Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 10-08-10 AND 10-15-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
a)
It looks beautiful, the pets and mounts are great.

b)
I would prefer if the game could be balanced in a fair way.
I play for fun and for me playing against someone who cheats is frustrating not fun.
Win or lose to the cheating bosses it leaves me feeling deceived which is definitely not something I'm looking for in a game.

Sometimes I'm not in the mood for group play and I want to solo, again, frustrating isn't fun.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
I like about everything, especially the music.
I don't like the ice level 58 spell, I never use taunt.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Celestia is great. I Love the graphics above and underwater. The new characters sharks aliens and such are really cool. I think Celestia should be a harder place as you need to work to get to level 60. The object of the game is to train your wizard to become stronger and wiser in battle that can only be done if the opponents get smarter and wiser. When you know that they begin with 6 or so pips you need to use strategies accordingly. I think the new school are perfect as secondary schools as they give us new abilities such as morphing into characters to help your groups.
I agree there should be blue wisps somewhere in Celestia so we don't have to go else where to refill. I also hope that not all the new pets or mounts will be worth crowns as I hope to save up for new ones with gold.
Just remember the object of the game is to play the game if it gets any easier players will be done too quickly and what is the fun in that. Please don't make it any easier as you did in DS as now my new characters are not as challenged there as my first ones were.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
It looks beautiful. I love the music, mounts, pets and world design.

Celestia is pretty much unplayable on my computers, one of which is an ASUS 1005HA netbook. It's about time Wizard101 updated the minimum specifications; both computers exceed them but the game performance in this new world is atrocious.

Administrator
Just a note to thank everyone for the feedback thus far. We are going to keep this discussion going for one more week. Please continue to post feedback! We are definitely keeping an eye on this thread. Have a great weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
tony77 wrote:
My favorite thing is the new spells . My least favorite is the enemies and bosses start of with 6 Pips .
that is no challenge for grandmasters+

Explorer
Feb 22, 2009
Everything :D

And.... I really couldn't despise snow angels stats more ............ They really need to be fixed please :( I think that the graphics are fantastic, it's just the stats DO need improvement. I haven't seen one ice person, then again, any person, that 100% agree to these stats. Please fix?

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
I'm not at Celestia level yet, but I'v seen a video of someone swimming around Celestia AND IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to get there!
Best part = Its UNDERWATER! I lived on a tropical island when I was little and I spent most of my spare time swimming in the ocean, and now I love the ocean and anything underwater!

Worst part= ask me again when i'm level 54

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
Well here are my comments about Celestia.

A) The Mounts, the new schools, the new places and the graphics

B) Way to hard bosses and takes to long to get the items you need

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
random1self wrote:
Going off the update notes, here are my thoughts:

I really like being able to share reagents and pet snacks in my shared bank.

I'm not really interested in any of the new schools. Sun sounds like treasure cards on demand, but, i've never needed them or used them. With moon, I level up and buy gear to make my wizards what I want them to be to be strong enough to stand on their on so I do not see where being able to completely change my deck will be helpfull. If I use any of the new schools, it will be star because it will be nice to have a boost in accuracy that lasts more than one round.

I'd rather have more interaction with my secondary teacher/s but that's for a different thread.

This is kind of disappointing too: "Players can no longer preview the contents of eggs in the Dye Shop."

My favorite thing is that you have to grroup up.

I hope not. I vert highly value my ability stand strong by myself.

Wait have you even been to cl yet? Because the first area is full of people. So yes you have to group up.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
First off, let me just say I LOVE the moon school!! Only wish I could
Get to my treasure cards while morphed.

That being said, I think without the aid of henchmen or other
players, it will be too hard. I like to solo and found it to be way
to hard after the took the henchmen out.

PLEASE add houses for the new world!!

Thanks for everything KI. :)

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
I'm only lvl. 43 but i have been to celestia and it is awesome! But none of the marleybonians there have voices :P.
{ - -}
() )
>>
*Tried to make gammas symbol.

Robert Earth Beaker lvl. 43 pyromancer

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Like:
The world is beautiful and vibrant!
I can't wait to explore the entire world with all of my wizards. I'll be taking this world in slowly, just to enjoy it.

Dislike:
The area of influence (where you can get pulled into a battle) is not very consistant. Starting at the beginning battles, I've been pulled into battle from the outside wall, and to top it off, to a battle on the other end of the room. I've seen other wizards with the same problem. The area where the Cyrus Drakes are is the same way. There is almost no way to get around there without getting pulled into a battle.
I see it now (remembering all the threads about no sidewalks in Marleybone), you guys are going to be inundated with complaints about this.

Rogan Firehammer

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:

Wait have you even been to cl yet? Because the first area is full of people. So yes you have to group up.

So you're forced to group up because there's more people than quest area which means entering other peoples duels :? Hopefully that won't be as much of a problem then once it goes live.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Favorite: Life finally gets an attack all enemies and moderate damage to. I LOVE to use this new spell, not saying what exactly its called cause I don't want to spoil it for someone who is waiting for live and doesn't wanna know but you will love it.

Least favorite: Critical hits, if you get a critical hit it's +100% to your attack/heal and it has ruined the game. A boss called Cuthalla got millions of pips at the beginning and ciritcal hit me to death in 3 turns. Plus no one will be able to stand against balance now cause the new 75% feint amulet and critical hits except fire cause there new spell also puts -90% weakness.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I posted once, but decided to post again.

I do love Celestia.

I do not like the ice enemies. I believe they are WAY overpowered. They mostly use mutations. So far, their favorite seems to be ice kraken and icezilla. Now, I understand Storm uses those same spells, but let me remind you storm does not have Tower shields. So i would suggest either stop them from spamming tower shields or lessen their use of mutations.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
random1self wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

So you're forced to group up because there's more people than quest area which means entering other peoples duels :? Hopefully that won't be as much of a problem then once it goes live.

Wait hang on you call grouping up a problem!!! I mean try any of the bosses and i bet you will die. See my point.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:
Wait hang on you call grouping up a problem!!! I mean try any of the bosses and i bet you will die. See my point.

Yes, i do actually. Most of the time when i have a group of people with me on a big boss, it has actually slowed the fight down by ruining my trap set up. Either that or a storm wizard comes in and kills everything very quickly leaving nothing for me to do other than casts feints which is equally boring.

At this point, my grand master necromancer has solo'ed everything she can and probably then some by completing helgrind warren solo. The only thing she probably couldn't solo is the warehouse, the ravens, and hall of valor.

Community Leader
random1self wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:

Agreed.
Remember CL is only in test ,Test realm only has 4 realms. In live you wont have to group if you do not choose to. I have soloed many quests by going on early in morning or late in evening in CL and it is possible to do solo if you choice to. :) I like grouping with friends and family and soloing many times.

Just depends how I feel at the time. CL gives me all I want and so many different types of questing.

I only have problem with the must collect items :( Takes me so many battles to get the amount I need . Mobs are perfectly matched for a level 50+. Bosses can be hard but with the right set up yes you can even solo those. Woot! I soloed my level 58 spell boss , took em 4 times to get right set up but I did it.

WTG! Kingsisle for a great brand new world.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
Melissa423771 wrote:
Well I'm just really upset that there's no castles! Ever since even the RUMOR of celestia came out I made up castle ideas just waiting to see if they were used. I rode my manta ray mount (loved it!) there and found then were no castles! I was so upset I landed up not doing any quests. I might do some though when they go on live realm though. Also was I the only one a little disappointed with the new schools? (P.S. if these ever turn into main schools they have to be a lot more then just buffs!) Thanks for reading!

The castles came back.
What I like 'bout Celestia is, uh, the graphics.
The least thing I like 'bout Celestia is, they added more schools, but if you already started your 3rd school, and want to continue it, where are you suppose to get the training points from? It's not like I don't like the 3rd school, it's that, it might end up for a 4th school when I don't have enough training points for it. You shouldn't remove the 3 new schools, the three new schools are great!!!

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
A-The Difficulty Level is perfect thanks so much for that!
B-Some areas such as the commons are slightly lifeless maybe you could add some eye candy along the way such as changing the commons so it looks more like a palace and maybe add a thing where you could dive into the pool in the commons and just swim underwater?

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Wow! Celestia is beautiful, awe-inspiring, full of curiosities and truly epic!!
Excellent job! :D

What I like best about it:
(a)The scenery!!

What I like least about it:
(b) The lack of confidence I have in my wizards being able to handle the bosses and complete their quests.

One wizard I have did pretty good up there. It wasn't too hard, it was challenging, interesting and engaging in many, many ways. Sometimes confusing, but all in all, pretty cool the way it is... :)

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
What I like most about Celestia:
The fact that it is more challenging and has a lot of strategy involved.

What I like LEAST about Celestia:
The fact that people who didn't do the Spiral Geographic Warehouse Preview Quests still get the key. If they don't do the SGW, then they shouldn't get the Key from Ambrose. He should send them on the long boat ride down the Spiral Galaxy that the Spiral Geographic Society took to get to Celestia.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2009
:) A) the best things i love about Celestia is that the new water feature and of course the new improvements of getting better spells.
:( B) The bad thing about it is that the new style of stealing spells and stuff. I really dislike the difficulty even though I have two grandmasters.

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I found this troublesome when I had to buy back my training points twice on the test realm. I really favored the moon school and the star was my second favorite. There were only five spells in each so I got all of each. Then, I found the moon, sun, and star secret trainers. I was mad because I had to buy back my training points again so I have enough for the secret trainer. You should make some sort of notice somewhere, mabye on the train pedistals, that not all the spells for that school can be found there or something. Otherwise other people like me who don't know about the trainers are going to make that mistake in the real game and will make the game expierence harder or make them buy it back again for twenty dollars.