Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Casting Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I have several pets that I have leveled to ancient and/or epic. Many of them have a talent that suggests that they can cast a spell during combat for me. I have used these pets fight after after, night after night, and I have never once seen them cast a spell for me. Am I misunderstanding something? I don't do much PvP, so is it only valid there or something?

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a life minotaur with the talent of 'may cast life ward'. It tends to cast the life shield after i get hit with a larger life spell (nature's wrath or above). As for may cast charm, I am not sure what triggers them to casting it. Maybe by casting a spell from the same school as the pet it will use its talent. I only have one pet that may cast a charm, but do not use it, so i can't say for sure if a pet WILL use this talent.

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
May Cast blades, traps and bubbles are bugged and will never cast.
Shields and Spritely do cast.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
It's a random occurence. A friend of mine got 'Spritely'; with thier Satyr - we might go 3 or four fights with the pet doing noting, but then the pet will heal it's owner 3 times in the course of a single fight.

Spritely is a half-version of the 1 pip spite card- 15 life, then 45 life for 3 rounds. Not much at the higher levels, but not unwelcome, either.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
wizard8083 wrote:
did you train them to adult or whatever the're supposed to be

Please read the first sentence of my post. These pets are ancient or epic which is more trained than adult.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
bcbdla wrote:
May Cast blades, traps and bubbles are bugged and will never cast.
Shields and Spritely do cast.

Has anyone reported it? This is a huge deal. I only have pets that cast blades, so if this is a bug, then I need to use a different pet and I'm mad that I spent days and days training my pets only to get pets that have talents that can not be used. That's ridiculous.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010