Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Choice Online Audience Award Follow Up!

AuthorMessage
Administrator

Let me start by thanking each and every one of you who voted for Wizard101 in the Game Developer's Conference Inaugural Awards. Your votes made a difference! Wizard101 was given special recognition by being announced "Close Runner Up" in the Community Choice Awards!!!

I have our amazing Dev Team, dedicated fansites and of course each and every player to thank for getting us where we are now. Having our Community and Customer Support team judged along side industry heavy hitters like Blizzard, Sony, CCP and ArenaNet is an honor in itself, and both humbling and awe-inspiring to us all.

And though we didn't win the award, I feel this is a win for Wizard101. Thank you for loving the game that we love to make.

~Kiersten Samwell
Community Manager
KingsIsle Entertainment

community@wizard101.com
Community Leader

That sucks! It'd have been nice for Wizard101 to win and us all to win a Lightening Bats pets as well. I hope since Wizard101 was a "close" runner up, we can get awarded the pets and celebrate Wizard101's achievement with it! After all "close" could mean could have been a tie!!!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
Survivor
Jun 07, 2008
WOOOOO GO WIZARD101 :]

Wizard101 should be at the top of the best game ever :). You guys are the best

Thanks Wizard101 for everything

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
cheyinza wrote:

That sucks! It'd have been nice for Wizard101 to win and us all to win a Lightening Bats pets as well. I hope since Wizard101 was a "close" runner up, we can get awarded the pets and celebrate Wizard101's achievement with it! After all "close" could mean could have been a tie!!!

If you want lightning bats that bad, farm them from wavebringer in mooshu. It's a shame that so many people want everything handed to them.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
While I am sure that KI is bummed and happy at the same time. I feel that if people aren't rewarded for their efforts, they won't make the effort in the future. I have to admit that I feel this way, but the deal was that KI had to win. I think we can all admit though that anything as compared to a Blizzard product will lose just based on the world-wide fan base alone. I admit I do not know the results of the awards. This is just to provide an example of how even giving us this deal was a no win for us because of the impossibility of KI winning. Next time, why not make it have a "first prize" and a "runner up," so-to-speak. If KI wins we get the lightning bat and if they don't we get some other not so rare pet.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
look wizard 101 is awesome that's all that matters all right.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
i don't care if wizard101 gives me anything it's the best game and no ones changing my mind i play other online games but if i had to give up all of them except one i would pick wizard101 for sure

Survivor
Oct 02, 2008
I'm just Happy that we got close runner up!, as far as wanting a consolation prize, I think we shouldn't get one this time, but next time they should state from the beginning that we would get a prize for winning, or a cool event like the birthday one. but should limit the prizes to those who voted.

As far as it nearly being impossible to win against major companies like Blizzard, Sony, etc. they have been around a lot longer than KI, so its only a matter of time before we win more awards.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2010
:(

If you want lightning bats that bad, farm them from wavebringer in mooshu. It's a shame that so many people want everything handed to them. you are quite right

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
HeranaShine1 wrote:
I'm just Happy that we got close runner up!, as far as wanting a consolation prize, I think we shouldn't get one this time, but next time they should state from the beginning that we would get a prize for winning, or a cool event like the birthday one. but should limit the prizes to those who voted.

As far as it nearly being impossible to win against major companies like Blizzard, Sony, etc. they have been around a lot longer than KI, so its only a matter of time before we win more awards.

I agree I've played WOW, Runescape, MU, and a whole lot of other games and in my opinion I like wizard the most. They've come a long way in two years and I think they'll go a whole lot further take the new world Celestia for example they're saying it's just the start of a bigger storyline more worlds to come in the future, one day they may find themselves beating even blizzard in the awards

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
HeranaShine1 wrote:

I agree with the idea that only people who voted should get the prize/event. I kind of like the idea of an event, although no clue what it would be. The reason I like the idea of an event is that they can make it so even if they do not win, we still have to work for the "prize," it is not "handed to us."

I could see KI winning some more awards, but when it comes to generic broad awards such as this one, I think it will be very hard for W101 to win until the player community grows to compete with others (WoW for example). I keep using WoW because it is the only highly acclaimed game that I know of from my friends.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I voted and made all my friends and fam vote too! I think it sucks that w101 didn't win but i'm glad we were close. I think we should celebrate with the lightining bat pets anyways because we were so close. :D

Survivor
Jun 24, 2010
cheyinza wrote:

Ok I know you want the bats but be glad Wizard even GOT a prize! how much money and time and effort did KI make into making the amazing game? huh? ALOT ill tell you, and yes somepeople are a bit dissapointed but they know they are lucky to have a game like this so, everyone, Be glad Wizard got Runner Up!!!
MAYBE they could host a party with decorations near Merls house and around the commens so we can dance and have FUN! I dont know just be glad! :D

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
This game is awesome and i think Wizard101 should have won this. Oh well, there's always next year!javascript:emoticon('');

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I voted right away, just as soon as I found out there was a competition going on, and I didn't even know about the lightning bats pet thing. But this game is amazing. I play every day, and when I start I can't stop for hours. :D

I'm wondering, after what the first post said, why people are so bummed about Wizard101 not winning absolute first place. I mean, KingsIsle is happy, and from what I gather from the other posts here, there are alternative ways to get lightning bats for pets (assuming you have access to Mooshu, and by the way, I only have Wizard City, Krokotopia and Grizzleheim). So just be happy. We all know the world needs more happy in it! (And for that matter, KingsIsle did its part in solving that global gloom problem, by creating this game we all love!)

Next time KI is competing like this again, I'll vote no matter what the outcome is "likely" to be, to proudly add my name (or at least my presence) to the growing list of Wizard101 fans! I'm just happy to let people know I love this game, even if there's nothing in it for me directly.

Let's thank KI for making us this game, why don't we? Lol... Seriously. Don't just drag them down when they're happy to have come so close to winning first prize! Be happy for them, and then there's always next time... :D