Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
What I would do is allow other wizards who have not yet earned and gotten to. :) :D :-o 8) :P However, the person that they wanted to teleport to would have the option to let them to teleport to them.....................................!
Thank You!

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I think anyone should be allowed to port anywhere unless they don't have the subscription or crowns to go there of course.

Defender
May 31, 2010
Wow, I can't get over the amount of responses you have gotton on this topic.
I have conflicting views on this , since on occasion , I will let my lower level daughter port to me in DS. But , at the same time I am very cautious of her moves . She is not allowed to wander the streets , because I don't want her to accidently get pulled into a fight with someone else.
The main issue for me , is not the low levels in DS. Its the low levels , well , in fact any level jumping in of a fight that you started. No matter what world I am in or what level anyone is. Even some lower level wizards can be helpful , if they know how to use the deck properly. Any unexperienced wizard can throw out wands to knock down all your traps and force you to work twice as hard. But usually by the time they get to mooshu working on quest , new players are getting a good idea on how to best work a deck.
So for me , the main concern is not the low levels in DS, it is wizards jumping into fights that I have started.
What we desperately need is an improved group function , that will only allow members of that group to join the battle . Whether the group is 4 players , or just one.
When playing in towers , dungeons etc , any players entering are automatically put into a group so the group function could not be abused. But for street mobs , yes we need to be able to play without the concern of anyone jumping in on us.
Most of the time , when I get someone who intentionally jumps in on me , I just hit the escape button to quit. Some may see that as rude , but why should I have to work extra hard for someone else ? I am here to enjoy the game , and if they would like help , I am more than willing , if they only ask first.
If you decide to keep low levels out of areas they have not earned the right to enter yet , I wouldn't mind , would just spend some extra time helping my daughter finish her quest . I guess it isnt fair to the other wizards who are working hard on their questing , that my daughter can get a free ride , and some easy xp points and gold , because she has a nice mom : )

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
i say no because sometimes you will try to do some big hit or something and they will port and take all your traps and sadly it gets annoying :( but then again when i was like 20 it helped to go to ds and do a quest it levels you up a lot so i dont know

Final anwser is : (: No :)

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
I think they should only be alowwed to teleport to a world that is 1 above them like,if they are in krockotopia they can teleport to marleybone but not mooshu or dragonspyre.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I think that access should be granted because many times, for example, with a school quest, you are asked to go to a place that you don't have access to and you have to wait around bugging people until someone is nice enough to let you port to them.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
no. i do not want to see a world lock. i feel very strongly about it. a personal port lock. sure. maybe have a pop up like the one we get when someone sends us a friend invite. also, if a low lvl actually sticks around for the fight, and helps win it, they deserve what ever drop they would normally get if they had a key to the world. i don't think it matters wether they can access side quests or not, but i don't believe being able to set a port mark should be restricted either.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
It's fine as is. No changes necessary. You can always turn off your teleport.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
no they should not be able to go to worlds they have not unlocked it takes the fun out of everything. The whole point of the game is to have fun with quests and explore worlds THAT YOU HAVE UNLOCKED and be proud or something knowing that you beat that world.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
i think that the you should use the power of realms. like a realm just for level 50 or a realm for 1-10 if your 50 you can go to any this way no level like 5 would go into your battles there is like a family realm for everyone and like 20 family realms 3 Gm realms and other realms like 1-30 or 1-20 or something'''

- steven blueweaver life Gm

Survivor
Sep 01, 2010
My whole family plays, 2 adults and 3 children and we have multiple characters. So often we need to teleport to each other BUT we do not drag more monsters into the battles and flee. That is just rude. However, it should be that if you have not gained access to that world, then you should not get credit for it nor accept any more quests for that world. It gets me so mad that there are level 20's going around with Savior of the Sprial or hanging around the Basilica begging for friends so they can get farm. I have totally lost all respect for Savior of the Spiral badges. So yes we need to let them port just not get experience credit or pick up any quests for that realm.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
First of all I want to thank you for soliciting feedback.

It is nice to be able to port younger wizards to upper levels to get a peek and maybe jump ahead a bit. My solution to the porting new player problem is to give them a warning about how their actions have effected the play and insist they request to port before porting to me at a higher level. If they do not respond to my request or are rude my solution is simple... I remove them from my list.

Personally, I dont have this problem very often. We have 8 Grandmaster wizards and a few more in the works. We both handle this problem the same way and it works for us.

Please allow us to continue porting to these worlds.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
No way! I was at Dragonspyre and was yelled at for being a lower level. Not cool. BUT if the masters and grands were nicer .... sure i would love to still be allowed to teleport to higher level worlds! I don't see them being nice anytime soon though .....
I was looking at some higher level posts and almost all of them said no :-(.
I have mixed feelings...... I don't like not knowing what I want!

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
no way. I am a lvl 46 and low lewers would die. plus it wouldn't be a point to play it if you could go everywhere. you need to advance.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
This has happened to me a couple of times. BUT it was usaully me teleporting to them! Once i teleported to a buddy who was busy in Marleybone. At the time i was lvl 8. But i was so excited!!! Turns out she was in combat. Luckily, we made out alive but she yelled at me after

HERES MY SUGGESTION: Make these "visits" timed! for example if someone is in Dragonspyre and sum one teleports to them they will only have maybe 5 min to explore! Then Merle will teleport them back to where they oringanally were. That way they get a sneak peek and you wont need to worry about revisits becuz they wont be able to teleport back until 10 min is up. ( like the common teleprts and home)

Jasmine Frostbreaker
Journeyman Thautmaturgist~ lvl 17
Krokotopia

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
I fully agree with this idea however if they start locking the new worlds to those who are of low levels to port into before their time in the main story line of the game. Then they should make it for all worlds, however if they set it so people can only port the next world ahead of them to aid friends in fights then that would be a little easier to see what awaits them. Versus allowing people to port wherever and whenever they wished.

I pay for the game and have all grandmaster wizard and my family account is for five people, and if my family asks me ahead of porting i will be happy to say yes or no depending on area and how easy it would be to keep them alive during the harsh fights. not to mention if you dont want people to port to you, turn off your teleporting device and only turn it on for those you wish to have port in to you.

As for the world locks, it would be helpful to have a side button that you personally could turn on or off your characters on whether or not you allow those around you to port to the worlds your on. While still allowing others to port to you that are of roughly the same rank as you, whether they are higher or slightly lower than you are. This simple idea of turning on or off the normal teleporter system versus the world teleporting would be a little bit easier to add into the game then the one you purpose.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
kanedeathhammer wrote:
This is a very hot topic for some wizards among the community. As an avid player with multiple accounts I've seen certain areas fill up with lower level wizards and 45+ wizards yell "foul!" However, it really goes both ways. Yes having a low level wizard join your fight in DS can be annoying sometimes because their health/spell deck isn't quite ready to handle the mobs but think about what would happen if Kingsisle started incorporating "world locks" as many users have implied.

Being a family based game suddenly families and friends would be torn apart. The daughter with her level 14 wizard wouldn't be able to pop in and see what dear old dad at level 36 was doing in Mooshu. Is that the message that KI wants to send to their players?

Or think about this scenario, you (lvl 47) are in DS soloing a boss and are about to die, your life wizard friend (lvl 28) has 6 spells that he can port in and keep you alive with, however being a lower level and not having access to that area yet he isn't allowed to port because of a world lock.

It's a very sensitive subject to have to discuss, personally I can see both sides of the story. In the game we are told to quest for Spiral Keys to unlock the door to certain worlds only to find out we can simply port and check out the worlds just the same. Seems kinda unfair, no?

Personally I don't mind lower level wizards running around in higher level areas. So they bring in one more bad guy, big deal. By this time I've learned enough strategy and have enough notches in my belt that one extra bad guy isn't going to tip the scales.

I hope whatever KI decides on this matter they effects it will have on ALL wizards, families, friends, young, and old.

Nicely said! I highly agree with you. Sometimes lower levels wizard CAN help you. Make the right choice KI. :D

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
absolutely not, these lower levels keep requesting to be my friend so that they could teleport to me when i'm in drangonsypre. Not cool they can't even help me fight the monsters. I earned my way to dragonspyre I didn't rely on other people that's the whole point of this game. Noobs should stay with noobs and help each other out, let the higher levels play with higher levels.

Evan Drangonblood: lvl 50

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
absolutely not, these lower levels keep requesting to be my friend so that they could teleport to me when i'm in drangonsypre. Not cool they can't even help me fight the monsters. I earned my way to dragonspyre I didn't rely on other people that's the whole point of this game. Noobs should stay with noobs and help each other out, let the higher levels play with higher levels.

Evan Drangonblood: lvl 50

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
No, definitely not.

I've been in several situations where I'm questing, and a lower level wizard will port in, see the health of the monsters I'm fighting, wait til another one joins me, and then flee, leaving me to fend for myself against monsters who're already tough.

I really dislike having to toggle the teleport feature on and off so my friends can join me, while keeping some others at bay.

Also, i agree with what several have already stated--It is part of the fun of the game to discover new worlds as you go through them.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
One of the best aspects of this family friendly game is that friends can join together and teleport wherever to enjoy some fun times! This isn't one of those hardcore games. The more the merrier!!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

No, they need to earn the right to enter into the new area. It is like when Celestia comes out. I went through the pre-quest in the Test Realm. I thought that tower was hard, but, it should have been kept as a requirement to get to Celestia. Passing it made you feeling like you really worked hard and earned the right to enter the new area. Not being someone who knows someone else and teleporting to them to get into it. Everything shouldn't just be spoon fed to people just to enjoy the game.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
kanedeathhammer wrote:
This is a very hot topic for some wizards among the community. As an avid player with multiple accounts I've seen certain areas fill up with lower level wizards and 45+ wizards yell "foul!" However, it really goes both ways. Yes having a low level wizard join your fight in DS can be annoying sometimes because their health/spell deck isn't quite ready to handle the mobs but think about what would happen if Kingsisle started incorporating "world locks" as many users have implied.

Being a family based game suddenly families and friends would be torn apart. The daughter with her level 14 wizard wouldn't be able to pop in and see what dear old dad at level 36 was doing in Mooshu. Is that the message that KI wants to send to their players?

Or think about this scenario, you (lvl 47) are in DS soloing a boss and are about to die, your life wizard friend (lvl 28) has 6 spells that he can port in and keep you alive with, however being a lower level and not having access to that area yet he isn't allowed to port because of a world lock.

It's a very sensitive subject to have to discuss, personally I can see both sides of the story. In the game we are told to quest for Spiral Keys to unlock the door to certain worlds only to find out we can simply port and check out the worlds just the same. Seems kinda unfair, no?

Personally I don't mind lower level wizards running around in higher level areas. So they bring in one more bad guy, big deal. By this time I've learned enough strategy and have enough notches in my belt that one extra bad guy isn't going to tip the scales.

I hope whatever KI decides on this matter they think about the effects it will have on ALL wizards, families, friends, young, and old.

I could not have put it any better then this, although I would say no, wizards should not have access to worlds that one have not opened yet depending on the situation. If a wizard haves a grand and decieds to make a new wizard, according to there account on the other wizard that they previously made should be that ones limit. I am sure the experianced wizards will understand what i just said. Other then that ALL NOOBS TO THE GAME IT SELF should not be allowed to access any of the worlds.