Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
Cosino wrote:
well what you should do is when the try to teleport give us a box thats says:
Do you want "Name of character" level "whatever" to teleport to you?
that is a great response i think :D

That's actually a really smart idea. Kingsisle, thats a good compromise. That should be under the settings though, that says "Allow friends to teleport to you without request" and you can turn this option on and off like all other options.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
I would like the idea.
Because my pals always need help in high places and i go there and help them.
Plus i got a peek of the giant humongulos and dracions when i was level 30! So please dont cahnge it!
please? :)
Please?? :-)
PLEASE?!?!?!?!?! :D

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
I feel that if a lower level wizard is teleporting to a higher level area, the Wizard in the Higher Area should be aloud to allow or deny the teleportation of the lower level Wizard. Seems fair enough. That would solve the problem easy enough. And this option should be available anytime a wizard is currently in battle, no matter the level. Would save from causing extra enemies from attacking.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
I think we should not only be able to trade treasure cards i think we should be able to trade gold and gear but at least i want to be able to trade gold that would be nice for all those who cant get gold that easily please and thank you

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
I dont think people should be allow to port to other worlds they havent earned. Sometimes it even gets confusing if you have quests from other worlds if that's not your main world.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I play mostly with my son. While my main wizard is level 45, my son's main wizard is 34 and we enjoy helping each other in our quests. My thoughts on teleporting is it should be allowed but if you were going to change anything maybe do it by level. While I've just made it to Dragonsprye my son is still in Grizzleheim. If I'm remembering correctly the order is Wizard City, Krokotopia, Grizzleheim, Marleybonem, MooShu, and then Dragonspyre . So in order to transport in to a world you haven't earned yet your min. level would be around 15-Krokotopia, 20-Grizzlehiem, 25-Marleybone, 30-MooShu, and 35-Dragonsprye. It's just a thought .

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
I hate when lower level people port to me and get another monster in the battle then they see the health the monster has then flee. That really makes me mad. Other than that it dont bother me because I can usually keep port off unless I really need help

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
I think that you should NOT be able to port to worlds you are not allowed to go to unless you have that world UNLESS you have permission from a friend that is allowed to go there BUT they HAVE to be YOUR FRIEND! :P

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008

If lower wizards want to jump to higher worlds, I don't see a problem with it. However, I do not think that they should be able to earn the higher items or clothing. So, in conclusion...let them enter...but no farming for items...they should only get gold and experience (which won't be much because they don't have that quest yet).
Thanks, ibnerd :)

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
from christopher seawraith they should let people that are limited do it for they can get leveled up no they should be able to start off with to worlds and earn the rest

Survivor
May 27, 2009
I think anyone who is paying for this game should be able to be anywhere they choose . I do understand the point of low lvls interfearing with battles but quite frankly I've seen grandmasters who caused more issues in a fight than most low levels I see .

I've read quite a few threads on this subject and they all seem to have a common gripe the Gurtok demon in the plaza of conquests because everyone wants to farm it . It truelly seems to me that people are mostly complaining about this because they cant get in to farm it themselves .

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
I agree that alot of people like to bring friends and family that are small wizards to higher levels for various reasons but is it fair? I hear alot of people crying that there is nothing to do now that they are grands and KI needs to have more levels...Well there wouldn't be sooo many grands out there with nothing to do if they wouldn't be power leveling them by going to higher levels for higher XP . They are most likely the bulk of the ones against level blocks because it takes a while to make a grand by doing all the side quests to earn you're grand..I also read a statement from one person that then a kid can't port to dad to see what he is up to.. Is this the message KI wants to send? ..REALLY? why can't the kid text dad and say come help me in this lower level to build up since you are a bigger wizard dad.. Then we can spend some time playing together at the level I earned ..

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
Bear with me on this, as my examples may seem out of order, and I may start ranting, sorry.

I am guilty of bringing lower levels into DS, I was doing the Labyrinth with two friends, so all of the battles were already filled. I had a lvl 5 friend who had just subscibed so I decided to show him what he was in for. I asked the other two people if they had a problem with it (those friends by the way were just lvl 40 who wanted to lvl up for their 42 spell). My friend came and was scared, he ended up leaving, but not until after he leveled to 10 (5 lvls instantly).

Second, various people are saying that they have had problems with not having access to places for their spell quests. I, too, have had these problems, but not because I "power leveled". I spent most of my time doing all of the side quests before I moved on with my story quest.

Third, using lower levels can help, a lot. For example, when I was lvl 35ish and had to go through Big Ben in MB, there was nobody to help me for a while. I was about ready to give up until I got on and there was a lvl 17 in MB. I don't know what I was thinking, but I asked him to help me anyways. The two of us were able to go through Big Ben and defeat Meowiarty. If it weren't for him, I still might be in MB (I am now in DS Academy). On the other hand there was a lvl 30 that I had to help get through the Krokosphinx

So, blocking access to lower lvl wizards is a bad idea. However, some changes may be necessary. Side quests are side quests and you cant do them over, so you only get the experince once. The amount doesn't change whether you are lvl 5 or 45. Say you earn 5000 exp on a side quest, as a lvl 5 that exp will lvl you a few times, but as a 45 you hardly notice it on your exp bar. That exp is there and you only get it once. Dungeons are different, because you can repeat those, and if you aren't a certain minimum level for the dungeon, you can still be there but get reduced experience to help prevent "power leveling". I have no problem with people gathering side quests from places they don't belong, but maybe drop the experience earned from battles and maybe drop the percentage or disallow the droppage of rare drops that everyone is farming for.

The items from the quests shouldn't change, just the exp and drops should be kept from people who haven't earned the right to it. That allows lower level players the access there, because they have paid for it, but keeps the real good stuff away until after they earn the right to be there. Plus, higher level players can ask for help from lower levels without having to worry about losing their precious pet to them.

Alejandro Ogrethief Lvl 49 Master of Fire
Antonio Ogrethief Lvl 34 Magus Diviner
Tanner Battlesmith Lvl 50 Grandmaster Conjurer (My brother's wizard)

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
i agree to the whole thing. ( anwser no they shouldnt let...)
These are my questions if you would like to anwser them go ahead.

How do you get to marley bone? ( what worlds do you have to finsh.)
Are there any other quests in "The Vault of Ice" other then the obslek rubbing?

What quests and how hard are they in the " Emprors." place?

How do you get to ( what area's do you have to finish) "Tomb of Storms."

Oh atlanta can you help my lvl 26 wizard get to a higher lvl? whats your char.'s name mine is julia sky blume if you have text chat them you say." hi juilia i am savanah. im form the wizrads site .'it would be help full if you did help me with it.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
Isnt the way to prevent people from porting already available in the form of turning port off? That could be used more often can help in most situations.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
no because if a level 5 go's to dragonspyre he is going to get his butt kicked

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I think we should be able to turn on or off the ability to allow lower levels who have not unlocked the area to teleport or not. This would allow higher level wizards to teleport and help without the risk of a lower level coming and bringing extra troubles.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
During my 2 Years of play, I have seen many novices die in Dragonspyre just cause they teleported in and started tossing spells recklessly.

I would definatlly like to not see this in Celestia when it comes out seeing as the boss's and monsters will be harder.

It's a good idea and I hope you guys put it to good use.

Seeing as other MMO's do the same thing.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2010
Yes Every Wizard Needs Help On Something, Like boss dungeon anyway, at least noobs( or low levers) do some damage, although they like bait, not attacking you attacking him/her so please w101 dont take it out the porting! please :-o

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
YES OF CORSE!!!! I HAVE MANY FREINDS THAT OFTEN NEED HELP TO GET THROUGH A QUEST OR SOMTHING! i think that we should be able to because this game can be hard/unpredictable *at times!* and we all would like help from our friends

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I agree, a world lock on upcoming worlds would be wiser then a lock on all worlds. Reason being we have been playing with this ability for quite some time now. We are accustomed to the way the game is and to change something we are use to doing is to change a way of life in the game. Personally my children find the game more enjoyable with this ability and to take that away would be socially upsetting.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
i say people should be able to port to friends at different worlds. they didn't earn so they can hang with friends and learn about the world and earn XP with friends. they should be able to help friends at different worlds!!!! thank you for reading. :P 8) :D :)

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Short answer: If you don't have the spiral key you don't need to be there.

Long answer: If I give a long answer it will just degrade into a massive rant. So, please refer to short answer.

Ellie Sky GM Life
Ellie Sky GM Storm
Ellie Sky GM Fire

Community Leader

My personal opinion is big NO! Because for instance, I fight the Gurtok Demon in Plaza of Conquests. I constantly am fighting next to a novice and it's so annoying when I always have to heal them, shield them and they get the stuffs when I did so much for them.

Also, I have encountered novices who hit the monsters and take away my traps on purpose with LOW spells. When I try to explain, they don't care because they want the drops which is not so fair to me. I have to constantly help them and heal myself and then my attacks won't do much damage all because of them.

I also had to deal with them jumping into fights and bringing more monsters and going "SORRY!" Then I have to do all of the work or they flee! NOT COOL! I even die sometimes because I can't handle the load all on my own which wastes my time.

I think they should be allowed to see the NEXT world, but not two worlds ahead. It's more reasonable that way. So if they are in MS, they can see DS. But if they are in WC or Krok, NO WAY SHOULD THEY BE ALLOWED INTO DS! OR EVEN MOOSHU! Same goes for, for instance, if they are in MB, they can see Mooshu, but not DS. And if I swear I see novices from WC in Celestia, I'd be so mad!!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!