Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

no resists and boosts in unicorn way

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
I know this is sudden and all but why are there no resists and boosts in unicorn way.Can someone tell me why.

Hero
May 02, 2009
If you think about it the answer is obvious.

Unicorn Way is the very first street that you encounter in the game. Your just starting out and getting used to the way things work so it's only natural that the enemies on Unicorn Way have no resists or boosts. Even the Fairy Queen, which is the only rank 1 boss in the entire game, has no resists because players can fight her on the streets almost anytime they want.

With the exception of Crab Alley, all enemies start having resists and boosts at rank 2 (The enemies in Crab Alley are rank 1 but have resists and boosts).

So basically since wizards are just starting out on unicorn way, there's really no reason for enemies to have resists or boosts.

I hope I helped.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
miker01 wrote:
I know this is sudden and all but why are there no resists and boosts in unicorn way.Can someone tell me why.

My belief is that it is a chance to learn the combat play there. It removes some of the complications. We also only face one foe in most of the WC streets. Once a wizard can handle him/herself, they kick it a notch up.

All of the resistances in WC are low until the Death Bosses at the tail end...one doesn't even need to worry about prisms until then, etc....

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
miker01 wrote:

There never were. At least, I have never encountered any resists or boosts there. I don't even think the bosses on that street have resist or boost.

The game gets more complicated as you go along. Unicorn way is ment to be super easy. Remember: later in the game, single wizards have to fend off two monsters per battle. After that, all the monsters seem to learn the weakness spell, and can cut your attack by 25%.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
Because it's an entry level area. Why would you give resists to the first bad guys players fight?

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Because level one monsters have no resistance or boosts.

However, resistance and boosts do start at level 2 monsters. So why does Lady Blackhope have no resistances or boosts? She is a level 2 boss.