Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Two bugs; one for duels, and one for monsters!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2008
Monster Bug: Get a monster to exactly 0 health, and it's circle it stands on will remain active, but the monster is gone. It seems this bug was fixed, because after one round, you get a "victory" message, instead of being trapped in the battle forever. Though when a monster gets exactly to 0 health, it should just die!

Duel Bug: When high level wizards duel, and the duel lasts over an hour or so, all spells will begin to fizzle! Yes, shield spells, heal spells, any spell. And it does not stop! Spells that are 100% even fizzle, and it is every time.

This happens every time a duel lasts over 1 hour, and it will come up more and more as more high level wizards start dueling each other!

Please fix this "fizzle" bug, as it makes dueling high level wizards a waste of time. One hour into the battle and all spells fizzle? Now that's strange!

Yes, this can be recreated, as it happens EVERY time duels go on more than one hour.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Yes I have had the "fizzle" bug happen to me also, but not every time I battle a high level wizard. And not every time That a game lasts longer than an hour. For me it seems to be intermitant or random. As for the "monster" bug, it dosent really bother me so its not a bug in my book.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2008
Revelations wrote:
Yes I have had the "fizzle" bug happen to me also, but not every time I battle a high level wizard. And not every time That a game lasts longer than an hour. For me it seems to be intermitant or random. As for the "monster" bug, it dosent really bother me so its not a bug in my book.

I recently submitted this fizzle problem in the support area. I have had this fizzle problem happen to me as well. For me, it just happens here and there, but only in dueling arena's. The answer I got back from support, is basically they'll have they're testing wizards look at the problem. Though they did say if the incident does happen, you should contact support as they want more information on this matter.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Survivor
Jul 11, 2008
well i can say for sure that it is only in duels it happens! (fizzle bug)

i have been in boss battles for almost 3 hours before! (reshuffle trick)
this helps me earn over 1200 experience from one battle, and never has that fizzle bug happened.

but twice in a row in duels that last over one hour..

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
hofdiddy wrote:
well i can say for sure that it is only in duels it happens! (fizzle bug)

i have been in boss battles for almost 3 hours before! (reshuffle trick)
this helps me earn over 1200 experience from one battle, and never has that fizzle bug happened.

but twice in a row in duels that last over one hour..

Agreed, it has never happened outside of Arena combat.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2008
i have more information!

With more testing, i have discovered that it does not totally rely on time alone!

When both players get 7 pips, it seems to start right then!

No matter how much time has passed.

I got fizzle bug to work within 5 minutes of starting a duel!

Test this with your friends; go to a quiet server and pass until you both have 7 pips, then start trying to cast spells!

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
This is interesting. I will test this later today, that is if Headmaster Ambrose and his crew of wizards dont get to it first. ;)

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
I played last night but I was so busy working my wizard I just couldn't stop chaseing the next quest. Maybe tonight I'll have a go at it.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009

now is this a bug in game or a cheat bug out side the game.

I ask because bug hits me when my side is winning then i lose most of my hit points and pips spells fizzle and other side gain pips hit points no fizzle.

The strange part is it happens after someone on the losing team will say"hey so an so do that thing" then pause then the bug kicks in an they start lol at us.

Now this happen more then a few times other wise i wouldnt bother posting about it.

I dont mine losing a match in a fair fight but to a bug in-game or out really stinks.

Please look into this ,Thank you.