Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Incoming Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I've been playing Wizard101 since I was ten. Now it's been two years and I'm STILL level 28. Let me tell EVERY SINGLE INCOMING WIZARD that it's awesome when you ask me where I'm going or if you can help. When I was level 1 I asked a grandmaster if I could help him and he said to go away! So, I feel your pain when someone rejects you. I'm here to ask if you guys will let other young wizards friend you. C'mon, guys, have a heart.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
Helping newer wizards is a great part of the social aspect of the game, young wizard. However, from experience most of the young wizards that try to friend me have never said a word to me. My Grand Master has to turn off his friends request whenever I take him through Wizard City or Krokotopia else I get a friend request every five minutes. I don't mind friending somebody, and I love helping people, but how can you really friend somebody who's never spoken with you. You run by and they see you're a Grand Master and send a friend request. My suggestion to all of them is, if they want my help, come introduce yourself. Ask me for help in the quest you're doing, I'll probably be glad to. But just throwing a friend request to me as a complete stranger just because I'm a Grand borders on rude.
Have a good one.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I know a lot of wizards that have young wizards as friends. It was terrible that this person wasn't nice, but you should also consider the challenges that some older wizards face when befriending younger ones.

1. The most difficult one is the menu chat. Do to it's limitations, it can be very challenging to communicate with them. For example, if they are calling for help and you are in a dungeon, there is no way to explain that, except your busy or you will be there in a minute, which isn't true. Therefore, you are constantly asked for help.

2. Many younger wizards will port to you without asking if it's ok. This can be a problem if you like to fight alone or if you are finishing a fight and they bring in an extra monster - particularily if you are low on life.

I am sure there are many other reasons why older wizards may not befriend younger ones, but there are many on here that do. This doesn't mean that they won't help them.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Not to be MEAN but what have you been doing these 2 years? It only took me like 11 months to get to level 49. I like to wander off and play too but the game is about like fighting and leveling.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Not to be MEAN but what have you been doing these 2 years? It only took me like 11 months to get to level 49. I like to wander off and play too but the game is about like fighting and leveling.

If you're going to be mean, why comment at all? This is supposed to be a KID-FRIENDLY site. And my internet connection stinks, so that's why it's taken me so long, FYI.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
sanmil0963 wrote:
I know a lot of wizards that have young wizards as friends. It was terrible that this person wasn't nice, but you should also consider the challenges that some older wizards face when befriending younger ones.

1. The most difficult one is the menu chat. Do to it's limitations, it can be very challenging to communicate with them. For example, if they are calling for help and you are in a dungeon, there is no way to explain that, except your busy or you will be there in a minute, which isn't true. Therefore, you are constantly asked for help.

2. Many younger wizards will port to you without asking if it's ok. This can be a problem if you like to fight alone or if you are finishing a fight and they bring in an extra monster - particularily if you are low on life.

I am sure there are many other reasons why older wizards may not befriend younger ones, but there are many on here that do. This doesn't mean that they won't help them.

Yeah, my sister finished my post, and she misunderstood what I wanted to write. I MEANT to say that I needed to help wizards in a situation of intense need, like when they're level 15 and battling a rank 5 boss, or something like that. But, yes, I need to stop doing this. I'm a nice person.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
ChickenMcFuggits wrote:
Helping newer wizards is a great part of the social aspect of the game, young wizard. However, from experience most of the young wizards that try to friend me have never said a word to me. My Grand Master has to turn off his friends request whenever I take him through Wizard City or Krokotopia else I get a friend request every five minutes. I don't mind friending somebody, and I love helping people, but how can you really friend somebody who's never spoken with you. You run by and they see you're a Grand Master and send a friend request. My suggestion to all of them is, if they want my help, come introduce yourself. Ask me for help in the quest you're doing, I'll probably be glad to. But just throwing a friend request to me as a complete stranger just because I'm a Grand borders on rude.
Have a good one.

Thanks. As I said to sanmil0963, my sister finished my post and wrote the wrong thing. But you have a point, and all of you do. But I still like helping. It's fun and makes me feel calm. So, I agree that I shouldn't be so easy on the "younglings," as I call them, but I still should
(Quote) Have a good one, also :)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
as i see it any one sporting the title of " Grandmaster" should feel honored someone is looking up to them for help.

anyone who is a Grandmaster and treats the lower levels as such does not deserve the title...

if your a Grand then offer up and help.... you are what they all want to be.

even if a person has a Grand and is using a new character in a different school the help of a Grand then is even more so great as the schools are all different you need to learn the strategy of each school and a Grand in that school is a great help when ever you can get it.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
I agree. Helping ppl is very kind anf unselfish. But a lot of Gransmasters are rude to low level wizards or they call us "noobs". I think its descriminatory and rude. I mean just because your a higher level wizard does not mean your the best. I fell your pain man. KI please do not ban me because i am actually telling what a lot of low level wizards feel when they get rejected especially to Ice Wizards. To all you Ice Wizards out there, if somebody does not want to be your friend just cause they think "Ooooo Ice Has horrible attacks so its a bad schools!!" do not listent to them. Ice has AWSOME DEFENSE and Good Attacks. Life has almost the same amount of attack points but nobody makes fun of life. FYI You shouldn't make fun of wat ppl are on the outside but wat they are on the inside

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
hobi wrote:
as i see it any one sporting the title of " Grandmaster" should feel honored someone is looking up to them for help.

anyone who is a Grandmaster and treats the lower levels as such does not deserve the title...

if your a Grand then offer up and help.... you are what they all want to be.

even if a person has a Grand and is using a new character in a different school the help of a Grand then is even more so great as the schools are all different you need to learn the strategy of each school and a Grand in that school is a great help when ever you can get it.

I'm not a Grandmaster, FYI. I'm a.....hold on......Adept or something. I'm level 28, almost 29. But it makes me feel like I accomplished something, so that's why I do it.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
DouDou123 wrote:
I agree. Helping ppl is very kind anf unselfish. But a lot of Gransmasters are rude to low level wizards or they call us "noobs". I think its descriminatory and rude. I mean just because your a higher level wizard does not mean your the best. I fell your pain man. KI please do not ban me because i am actually telling what a lot of low level wizards feel when they get rejected especially to Ice Wizards. To all you Ice Wizards out there, if somebody does not want to be your friend just cause they think "Ooooo Ice Has horrible attacks so its a bad schools!!" do not listent to them. Ice has AWSOME DEFENSE and Good Attacks. Life has almost the same amount of attack points but nobody makes fun of life. FYI You shouldn't make fun of wat ppl are on the outside but wat they are on the inside

You are the best person EVER. You're the only person who's told me that I have a point. Oh, and um, when you said "FYI", did you mean me?
Thanks for sticking up for me. I'm a Level 28 Thaumatruge (Ice Wizard), so it makes me feel better that you don't make fun of our spells. I have some info for you Ice haters.
1. We have the highest health points
2. We are associated with SANTA, so we'll put you on the bad list
OK, that's a joke :)
3. And, we have one of the highest ranking school spells: Colossus.
Thank you for helping, DouDou123. BTW, I'm Alexis Frostcrafter.
Who is your wizard? We should meet up. :)

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
My friends and I like to go into WC and help out the "younglings" (yes, we call them that too) but sometimes... This weekend we were helping out and coaching on CB when someone came up and asked for help with warhorns. He ran over and caught one and when I got to him he said "I'm out of cards". I thought that he had blown through his deck looking for something so I finished the fight for him (something I almost NEVER do, I cast traps, shields, blades, weakness, but I don't fight for them). Then he ran over and caught another and when I came over he said "I can't use any cards" - HE WAS OUT OF MANA! I finished the fight again and told him to go to the commons and refill, instead, he ran to catch another! Needless to say, I left him to his fate.

Lower wizards, please be ready to actually be in the fight if you ask for help.

T. Lionstalker - Level 48 Death
L. Skullrider - Level 45 Balance