Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
Ithink in the case of porting out of storyline you should only be allowed to port one world ahead of your storyline and side quests for that area should be closed until your reach it in the storyline. this prevents them from "power leveling" off of side quests but still lets them see what they are in for next. this way it is still fair to those that truely are there to help a friend.

for example i was in mooshu and i was level 36 and my friend was in dragonspyre and he was level 48. he needed help so i ported to him and was able to help him. at the same time i realized i was going to get there just a little to soon and was not prepared level wise to be there solo yet. point being i was able to help him and knew that i needed to work on my levels a little more then what i had been doing.

Brian Deathbringer 43

Survivor
Oct 23, 2009

I think that they could port only if if you said yes like, they port to you,but you have to press a button "yes" that it asks you if they can port to you.
WITCH WOULD MAKE IT A WHOLE LOT EASIER PEOPLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
i think that wizards should be allowed to port to places they havent earned but only if there is a notice to the player they are porting to saying will you allow so and so to port to you and then it says yes or no i think that would be very effective in this little problem

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Well, It depends how high the lvl is and how long they have been doing it. I think they shouldn't be able to since, it gets annoying

Survivor
Aug 03, 2008
No, I dont' think they should be able to. While the theory of letting them get a look at what is coming may be valid for a few, more often other motives appear to be the reason for being in worlds/areas they are not prepared for. I think we have all been pestered more than necessary by wizards who jump into and out of our battles after drawing enemies because they realize they can't hold their own. Or they follow you around demanding (often with name calling) that you help them with what they want to do.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
This may or may not be off and on topic but here it goes... I say that for the trial part there should be a quest that introduces the charater to other worlds to learn what type of people are there and like helps them see what cool new abilities and characters there are in that world. BUT, for people with subscriptions, they shouldn't be able to port to another world without first gathering a portal key for the world. Because when people can teleport anytime to anyplace, it makes everything annoying for everyone who actually worked to get there . i mean say your in a battle and its taking forever to finish...then BOOM! someone poofs in and more enemies come into the battle and takes double time and sometimes you get killed and the person who ported finishes the battle and they get the exp and you get killed. So all in all, this porting whenever is a bad idea

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I think there are benefits for lower levels that port to their higher level friends on another world and genuine players really wanting to try to gain experience should be able to have a chance to do that, but there are drawbacks for those higher friends if they were not expecting or wanting them to join them in that area.

I think they should be allowed to, but if they don't have access to that world without porting to higher level friends, they get VERY reduced experience points for anything they do for worlds that are more than one away from the one their game-play/level allows. i.e a player from krok could get some experience from going to a friend in marleybone but not for mooshu or any of the higher worlds.
This will deter them from coming to a much higher area as they will not get much if any experience for it and they could easily get killed in one hit so they are less inclined to feel the impulse to port there.

In the absolute least thing that should be done is that asking permission to port should be implemented. That any lower level must send a request to port before they can. This would help serious players weed out those lower levels they friend only to find out that player only wanted to be able to port to a higher level area. It could be a feature that people can turn on and off, something like when a lower level tries to port to a higher level friend who has the feature on, it will tell the player 'you must ask for permission from this player to port to their location'
or something to that affect.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
The way I see it, if they are paying the subscription fee, they are paying for access to the whole game, and they should get what they pay for.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009

i thnk they should be able to, my friends do and i think it is great
they get to see what is coming for them as they level up
to me people who dont want them to are just mean
and so what can happen you die - so what LOL
its not real life you start again

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
i think no unless they have a quest there then they will be alowed in, but when they finish the quest they cant get in anymore. that would be very fair

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
I would say it's alright, because if you dont want them to port just turn you porting off. But if you remove lower lvl porting then, it would be bad for me. I have a friend help me in Dragonspyre but she just reached mooshu. Even though she isnt strong she is super helpful. She cant come it would be terrible!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
After playing through the early bits of this game for the fourth time I was about to give up on Wizards all together. It is so boring having to do the same things over and over again. And I had to try out a few different wizards before finding the type I enjoy playing most.

However through happenstance, I met another wizard who was going through a similar quest. In the course of the conversation that followed he offered to let me try out my hand at a battle way way over my head. So he took me to some boss in Dragonspyre. I was only level seven, but I managed to hold my own. The boss was even easier to defeat because of my healing spells. That was very fun.

I still have not unlocked Marleybones, but enjoy playing there a great deal. The whole Krokotopia is very monotonous and boring, and wizard city gets old about the second time through not to mention the fourth or fifth. I certainly would no longer play wizards if I could not port to other areas. I do not power level when I go there. I certainly level faster when doing quests in the area's I am meant to be in. But I need more variety then one can get going through the game at the pacing set up for it, and the best fun can be had when taking on challenges greater then one should be able to manage.

I always ask before jumping into a fight in any realm unless by accident. (sometimes you just step in the wrong place) But low level characters are not the only annoying ones. Sometimes grandmaster wizards can make a fight unpleasant as well. It has more to do with the etiquette that players use. A grand master who brags that they are able to do 4000 damage in one hit and insists on killing the boss drags a battle down. Whereas a level seven life mage can save a battle with nothing more then unicorns and fairies.

Thank you for your consideration.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
i would say let them go then if they can i would bet alot of lower level plays would get mad and you know we alwayss can use the do not let port thing

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
BLEH!!!Of course they should be allowed to journey to non- acsessed worlds!It makes leveling easier.How could you stop that? Grandmasters and their noobs would be TICKED!!! News flash Kingsisle NEVER DO THAT!It makes people ticked and then they might quit

Nick Emeraldshade Grandmaster Fire
Hunter Shadowthistle Grandmaster Death
Justin Sparklegem LVL 47 Storm

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
I think that players should be allowed to warp to others but maybe if you are in a place with a higher level, you could have a button that if you want and click will take you to the commons, even during battles.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
asutton75 wrote:
Personally I don't see a problem with it. It DOES get very annoying at times but I finish the battle and either change areas or switch realms. I play with allot of friends and family and I am not always on one of my Grand characters. If one of them should need help I just teleport to their location, help, then go back to what I was doing. I don't always like it when I'm joined by a lower level but they have paid for the game as much as I have and have every right to access any area they please.

i agree with you 110%! my highest level player is level 35, and i payed and paying for the game to accsess it, and so have other members so they should be allowed. one of my friends moved away, and wizard101 is the only way we keep in touch, and he his a grand, so i have to go to DS and Celstia. and on my opinion, i dont care if lower levels join a battle. i mean, yes it would be annoying for an extra monster to fight, but at the same time you also get another helper on your side.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

first i need to ask something does low levels in high level map when kill a high level monster do they get more percent % for good items than the other party that it is actually a higher level player than himself ? if that is correct NO ( but i think that shouldnt be taken completely i think you should put like a - 2 WORLD PASS - lets say i am in WizardCity then i should be able to PORT to a friend that it is in the NEXT WORLD not the one AFTER IT so like ONLY ONE WORLD not 2 WORLD OVER IT thats my way of thinking because if someone its actually paying or have that place payed they should get the most of it people think about themself they dont think about others

P.S THATS MY WAY OF THINKING FOR THIS PART ; )

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I think it is ok, but I think the lower-level person who is porting should have to wait for the other player to grant permission. Say, that level 5 player wants to port to their friend in Dragonspyre. The higher-level player could "Invite" the other player to port or the lower-level player could "Request" the ability to port. That would solve the problem of they "Annoying Porter". Also, maybe have a "low-end threshold" for what areas can be access via a port to a higher-level player. Then maybe that level 5 player couldn't get to Dragonspyre at all, but a level 25 could "Request" or be "Invited" (just for sake of example).

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
Yes. i think you should be able to because it is much funner in the game you can get new furniture, new clothing, new castles, new pets, from ds ms mb kt gh, my favorite world that is higher level only is mb. it's no fair if lower level players cant teleport to me when i am in marleybone aka mb for short. please don't change it. i am with tme101.

Carlos willowgarden

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

i say, keep it where it is! i know, i am somewhat lower, level 35, and love going to DS with my friends and fighting boss after boss, and if you dont want lower level friends there with you, turn off the privacy option letting friends teleport. i mean, that option wasnt put there just to look at, it is there for a reason. use it!!

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Being a family based game suddenly families and friends would be torn apart. The daughter with her level 14 wizard wouldn't be able to pop in and see what dear old dad at level 36 was doing in Mooshu. Is that the message that KI wants to send to their players?

Ok, clearly this person has no concept of "family" based games. Why doesn't "dear old dad" port to the level 14 daughter and help her, as opposed to the daughter porting to MooShu? That's ridiculous. And if the daughter REALLY wants to see what "dear old dad" is doing, why doesn't she get out of her chair and go to the other room and look at his screen?

I have a nearly complete NO to the question of porting. My ONLY reservation about saying an entire NO is the way KI has set up getting spells. When playing solo, which I used to do much more often, I would very often have wizards that could not get their next spells because they could not reach a certain area in the current world they were in OR they couldn't get into an entirely different world (ie. MooShu). I have had so many wizards that had to go up 3-5 levels just to get a spell, and sadly, sometimes a spell that was clearly not worth all the work to get.

Through emails, postings and other routes I have seen the porting of lower level wizards has become a serious issue to many people.

If one more lower level wizard ports to a friend in DragonSpyre and ruins a five minute set-up on a boss with a simple "wand hit," I will scream. I have had many set-ups ruined because of this issue.

I cannot tell you the number of times I've been asked by lower level wizards to "PLZ BE MY FRIEND AND TAKE ME TO DRAGONSPYRE SO I CAN LEVEL!" Sometimes, I'm even offered a MOUNT to take people there. Get real, people! When you meet any of my wizards, you can clearly see the mounts I own, as I'm ON them. Also, I know a really good way to level! Do what I did! PLAY THE GAME AND FOLLOW THE STORYLINE! Not only do you get your experience in a manner that is intended, you also get your spells along the way.

To make it simple: I say NO. NO more porting to the higher worlds. Earn your way, like the rest of us did. To KI: Change the way of getting spells and you make the need for porting completely null and void.

Thank you!
Account 1:
Grandmaster Death
Grandmaster Life
Grandmaster Fire
Grandmaster Balance
Level 42 Myth
Level 29 Storm

Account 2:
Grandmaster Storm
Level 42 Ice
Level 17 Balance

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:
Yes with some changes.

I would like to see the mark spot feature, side quests, and drops all tied to the Spiral Key. If you don't hold a key you cannot mark spot, get side quests or get drops (amulets, pets, rings, athames,hats, boots or robes). Have XP and gold at the same level as the highest Spiral Key a wizard holds . This allows porting to see the world, gives some benefits. But, keeps the best benefits off limits until you actually get there and are powerful enough to do it alone.

Another idea is the lower level person has to be with a friend (that holds a Spiral Key to the area) and can only fight if their friend is engaged in a battle with them.

What annoys me is when lower level wizards port in mark a spot and return over and over to farm or they get side quests to level up faster in higher level worlds. Both of those can be done in a wizards current world, just not as fast.

I am sad it has come to this point.

Megan F
Megan D

I really like that idea!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
yes they should be able to acess worlds that they did not get to . Did you see ,the high levels don't want it to be like that as much low levls do. I say if people want to they can and if they don't they don't. :D :P

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
tme101 wrote:
Let them. It isnt fair when someone wants to go somewhere and cant. THINK IF THAT WAS YOU PEOPLE! Just think about it. Anyone should be allowed at kt gh mb ds ca and mu. And dont make people pay to play please? :D

i agree.

carlos willowgarden

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Hmmm this is a tough one, Cause i do hate it when like lvl 10s join your DS duel and pull more mobs in and just set there and pass until u kill them all . HOWEVER, i have been soloing dungeons/bosses in DS and needed help and the only one who could come was like a 27 life . so i think it should just stay the way it is, i mean if a low lvl wants to go to DS that bad they can ask a higher lvl to help them get there and the higher lvls if they need help can still use a lower lvl that may have not have unlocked ds yet to help kill bosses/dungeons. thanks for your time! Hope i helped a little bit :D . See You in game!

~~John StormWalker