Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rudeness on wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
I need to discuss a topic on Wizards that needs to be addressed as soon as possible because whenever i get on wizard101 i get put down with rude comments or talked down to. What i would like KI to do is to is try and catch the ones that are causing the most trouble for wizards and do something about it. I am tired of coming on and someone coming up to me and telling me i suck or i am a loser. It is making me not want to play the game.

Autumn shadowstone Death lvl 50

We have given you the tools to control the chat that you see. Here are some options for you:

1. Disable Text Chat - this sets your account to menu chat only, meaning you can only use and see the preselected phrases in the Menu Chat.

2. Use the Ignore button early and often. See someone annoying you, select their character in the game or their name in the chat window and press Ignore in the Friends Panel.

3. Turn off chat bubbles. Press ESC in the game. Select the fourth tab labelled Gameplay. Select Chat Balloons Show/Hide to Hide. This will turn off the bubbles that appear when another player chats.

4. Close the chat window. If you're in a highly populated area, you can simply press X on the chat window and it will disappear until you press Enter to chat.

A word about reporting:
We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Mar 18, 2010
I am sorry you have these problems.

My advice is do what Zeke suggests. I would also switch realms to the most quiet realm you can find.

My friend and I had someone say something rude to us when we were battling. We did not respond to the person and continued on in our conservation. He moved on quickly as there was no fun there for him.

Ignoring the remarks and walking away is the best thing in my opinion. Do you really care what some rude stranger says? I don't. They have no idea who I am. I figure they have some bad stuff in their lives and are trying to make themselves feel better by tearing someone else down. KI cannot make us be nice, only we can do that.

People also need to realize the bad behaviors are PLAYER faults not faults in our wizards. A rude lower level wizard will most likely be a rude grandmaster unless they change themselves. The same wizard in another players hands could be the best online friend you have.

Megan F
Megan F
Megan D

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
merewen wrote:
I need to discuss a topic on Wizards that needs to be addressed as soon as possible because whenever i get on wizard101 i get put down with rude comments or talked down to. What i would like KI to do is to is try and catch the ones that are causing the most trouble for wizards and do something about it. I am tired of coming on and someone coming up to me and telling me i suck or i am a loser. It is making me not want to play the game.

Autumn shadowstone Death lvl 50

Hey Autumn shadowstone :) ,

Dont waste your breath here they will give you the same answer no matter how much you ask. I actully tried to get a job with these people to help with the very problem you are talking about. They said nope in short. If you read closely you can tell that they have not even updated the response. Because now you can kick people out of your house and limit people to your friends only. What i do about rudeness is i just brush it off, and report them if i see anything reportable. becareful though you dont want to false report. they gave the list on reportable things. I could give you a whole list of them, but :D i wont get my message posted haha. although they wont do not a thing about it i would like to say something that bothers me. just to get it off my chest. I cant stand these kids on here that are always saying this "I need a boy o friend" or "I need a girl o friend" I keep trying to tell them that this is a vedio game. and sometimes people agree then there are some that will call me inaproprit things i report those if i can. But the other day get this now I was telling this young lady she shouldnt do that becaue it could be someone dangoruse. A open chat person tells me i am up tight. now i asume that they are 18 or over right? well i am not open chat so all others asume that i am some kid guess what i am not. I really wish that this could be reportable. running around asking for a boy friend or girl friend isnt what these kids should be doing they have no ida who is on the other end of the game person they are talking to. well i have wrote enough i hope this gets posted take care all and have a great day. :D

Heather Icewispher level 50