Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2010
Let them. It isnt fair when someone wants to go somewhere and cant. THINK IF THAT WAS YOU PEOPLE!

I did think about "if that" were me. And surprisingly, I managed to get multiple wizards to Grandmaster (by Grandmaster, I mean FINISHED the game) without having to port to other worlds to "level up."

Here's a newsflash: People RARELY want to port to another world to "see what it looks like." They want to go for the xp (which boggles me, as they have no quest, so they're only getting battle xp) and the drops (mainly pet drops). Never have I heard someone ask to port to just "see what it looks like." Blah.

To the person I quoted: I hope you're not one of those annoying people that sits in the commons in Wizard City just to take up space and give me lag whenever I have to come through there.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2009
yes but only for aa short while and they should have to pay gold in order to teleport

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
I believe people with lower level wizards port to higher levels to:
- get pets
- get items that they'll use later or sell now for more gold than what they get in the level at which they're in
- get badges they can boast about
- to help others

I don't care if someone has a particular pet or badge, but I find it annoying when people port to me blindly and then can't or don't help with the battle. I like to help "less experienced" wizards out and they often want to friend me to keep getting help when they see me on or to port if they get defeated, etc. Blind porting to me in higher levels (or being rude) gets them unfriended in a heartbeat, which is sad since I like helping them when they need it.

Feeling "proud" of a badge / pet / item they didn't really earn is something many people will do if they can, but I equate it to cheating on a test. Yeah, you get the grade, but it dilutes its value for everyone.

Limiting people to just one level higher than they have access to via questing would keep them from getting in deeper than they should be, would keep them from getting things long before they could actually earn them, but keep people able to help their friends, all while giving them incentive to advance (hence, play your game which brings you revenue).

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Maybe there should be a button for when a lower lvl wizard wants to teleport to you there should be an icon that says "Do you allow and\or permit so-and-so to port to you during this time?" And then you can either allow or dont allow. Problem solved :D.

Jeremy Earthgarden {46} life

Survivor
Aug 02, 2009
No, I do not believe that younger level wizards should be allowed to port to their higher level friends, save they have unlocked the area. It is truly annoying to have a younger wizard completly throw off a combonation being set up.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
ok i really understand its a family game for all ages! and infact it was my kids that got me playing and i love it very much! i spend alot of money on wizard101 and pay for 5 monthly accounts mine.my husbands and our 3 kids! i fast had 5 grandmasters before my kids even got their first grandmaster! i have no problem helping my kids or other kids with their quest at all! and my kids have ported to me in the higher worlds so they could level up faster but i put a stop to that because it was messing me up on quest i was doing and farming!
so i told them i had no problem helping them with their quest so they could level up the right way but will not let them port to me anymore! i love them very much but im not going to let them think cheating the game is the right way to level up because its not! so there think what you want its wrong for kids or lower level wizs to port to areas they dont belong in! i had so many kids port to me i couldnt do anything except keep them alive because of their low life which caused me to be killed! so lower level wizards need to earn their level ups not cheat their way up!

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I dont think you should be able to port into any area you have not earned. It goes without saying that porters are annoying. I auto remove anyone who random ports into a battle.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
I think they should be able to but only like a tour. Like when your level 5 I think you get a tour of the arena but its ONLY you and no one else. The tour guide could be the cat person that tours the school houses. :D

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
No ! I think it not fair to have to work threw the game yourself to have people pop in your battle then you have to save them or look like the bad guy .

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
quote=mimifulton]No I don't think wizards should be allowed to teleport to worlds they have not earned. That's part of the fun of the game, to earn advancement to a new world.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
azelda49 wrote:
I like it. it gives the, say, apprentice a chance to
a) see higher worlds and
b) see higher level spells.
here are the things it gives the say, master
a) a chance to socialize with lower-level characters
b) introduce the apprentice to some of your friends
c)hang out with a apprentice. this sounds crazy, but to me its not. i like to dress up in apprentice clothing, unicorn way badge, etc and cast a hydra to awe them on Cyclops Lane or Triton Avenue. having an apprentice around can also be handy when they're life and you don't have a healer (its happened to me before). the disadvantage comes when you're in say, DragonSpyre, and the apprentice dies. they weren't a large part of the team so its a little hard to justify healing them from a strategic point of view but do you really want to hurt their feelings?
all in all i would say the answer to your question Madam Falmea is sometimes. the apprentice should receive a warning about the difficulty of this place is or proper etiquette should dictate that they ask the master first before teleporting. here are what i think some level requirements for the warnings:
Krokotopia: levels 1-7
Marleybone: levels 1-20
Mooshu: levels 1-25
Dragonspyre: same as Mooshu.
at level 30 a player stops receiving such warnings as they have in fact showed themselves to be excellent wizards.

this is exactly what I had in mind . Sometimes its nice just to have someone there in a boss fight to share the damage and add some attacks as well to limit world hopping would limit higher player from sharing the help burden. I am on the verge of grand master and finding an equal online and willing to help is tough and rare once you limit the world hopping if I get stuck I may have to abandon the wizard or just quit entirely because I cant find a master or above to help.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009

This porting ABOVE level issue has been my main complaint about the game. It's a form of cheating, and as a teacher, anything that encourages or allows cheating bothers me. However, families can still be together as long as the higher levels port BELOW level.

I am playing 12 wizards on two accounts, with 7 grandmasters. I might not have minded this porting issue so much, but it has been accompanied with vulgar and rude language from many players. (And yes, that's another one of my problems, how well players have learned to curse, even with filtered chat.)

Indeed, this game mirrors real life in many ways--and people who want to take advantage of others probably do that in real life too. Those who try to be vulgar no doubt are doing the same thing in the real world too. It's been nice to play with a team who made our OWN rules, including 1) don't port above level, 2) never port without asking first, and 3) never join a battle without asking.

Each world should be locked until the player completes the MAIN storyline (leaving it up to them whether to do the sides or not). Families can still be together as long as higher levels port BELOW level. Playing your own way up to each world teaches players to do their OWN work, without higher levels OR lower levels taking advantage of others.

EVERYTHING we do in life "teaches" us something, not just in school. And porting above level, like asking people to buy you pets or mounts, is teaching selfishness. Hope you can find a way to control this and help players become kinder and more responsible.

IMHO

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
That is a loaded question. I enjoy the company of friends when off in a zone. But I dont see a, say lvl 5 in dragonspyre. But friends 5-9 lvls below enjoy the new scenery and can at least heal me if a healer type

If possible lvl cap ports to zones, can only port to join a friend if within say 10 lvls of that zone.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
No. Although, i've been thinking that maybe lower levels can only port to the next world they go to. Like, someone is in wizard city, so they can only port to Krokotopia, or someones in mooshu, and they can only port to Dragonspyre, etc etc...

Survivor
Feb 03, 2009
Well I think we should NOT be able to teleport to your friends in high leveled worlds. For example if you teleported to your friend in Dragonspyre and they are going to defeat Malistare and you help whats the fun in that it ruins the WHOLE story.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
For all the above reasons, the lower levels should not be able to port to levels they are not ready for. They are really no help to anyone and they do bring on more bosses to fight and then leave or die and you do have to clean it up by yourself. It is a reward to go to higher levels I think that is the way it should be.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
um. well i think there is a logical answer to this. i say if you want to port to someone while in a battle or at anytime, there should be an option where somthing pops up on the screen saying, allow friend <name> to port to you, and a option saying yes or no. this can be in privacy options if you would like this to pop up or not :D

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
When I was new, I loved being able to go to places with my friends who were stronger than me. It gave me better experience, not just points but better strategy as well. I still like going to places I haven't unlocked yet just like anyone else, but I dont think its fair when people join in to a battle they have no business being in because they haven't unlocked it yet and they get more XP than the person who belongs. Take away the ability to join battles in worlds they haven't unlocked then they can see the sights but ot get into trouble or get drops or XP from a battle. Please dont take away the teleport to higher worlds. Just take away the advantages of winning battles there.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I love all wizards and enjoy meeting new people with different personalities, but them being tag along in other worlds they havent met requirement for, that's a too way bagage. Imagine a level 5 wizard gets dragged into a match into DS, they will be defeated, you jumping in as well is almost useless, unless you deliver quick kill.

Also kind of an annoyance due to that some people stay in other worlds too avoid crowdedness and other chaotic efffects of when there become too many wizards in one place. and sounds unfair that we paid to get to other worlds and they didnt.

To be fair, what should be maid is a new server (something like that) for them only, with no monsters, and no quest, basically an empty copy of that world. Sort of like Test Realm, but no monsters and stuff. So that way we all happy. They get a sneak peak, and we aren't left with messes to clean up :) ALthough this might be hard to create.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Dear Falmea,
I really don't mind when my little sister or brother port to me when I am in a world they haven't earned. Although that doesn't bother me, its bothering when people port there just to do the quests to lvl up. And they havent even gotten the world yet! They have people help them and they lvl up big time! I think its fine if people port to the world they haven't earned just to see it. But that takes the fun out of wanting to lvl up to see the world. If you were to take the side quests and main quest only for people that have the world then the lvl up thing wouldnt happen. So to the answer to your question, I would say no that people shouldn't be able to go to a world they haven't earned. It just takes out of the fun of the game, hearing people shout in the Commons: "CAN SOMEONE TAKE ME TO-SO-N-SO! I NEED TO LVL.":( Of course, this is the opinion of a lvl 50 Grandmaster. Lower lvls would most likely say "yes."

Sincerely from a Young Wizard,
Fiona Nightstone
"Remember patience in all we do"

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
For me having a subsciption has helped me to get to other place and other levels. I personally see no problems

Wolf Trollrider level 33 balance

Survivor
Oct 29, 2009
i think that if you have a wizard that can go to those worlds and if they make new characters then their new ones should be able to go because i lvl up my noobs in mooshu tree of life so i dont want those areas to be taken away from my new people

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
Paige MoonShade wrote:
I am sorry
This game is based on family friendly fun. If my Nephews, Niece ect.... want to port to me in Celestia, I should be able to let them no matter what their level is. They ported to me in Dragonspyre and played some of the side quest.

I have no issues with lower levels in worlds, I have players port to me all the time. They know if my ports are off it is for a reason. If they are on you are allowed to port.

You have the option to turn off your ports for a reason, you have perfect realms if you don't want to be around players.

I see no harm in keeping the game dynamics they way they have always been.
This is my opinion.
If those friends dont have text chat and they are lvl lets say, 5, they will think they can dominate with one hundred-fifty damage, i think its a very bad idea for lower levels to go to higher levels dungeons, towers, and worlds, especially hall of valor, the great spyre, and of course kensington park. they make the fight longer by wasting your traps using storm snake, fire cat, etc.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
Everytime a wizard ports to me we fight the guys and he dies and flees and leaves me stuck with the guys :(

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
I say yes. What if you were going to malistare and you needed friends? OR if you were in a fight and your friend is a life wizard. He could port to you and heal you. And even if they cause a mess they learn from their mistakes. Most noobs aren't so headstrong that they jsut keep getting in the same fight over and over and over.

Laterz,
Jason 8)