Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Players should be able to port to friends even if they cannot yet access the world; they still cannot recieve all the quests or gear in the higher level area so what is the big deal if someone ports to help a friend. They still have to unlock the area themselves eventually and may have more motivation after getting a taste of the world.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Nesogra wrote:
My thoughts on the world lock:
It is unwise to remove an ability from the game because many players begin to rely on it. So adding a world lock on the current worlds is a bad idea. However you could make a world lock on all the new worlds. If you do decide to make a world lock on Celestia and the following worlds they must be released with the lock. If Celestia and the following worlds do not have a lock when release, like the current worlds, it would be unwise to add them retroactively.

I really don't care weather or not you make one or not but if you decide to have one it must be there when Celestia is released.

I totally agree with that ( but maybe it would be nice to add a lock on dragonspire )

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
i do not think that anyone should be allowed to teleport into a area they have not earned or are ready for.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
simple answer NO

If they do not have access to a realm such as not having key to a world yet they should not be able to port there. One example where this is huge issue is farming in plaza of conquest. Every time I try and farm there with in a battle or two some low level person comes in and blows all my hard work by triggering traps with puny little spells or even a WAND! (ugh) I worked hard to get those keys and I except others to do the same. As for power leveling it is getting horrible I even found out after starting with the player that a wizard was in brisk breeze tower and using a insulated wand which gives one pip sells. They obviously had learned absolutely nothing about fighting due to power leveling. Lucky for the rest of us they took instructions well which is hardly ever the case for such wizards.

Survivor
May 20, 2010
I think porting should only to areas that have been earned. Also, even if that's true, I think you should be able to confirm whether you want to allow someone to port to you. I realize there's a setting to enable/disable for everyone, but there are times when I'm OK with some of my "closer" friends to port, but I don't want just anyone porting.

I think that being prompted to allow someone to port would be a great improvement.

PS add more Black Lotus or fix the recipes (i.e. transmute or craft recipes)

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
No, I do not think wizards should be able to port into areas they cannot access. I think that defeats the purpose of the game in building on skill level, strategy and technique. That is the part of the game that makes it a learning process for all wizards, young and old.

One way to be flexible about this type of question is to group worlds by skills. For example, harder worlds like Dragonsypre should not be available to wizards under a certain level or skill group. Say 43 and up for DS, etc.

One other aspect of this question is the impact on other players. Low level wizards in high level areas create the question of "do i protect them at the risk of other players?" It's a complicated question to answer and clearly battle specific, however the real question is "why should this be allowed period?"

Cheryl Iceshade

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
I personally think lower lvl wizards should be allowed to teleport to their high level friends. However there should be some form of restriction. For instance, when a low lvl clicks on go to friend the high lvl friend should get a message saying, allow so and so lvl such and such to teleport to you? The player may then simply choose yes or no. I mean don't get me wrong, I love company. I have like 7 or 8 lvl 4 pyromancers that really look up to me, butwhen I'm in a fight in grizzlehiem they all teleport to me, chicken out, flee, and leave me with 4 guys to deal with!UGH!!! -Hannah Lionstrider lv.31 pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
I think you should get a message of the person trying to port to you, and you can accept or decline it. Just like a friend request. This might solve the problem....?

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
No! I hate it when they do... Beggers just keep begging for people to take them to dungeons so they "level" I hate it when they join battle with out asking. I would not mind as much if their was a button and someone had to request to join. Because I mainly group but when I try to someone I dont even know joins. The first person to join should have a button to invite someone to a battle or accept or decline other people joining

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Mark Shadowrider, Grandmaster Necromancer
I know that low levels popping in can be annoying, but sometimes, lower levels can help. I have a lot of storm friends that can hold their own against rank eights and nines. Sometimes, I actually enjoy having them port in letting me fight more mobs at once, and since I've gotten my Scarecrow spell, those situations have been a breez. I just think there should be a window that pops up asking if you'll allow someone to port to you (like a friend request).
On an unrelated note, can you please let us see the stats of our friends without having to port to them and getting their stats by clicking their wizard or their standard chat message. It really helps when trying to select friends to ask to come help me fight in dungeons, and when trying to figure out who to delete from my friends list for a higher level friend. If nothing else, at least let us see if they're menu chat only.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
No. It annoys me when low level wizards port when i'm in DS and then i nearly get defeated cause i waste my time trying to heal them after they have been dead for awhile, and then they ask me for help with the sidequests so they can level up and i always turn them down and tell them to do it when they get to the right level. :x

Nathan Frostrunner: Level 50 Ice
Nathan Frostrunner: Level 50 Balance
Nathan Stormrunner: Level 50 Storm
Marlon Spiritwhisper: Level 43 Myth (Myth is so boring lolz)

Survivor
Apr 20, 2010
No i dont think wizards who havent earned the right to go to an area should be allowed to go, its not fair to those of us who actually do the work to get to these places and others just port in on us and reap the benfits or port and bring more enemies then flee.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
I think we should leave it. There are times that having a lower level character get involved can be bad, but that can be the case at any level or fight. If someone else joins the fight, enemies join, and they flee, you're stuck fighting all of them anyway (even on Unicorn Way). And it can be a huge asset to have someone that only has access to Moo Shoo, join you for a hard fight in Dragonspyre. And it is a family game. Its fun for parents to get involved with their kids and vice versa, no matter who is high or low level. In my family, I'm the only one that can get to DS, but I can't tell you how many times my boys jump in and save the day. They love that! Helping out poor old dad. If lower level characters couldn't port in, it would change the family fun of the game.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Hi,
my vote is NO, the people doing this dont really earn the XP points, it is the ones who took them to the un-earned area that are giving them the points, since they dont have the spells to battle the high level bosses alone like you can if you earn your way up, so the other person does all or the majority of the damage hits

now i will explain..

i guess i am pretty new to the game having only played for the last couple months,
i have a Grand Storm wizard and i am currently working on two others that are barely level ten

my opinion, having now gone thru the game doing every little side quest and helping as many people with theirs as i could in my time online, shows me that in a relatively short amount of time you can progress very well and become a Grand without venturing into what i say is un-earned areas, or as some people call it.. "power leveling" ..

this to me is something that should not be allowed , i understand that a majority of the people doing that are ones who are trying to get their second, third or even sixth wizard to Grand , and they dont want to have to play thru the whole storyline again, well that is a part of the game , that is how you EARN your Grand Wizard ,

and it should still take you much less time then your first Grand did as you will be able to bypass reading the dialouge and you should already know the deck construction and the best school spells to use against each of the schools to get higher kill rates

and besides, if you want to get technical about it... YOU arent really the one who is getting the XP, it is whoever brought you into the un-earned area that is GIVING you the points because 99 percent of the time they are the ones doing the hits because your wizard doesnt have the spells needed to do any damage to the higher level bosses

so for that fact alone this practice of "power leveling" should be dealt with
and stopped immediatly , be honest people! , you know your not earning these points

thank you for your time and allowing me to post my thoughts on this subject

have fun
if you need help with a quest or even ten of them, look for me i am around

Kieran Hawktalon

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
i'm sure you have to change it because what happens when a lvl 11 comes to dragonspyre and gets in a battle with a lvl 49 and the lvl 11 flees the battle then the 49 almost dies so i think your suppose to change it

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Having been a "new" player (six times over), I will say, yes, it IS nice to be able to jump from world to world and get all those good and higher expierence points, not to mention all thos higher value goodies that are dropped. Sometimes a new player, either by trying to be helpfull (or greedy), does bite off more than they can chew. Higher expierenced players have developed the knowledge of how and when to set a trap, when to put up a blade, how to share their gained expierence with other players, they have developed the mindset (of the game) on BEING a "team" player. When a "new" player jumps in to a battle he/she is obviously not capable of handling, he/she can vastly disrupt that "team" concept, be it intentional or not (the temptation is just TOO great to use that feint regardless of the consequences to the overall attack of a high ranked boss). I will not deny the pleasure and fun of being able to see new powers of higher level players. Some of those high spells are truly awesome to see (regardless of it being the first time seen or been seen many times over). BUT, the game DOES have a story line, that story line should be followed (otherwise why have it in the first place?). Rewards are gained by deeds, deeds are accomplished through the acquiring of knowledge and skills, those knowledge and skills should be learned in a specifice time line of events; believe me, the end results (rewards) will be MUCH greater and vastly more appreciated. All that being said: NO, I do not believe that "new" players should be able to jump to new worlds they have not gained access to through the established story line. I know there are many who will disagree with me. However, this being a forum like environment, I offer the above comment(s) as my humble opinion.

Morgrim Deathweilder
Master of Death (GrandMaster level 50)

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Personally, I don't have a big problem with it. Any quest they do won't be there when they advance to that world. And if they die early....well that's the risk taken.

Jumping ahead can break up the monotony of this games rigid linear path. After your third or fourth wizard it's dull. Sorry but true.

I'm WAY more annoyed at beggars.

Angus Deathwalker Lvl 50
and four others

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
My whole family playes. I love helping my kids out with their quests but I also love having them come with me to defeat Malistair or when i Raven farm.
I think the main problem is with people just jumping into battles. Making it so lower levels cant go to higher level worlds will NOT fix this. I think everyone can agree on that. Maybe KI will make it so someone has to be on your friends list and/or they have to ask permission to join battles....

Ellie

Survivor
May 07, 2010
I think that when a bigger wizard is in a battle in Dragonspyre or Mooshu only when he calls fo help can a smaller player wizard(level 14 and under) can teleport to them. Also when in like in Jade Palace, and the other ones. 8)

Survivor
May 17, 2010
Yes! PLease! At least for celestia! I dont want newbies asking "can you gift me a (whatever)?" PLease kingsisle! I dont like newbies asking and asking and begging!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i think that people should be able to port because like what if their friend needs help and who ever with them has been defeated and no one else is there to help them. but you can limit it to the low lvls like lvl 25 and up can go to higher worlds if they havent unlocked them yet and i also think that you should unlock the worlds forever with subscriptions to but thats of subject.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
I personally think they should be allowed to teleport to new worlds. This allows players to have some friends to help them. For one the higher level you are the less players are there to help you out. This will allow more chances for higher lvl players(like grandmasters for example) to get help. I personally have higher lvl friends who always ask for my help(I of course help them) but then the fun of discovering new worlds would be gone. It would be better if we had a comprimise. For instance maybe if someone tries to teleport to you, there could be a "sign" asking if you would want them to teleport to you. If you said "No" then the player could not teleport to you at that time.But if you siad "Yes" they would teleport to you. :-)

Survivor
Jun 04, 2010
I personally think they should be able to. So they can see the outer walls of wizard101.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
i don't think they should be able to i hate it when they port to mw in ds and ruin a battle

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
No I dont think lower levels should be able to port where they do not have access. Alot of people are talking about families playing together and this and that. Well we are a family that all plays, and have taught our youngest the "Value" of earning your way. It is so much more satisfying for them that way. And if they want to level up, then we go help them level up until they can get to the next world. Because of all this porting in I have to permanently leave my ports off. You cant even farm in the plaza without the lower levels all running around, wanding traps and feints and you get nowhere. I think maybe not allowing them to enter battle, or not allowing them XP or drops may solve a problem.