Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Transformations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
Over this month's birthday celebration I got to experience the two complimentary Transformations that KingIsle provided. This was my first experience using a transformation, but I have seen many players running around with them. I thought they were kinda neat, but they did get me thinking.

What I think should be incorporated into some of the transformations should be a boost of some kind. Basically a combination of a transformation and one of the other potions available. Since I have not used the other potions, I do not know how they stack or interact with transformations. If transformations stack with the other stat boosting potions, then the special transformations should be a bargain package that provides both benefits of a transformation and a stat boost.

One of the things I think would be really neat as a basic stat boost to certain transformations would be a basic resistance to the damage type of the creature you are transforming into. Like with the birthday transformations, the Tree Ent transformation should come with a minor resistance boost against life damage or possibly a minor regeneration when outside combat, and the Ninja Pig transformation should come with a minor resistance boost against myth damage. This is of course just a basic example, but if the stat boost was thematically correct for the transformation I think it would add to the entertainment value not to mention the economic value of purchasing a transformation.

I was also thinking that for certain transformations the stat boost might be scalable based on the wizard's level. That way, a transformation wouldn't be overpowering at lower levels and would still provide a nice, "noticeable" stat boost to a higher level Wizard.

One of the down sides of a transformation is the fact that you have to unequip your mount to be able to see the transformation out of battle. I have two potential solutions to this.

One, figure out a way to prevent a mount from interfering with a transformation.

Or

Two, they could add a speed boost to all transformations. I think that a speed boost of almost equal to a permanent mount would not imbalance anything. Since transformations have a duration of only 1 hour and the cheapest mount has a duration of 1 day they should not be competing with each other.

The addition of a speed boost or other stat boost probably will require a new category of transformations to be developed. And the price for these new transformations can be set appropriately so they do not interfere with current products in the shop.

As I said in the beginning I have never used transformations before the free birthday gift transformations so you can take these suggestions with a grain of salt. But, I for one would be much more willing to use a transformation if it did more than just change your appearance. I know I would feel much more like a wizard transforming into one of the spiral's creatures if I could also take on some of the aspects of those creatures.