Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2010
Well i am a magus wizard on wiz101 and MY FRIENDS WILL NOT LEAVE ME ALONE i geuss they just want to help but one of them is not doing any OF HIS STORY MODE but they do just want to help so my anwer is yes and no. :-o

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I dont think they should be able to until they get a quest for it
because I have a friend that does that and he is just anoying when he
ruins my battles in MB.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
it would seem this whole argument is about people porting in when you dont want them to. the simple answer: turn off friend porting in the options. PROBLEM SOLVED!
all jokes aside, you simply musn't disable this feature. Sure it might get rid of those pesky level 7 flies that decide they want to fight the hoard of monsters in Kensington Park, dragging you in with them, but you must think the other way around.

Eg. 1: (insert name here) is short on gold and needs to make enough to buy that fancy robe in the bazaar, but doesnt have four weeks to spend scrounging for gold in the confines of Krokotopia. He asks "Hey, (insert your name here), can i fight Jade Oni with you? i really need to make money for this robe that will get me a lot of good stats, and it costs x gold." you say "sure mate, i could use the money/exp myself." Now, what would happen when good ol' KI gives ur friend the recieving end of a bann hammer from mooshu? he isnt getting that robe, thats for sure.

but then there is the ever-present issue of UNwanted guests.

Eg. 2: You are, after a long and hard ordeal, finally about to kill the last of the 15 draconians(i believe its 10 after the dragonspyre nerf) that Victor Darkstone asked you to kill. Its a heated battle as you are out of potions and your about to kill the last of the fiends, while you yourself are left with a meager 297 health. BAM! there's your Helephant to finish him off. BOOM. once the flames and debris clear from your overkill, you notice that a draconian is standing where the first one you killed was. how is that possible? when you glance to your left, you notice little (insert name here), your level 6 friend standing in the battle ring. "oh, is this a bad time?" he asks. "um YES!" you scream, hoping the draconian targets your friend in your stead. "sorry i'll go then" he says, whisking away from the battle, leaving you there to die, being forced to return in your newfound indignity and have to fight again.

the fix to both issues is at hand. After your friend chooses to teleport to you, it should send YOU the message it sent him/her. "Do you want (insert name here) Level 6 (insert class symbol here) to teleport to you? this way both your friends who need money, and those who will unknowingly bring your demise, will both pass muster from you, the middleman.

"If I calm this day, the Beast which dwells inside, it will find it's way somehow somewhere in time."
~Thomas(me), Grandmaster of Fear, Death, and all chips of the flavor called nacho.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I feel that the lower level wizards are just curious as to what they have to look forward to in their future battles. I think that if ki is going to do something about the lower level wizards porting into a world that they have not earned or are not ready for then there should be some kind of battle locks to keep them from getting the higher level wizard in to excessive combat . but, on the same token, being a father of three plus my wife and myself, (we all play wizard 101) i think in this case , if you have a family account, , as i do, then those who were are on your own accountshould be able to port to other members on the same account. that way if they are lower level wizards atleast family members can help each other. after all , this is a family game is it not? 8)

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
As I see it if they've paid for it then why resrict them. Not only do I subscribe each month but prior to doing so I've spent money on crowns to have "unlimited lifetime access" as have many other members. The reasoning behind players wanting to get into other areas of the spiral whether they have "earned" it or not is for no one to say. Just because one of the characters being played is obviously to low of a level to have unlocked the area, via means of following the story line, doesn't mean that a player didn't "earn" the right to be there.

However, if anything needs to be changed or remedied its the available settings a player has in regards to friends. For example, I may only want a few people to be allowed to port rather than the whole lot on my list or heck maybe I don't want everyone on my friends list to see that I am online if your settings are set to invisible then no one but who you chose to be available too should see or port to you.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
No way no way no waaaaaaaay! I hate it when sone lvl 6 wizard comes in my battle with rank 9 monster then they end up wasting your traps or flee after another monster shows up. There should be an option for when someone wants to port to you so that way there aren't lvl 1-10 wizards running around DragonSpyre

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I am Zachary LegendWalker and I believe that we should be able too, if not all then people in Dragonspyre should be able to go to Celestia.

Speaking for all those stuck on a world I also believe we should be able to.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
I see were every one is comeing from. Its not cool if your in ds and a level 5 wizard ports to you and there is another monster you have to kill.But its not going to be fair lets say your a myth fighting a myth boss and you ask your storm friend to come in help you but he or she cant if there not up to that world . :-)

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I think that we should teleport to our friends if they need help even if we did not earn the area

Survivor
May 06, 2010
I think there should be a limit for smaller wizards going to realms they don't have access too yet. What I mean by that is, someone who is a 10 shouldn't be allowed in Dragonspyre.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
NO WAY! You shouldn't let people who arent on the world level to port to friends if their friend is on a higher level world. It's one of the reasons why my port is off at all times. They have to work to get to the high worlds, not just click a couple times and be there. It gets really annoying when my level 5 pyromancer friend BEGS me to be able to teleport to me when I am in Drangonspyre. Her excuse is always, ''But I want to be just like you! I would like to level up some more! Pretty please with fire flakes on top?'' And I want to be able to tell her, '' Sorry, ya can't until you get a high enough level. For now, you work in Wizard City. NO PRESSURE.''

The people the lower level people teleport to worked really hard to get to that world, and the lower people just teleport to them. I think they shouldn't be able to teleport to the higher wizards. I kind of like Dragonspyre more because once people who are not on the world who just teleported to higher wizards can't get into Dragonspyre Academy, the Atheneum, and the Necropolis. It almost makes me laugh when they beg for someone to take them to the stores, and when someone takes them there the low wizard gets mad because he/she can not buy the equipment there. :)

I hope King Isle does something about this. We would all really appreciate it.

Autumn FireEyes
level 49 Master Pyromancer

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Low level players shouldn't be able to go to new worlds because even if they were able to teleport to Marleybone because of a friend, they would be no help at all. Also, I don't know why novice wizards hate to have to battle lots of enemies when they can get STRONGER from the battles. Besides, you get used to it.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
i think that lower level wizards should be able to teleport or go into worlds they havent opened yet, but they shouldent be able to get side quests because they will continue to do this and boost levels in an un fair way. example: you need help in dragonspyre and you ask a lower level that is in wizard city for help, then the lower level will wander around and get quests from people on the street and on simple quest to talk to someone would boost them 2-3 levels

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
I have been thinking about this... I think having something that pops up and asks the question would you like so and so lvl to teleport to you (If they are a lower lvl than you and not in the same world) then gives you the option to let them or not, is a good idea. I also think that just letting so and so go to one world above their's is also ok ,( Like Wizard City to Krok )then at least they can get a glimpse of the next world and not be too far out of their own league to be able to defend themselves.
Kaitlyn Jadestrider
Grand Master Life

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Survivor
May 28, 2009
I made a new character and he was level 1, I told my friend to go to a dungeon, like labyrinth( In Dragonspyre.) If i couldn't go there to level, I would be SOOO mad! I think its the best way it is right now. If you change it to this way, I would probably start to want to quit. If you added this to the game I promise you that you would loose more than half of your players. That means they will stop paying for subscription. I would say leave it the way it is. Oh and i noticed that the cards that I enchanted with tough, I can't trade them. I really want some of my friends to be able to make lets say an ice collossus, I would like my magus ice to be able to get that through trades and use them. If you were a level 22 fire, and you had a grandmaster fire friend, wouldn't you like them to be able to trade them to you? Think about it please!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Yes, I think its great that lower lvl people get sneak peeks at new worlds for them. About the experience they get they have to do hard work to get it even with a friend who is a grand. I have a friend who is a inniciate she died 5 times before defeating the boss even with me ( grandmaster diviner).
Many of my friends are amazed when i show them other worlds especially my true friends. I think its good that lower lvl people get tposee other worlds.

Jonathan Stormcaster Grandmaster Diviner

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Update: Low level players should get used to battling alot of enemies to earn access.

Melissa NightGiver: Necromancer Level 29
Alexandra: Theurgist Level 30
Autumn FrostFlame: Level 13 (Playing now)

See ya in the Spiral!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I think users should be required to at least have the world key before they port. I don't have any problem with someone who just earned access to Dragonspyre porting to a battle with Malistaire for instance, but a level 5 porting in can make things unreasonably difficult. This especially applies to the plaza of conquest post pet update. It's often very difficult to find an open battle in any realm there because of the swarms of inexperienced wizards farming for pets.
At least one other person on here posted an idea I also liked. People can be allowed to port to worlds they haven't yet earned access to to look around, but not to participate in battles/run quests. That would still allow sight seeing, but prevent some of the more annoying side effects.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
No. I agree with some of the other players: there should be a restriction. I have a routine: If I am in a battle in either Marleybone, MooShu, and Dragonspyre, and if someone lower level then me ports and flees, leaving me to battle their player, I routinely either talk to them, or delete them if they act mean about it. Most of these "mutineers" are novices, usually level 15 or lower who simply don't know how to battle when dealing with these monsters or bosses. I think the level restrictions should be this way, UNLESS you have gained access to that world through the storyline.

Wizard City: open to anyone
Krokotopia: Levels 15 and up
Grizzleheim: Levels 20 and up
Marleybone: Levels 30 and up
MooShu: Levels 35 and up
Dragonspyre: Levels 40 and up
Celestia: Levels 45 and up

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
given how crowded the spiral has gotten, i don't think wizards should be able to get to worlds on their own UNLESS
1> they are porting to a friend
2> they have been given the quest to go to the world
3> they must access the world to pick up a new spell (after which access should be delayed until the wizard gets quest to the new world.)

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
No i dont think they should because the whole fun of the game is getting the excitement to go to different worlds. Plus if your lvl 5 and your going to dragonspyre your of course arent gonna survive no offense lower lvl's

Jack Battlerider lvl 50

Survivor
May 01, 2010
My opinion: A tentative yes. If you subscribe, I think you should have the entire scope of the game. After all, if I had limitations, on where I can go, or what I can do, I would NOT pay real money to play the game. The game options already give you the option, to allow/block friend teleports. I admit sometimes it's a pain when a a level 20 ports in on a fight, sees they can't handle it after they drew in more monsters, then ports out. However, that too is part of the game, or part of the challenge. I believe that once you subscribe, the game should unlock, in all areas, no matter what your level, at least thats what I PAY for.
Sincerely,
Victoria Deathwhisper, Grand Master Necromancer.