be awesome.

That graphics are awesome, and I know you all were in a time crunch and I loved the new celestial before this last update. I just dont get why when the pvp crowd complain, you all seem to listen to them more, and the changes always have to affect Pve also, just isnt right.

Mourning my two pip wand and my now useless wild bolt. :-(

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
My least favorite is the fact Ra and Forest Lord needs a added affect like the other 58 spells. I believe Ra should have a Black Mantle added to it. And Forest lord maybe a life trap on everyone. I think a life dispel is a little to much.

Oh and also the combat should be slightly easier. Just slightly though.

Other then them I love everything in game. I really like how the Astral area, I forgot what its called, is really fancy. Like something out of a Star Wars game or something.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
[A] The thing that i like about Celestia is the whole scenery and the graphics are out standing, Also i like the new level 58 school spells they are cool especially the balance spell Ra.

The thing about Celestia that i dont like would be how unfair and imposible the collecting quests are and btw when i first starting playing the wizard101 game I always hated and would get soo frustrated with the collecting quests, I can respect that these certain quests teaches you how to be patient but i mean when you have to kill enemies for an hour and a half to get the items thats just really irritating. PLEASE FIX THIS!

John DragonBreaker, Balance Grandmaster

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Apologies everyone - we thought this posted yesterday but apparently gobblers ate it! Welcome to (what was going to be) Feedback Friday!

a) What is your FAVORITE thing about Celestia?
b) What is your LEAST FAVORITE thing about Celestia?

I hope this thread is not yet closed. I was eager to tell what I like about Celestia.

There are alot of things I like about Celstia but my Favorite thing is that the bosses interact with you, one boss even say, "you have charmed your way into my heart" and removed his myth shield so i could kill him lol. I would love if all of them talk instead of the words just flashing, I like to hear the voices, it's quite fun. The graphics is spectacular! Love it! Love it! Great job KI.

Now, my least favorite thing is that we do not gain additional training points. I think it is unfair for us to abandon our secondary school of magic in Ravenwood just so that we can Learn the Magic in Celestia. Plus Deigo teaches a cool spell and I can't learn it because I don't have any points. Also for persons who can only afford a subscription and cannot afford crowns as well, it's going to be impossible to learn anything in Celestia because we can only get back our training points with crowns. So for people like myslef who struggle to afford a monthly subscription, we can forget about learning those new spells because we can only buy them back with real cash.

I think Merle should give us back our training points to do as we please before we enter Celestia and we should learn at least 3 additional points in Celestia.

Thank you.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
excuse me, but i heard that professor Greyrose's homeland was ''candy land''

is this true?

oooooohhh.. that would b a great idea for next year's christmas (candyland, candycanes, excitement)!!

she said her sisters were evil.

will this b a new world? i will b so excited if it is.

(i heard all of this from professor greyrose.)

Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
Dear KingIsle,

Just to start my message with few words of gratitude if I may :D

You have surpassed all of our expectations on creating Celestia world. It shows how great work you have done on making this happen. Celestia is a world that you have add all your "love" and free time (sometimes your family time) creating it bit by bit to bring us the final (in Test still) plan.

Sometimes I wonder if you have bring any famous painters to create some of the amazing places and pictures in Celestia, or if you didnt then a big Bravo to those behind of this

Celestia is full of reality that makes you think that you are under the water and want to keep your breath for not drowing

Sometimes instead of going to battle I prefer to stand still and look around to see the beauty of Celestia's areas. If you are in the water you see the seaweeds moving, the fish passing by, the bubbles from sponges going up to surface, of course your special swimming abilities and so many other things that it will take the whole page to write them

Battles are also amazing, it makes you think before you act or else you loose health fast . When bosses cheat they also talking to you which this makes more fun playing.

Many times I was laughing to the ground because when you becoming a Gobbler with the Polumorph spell and seeing his attacks, you laughing a lot.

Thank you again KingIsle for bringing a great game that Families, Old and Young can play together and also families who have many months or years or even they are in other countries can meet in Wizard101 and talk with each other.

Great work KingIsle

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
:( it wont let me come to celestia because of the warehouse quest. can you make a adjustment to we can quit side quests? plzzz!!! :( :( :(

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I still think Celestia is a little too hard, the monsters have too much life and start out with too many pips and can do too high rank spells like Stormlord. I do not like that the monsters and stun either. And I don't like that to get the new Solar school spells you have to find a secret trainer, I think they should all be from one trainer in the Celestian Basecamp. I do like the new Wildbolt and the level 58 spells, but I think the life and balance level 58 spells should add something like -45% accuracy or something like that to all enemys. I'm not sure that what I have seen is the new ledendary gear, but if it is I think it needs to be level 60 only and give better stuff like their own school resist instead of two other schools. I also liked the two power pip swords. I love how Celestia looks and Celestia its self( mainly the Floating Land).

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
Favorite thing about it is getting tons of xp AND Test of the Spheres place . My least favorite is that most bosses cheat and getting the items from bosses, so hard .

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
The last few instance levels are WAY too hard and take too long to complete in my opinion. Please make them easier and shorter.

Administrator
Everyone,

Thanks for the continued feedback - I've been sending this around to the team (as well as the other Wild Bolt feedback thread). We're going to keep these open through the end of the week so we can continue to collect thoughts and opinions on the multitude of changes (and it seems silly to put up another post until Celestia is live).

We're getting close folks! Thanks for your patience!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jan 04, 2010

Celestia is too hard. I have trouble and so do my kids. Three power pips for the enemies is too much. There is no mana except mini game and they waste time. Bosses that strong shouldn't cheat. Too many lost connections too.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Celestia is way too hard. You should make it easier. I like the new spells though.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Celestia is pretty awesome so far. but i would love it more if more parts were underwater :). and if there were houses!!!!!!!!!! like a jungle and underwater house (something like that :P). dont forget the house items!
jungle like house stuff would be awesome. and if there were underwater parts of the house you could SWIM in, there could be things like kelp, clams, fish, sharks(as long as they dont eat you! ), and oh idk maybe something like a sea serpent or a triton swimming around like the shark does in the storm house. in fact, maybe the new spell creatures could do that in the other houses too! the crown ones. speaking of crowns... WHEN DO WE GET THE 250,000 CROWNS AGAIN? WAS THE FIRST TIME THE ONLY TIME? PLS GIVE US MORE CROWNS! you should do that in the live realm too when cl comes out.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
um in celestia the stellarium quest is ridiculous when the first boss uses orthrus on the first turn. i am a storm wizard and when that gets used on me i have like a thousand health left.i think maybe they can start off with two power pips but no more than that plz i beg!

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
ok people i like celestia things i like is new spells new clothes ,the things i dont like is that the boses use lvl 48 spells with one pip i wich celestia was here right now so bye everybody

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Celestia is not supposed to be an easy world. Don't you think we should have something challenging sometimes?

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
pepperdevon wrote:
Celestia is not supposed to be an easy world. Don't you think we should have something challenging sometimes?

I think so to but i think you should lighten up on how tough the enemies are because there a bit of a challenge

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
i like a lot about celestia graphics the voiceovers questline and forest lord woot ( u know and the others to :p ) and a lot more. for a life its hard to solo, which i only do at special times, that feint amulet in test realm was one of my favitote things it helped me so much with my boost and critical got centaur about 70,000 i would really really really like to that see that amulet that you took away i love how you think ur almost done and more comes i can tell you have work very hard and thank you for making it for us hope to see more from this game :)

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
brookwater wrote:
pepperdevon wrote:

I think so to but i think you should lighten up on how tough the enemies are because there a bit of a challenge

Ok, I played Celestia on Test and had absolutely no problem at all fighting the monsters and bosses even though they are hitting me very hard with high ranking spells. It was quite interesting to match spell for spell with them and see who would die first. I had help for the most par but I fight alone one several occasions and manange to come out the victor.

Now there were certain elements that ensured my Victory. I had the opportunity to buy back my training pointing (with the free crowns) and i learned life spells up to satyr and then I learned the sun school enchantments up to gargantuan. I also bought elixirs of vengeance and fortification (with free crowns). I almost never fizzled and I got a few critical hits in. So Celestia was manageable for me.

Now I'm using the same wizard on live and I keep getting defeated almost everytime even when there are four of us fghting! Firstly, I cannot aford to buy back my training points so I can't learn any new spells. Even Orthrus without the enchantments is hardly of any use to me. Secondly, the monsters start out with 3 power pips and I start off with one white pip and one power pip and sometimes all i can get is one white pip per round while the monsters seem to always have at leeast two power pips.

next thing, I fizzle like it's going out of fashion. When you fighting these monsters to fizzle means to die and sometimes we all fizzle. Like seriously, everybody fizzled only to get attacked by a storm lord and a stormzilla! Can you imagine 4 level 50 wizards getting beat up by monsters? I never thought it possible. Something is not right about Celestia. Why are monsters able to get two criticals in a row (the same monster) and I can't even manage to get one all day!

I was stuck trying to defeat Crustean Shellbreakers in the grotto all day and I mean ALL DAY. I take pride in my myth wizard and I rarly got defeated even in DS and on Celestia Test but now I don't know what is going on in the live realm but something foul is afoot.

There is no way we can win against those monsters with just our regular spells and gear. We need to get our training points back from Merle and we need to start out with the same pips and continue to get the sanme amount as do the monsters. The trainers in Celestia Base Camp needs to get back the spells as well sop we can learn them.

Celestia is not too hard it's just that we are left handicapped with all the changes made from test to live. I never had a problem on test but now I can barely win a fight on my own on live.

They don't need to level down monsters or give the less attacks spells or whatever. They need to fit the critical hit system and give us back our points or allow us to gain enough in Clestia to learn the spells and also why are we chain fizzling? This is not right, what happen to my 51% pip chance? I used to be able to kill enemeies with humongofrog enchated with monster or gargantuan now all i have is a simple humongofrog that barely put a dent in their health? Something should be done.

The wiards are being dealt a bitter pill. I still maintain that Celestia is not too hard but something has gone wrong on the wizards' end.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2009
k i'm level 45 but i've been to celestia i LOVE it soooo much! the floating land is awesome and also i have a question: i'm on the crucible quest to defeat orin grimcaster. how much longer til i can go to CL?-William EarthHunter

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
My favorite thing is probably the polymorph school, the music, and the new enemies and creatures we encounter.

My least favorite thing is that celestia is EASIER than dragonspyre, or at least it was until it was made easier.(unfortunately, after I completed dragonspyre.) I also disliked how these new celestian mounts aren't purchasable with gold. I ALSO disliked the guy I had to try and beat for the skeletal dragon quest, he has too much health for me to beat, because I take a long time to perfectly trap and blade, and he was able to defeat me while I was doing that. also, why is celestia so similar to krokotopia? both worlds are basically taken over by marleybonians.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
After playing Celestia a few times, I like it even less.

A grandmaster wizard shouldn't be killed on the third turn in one hit. 3,600 points on the third round?! Ridiculous. And that's after being hit twice by the minion for over 1000, even though I had shields. And why do Ice bosses get Icezilla and Ice Kraken? They should stay with their school spells, or become storm.

The cheating bosses stink too. There shouldn't have to be an arcane trick to beat bosses that you have to go to some wiki to get.

The combination of critical hits (bosses get them, I don't) and starting with 5 or 6 pips each is too much. I used to love this game. After dying quickly four times in a row on a boss, I quit. Up to now, I haven't died in nearly a year and 6 grandmasters, so anyone who thinks i don't know how to play has another think coming. I have beaten Malistaire solo. How many of you have done that?

And my kids are nine and ten, and it is impossible for them. I thought this was a family-oriented game. You are going to lose a large share of your market if you don't rectify the difficulty issues. You will certainly lose us. And we will stop recommending the game to others. Our three accounts are up for renewal in January, if that helps you decide.

On the plus side, the graphics are nice, and now only my laptop gets constant disconnections. The desktop hasn't had one yet.

Thanks for your time,
John