Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

4 pip Mass Wild Bolt with Stun

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm in favor of giving Storm School another free wild bolt card, or two. I think for four pips storm school should have a 10% casting percent wild bolt card that does 1600 damage to all plus a stun. It is very storm like and does not seem to be out of line with storm's wild bolt card, it is essentially a step up from it. In another post, I suggested also giving storm school an improved wild bolt card that costs 3 pips to cast, has 10% accuracy, and does 1400 damage against a single opponent plus a stun.

If storm school could have all of these, they would have 2 pip, 3 pip, and 4 pip wild bolt cards which would in essense allow some storm players to specialize more away from the other storm players. Those that prefer wild bolt casting are likely to go with higher casting percentage equipment at the cost of health points and pip chance.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
seasnake wrote:
I'm in favor of giving Storm School another free wild bolt card, or two. I think for four pips storm school should have a 10% casting percent wild bolt card that does 1600 damage to all plus a stun. It is very storm like and does not seem to be out of line with storm's wild bolt card, it is essentially a step up from it. In another post, I suggested also giving storm school an improved wild bolt card that costs 3 pips to cast, has 10% accuracy, and does 1400 damage against a single opponent plus a stun.

If storm school could have all of these, they would have 2 pip, 3 pip, and 4 pip wild bolt cards which would in essense allow some storm players to specialize more away from the other storm players. Those that prefer wild bolt casting are likely to go with higher casting percentage equipment at the cost of health points and pip chance.

...REALLY?!? they dont need it...your just trying to make storm overpowered, wildbolt was already annoying, and now ya want to make it STRONGER AND STUN?!? more pips cost doesnt do jack squat, unless for the strongest one with OUT the stun it cost 9+, THEN i might consider it,
but for only 4 pips, its overpowering

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
If people are complaining about "Wild Bolt being too strong" get over it now. It's fine as it is but thanks to people complaining, Wizard101 has now made Storm lose one of its most useful weapon. Bolt. Its a card and storm is suppose to be strong.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Jul 12, 2008
KingsIsle has tried to make the game as BALANCED AS POSSIBLE. As a storm wizard, I'm probably a little bias, but I think Wild Bolt was fine as it was. With only a 10% chance of working, it's almost always a waste of mana. So, even with accuracy boosts from cards like Sniper, and boosts from clothing, it's still ineffective a lot of the time.

I guess what I'm saying is that, for TWO pips, I don't want to deal TEN damage! I'm pretty sure it's like 20% chance of 1000 damage, 30% chance of 100 and 50% chance of 10! That's stupid, especially for wizards like me in Celestia where a normal enemy has as much health as a lot of Marleybone and Moo Shu bosses!

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
1600 base damage and stun to all enemies.....

Why not just give Storm instant death to all, including bosses. Do enemies in Celestia even have 1600 life?

God, with all the whining about Wild Bolt, just replace the card with another of the overpowered/pip spells storm has.

Historian
May 15, 2009
rubyb23 wrote:

Why not just give Storm instant death to all, including bosses. Do enemies in Celestia even have 1600 life?

God, with all the whining about Wild Bolt, just replace the card with another of the overpowered/pip spells storm has.

you whine and moan about how unfair wild bolt is but that is the whole freaking point gosh darn it
storm is SUPPOSED to have the cards with the highest BASE damage
but we also have very low health and practically no defense

seriously people you have ruined one of storms most useful cards!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
rubyb23 wrote:

you whine and moan about how unfair wild bolt is but that is the whole freaking point gosh darn it

I know rite!!!!!!!!!!! Even with all the enchantments bolt could only hit about 50% accuracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Aug 21, 2010
rubyb23 wrote:

WOW!
Storm has mildly better cards which are only powerful when I sacrifice health, pip chance, resist and mana just to get 65% extra damage to all storm spells! But i also have a death which at the same level (56) has 56 damage, 40 resist, 300 mana 2800 life and 102 power pip chance!

That to me is totally ridiculous, if they replace the card they should put in a DOT spell to ever out pvp, or a spell costing 4 pips which removes all storm shields and towers! That would be cool

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:

I know rite!!!!!!!!!!! Even with all the enchantments bolt could only hit about 50% accuracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel. No offense intended, but you are clearly unaware of the issues caused by the addition of Celestia. I don't know the exact how of it, but by combining gear and celestian spells, people commonly had it over 80% and some very resourceful people could get it over 100%.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
rubyb23 wrote:

I would argue that the folks who got wild bolt over 80% accuracy and spammed its use ruined it. Storm is supposed to be the most powerful spells in the game, and they are. But they are supposed to be that at the EXPENSE of accuracy, which they aren't anymore. I'm sorry but 500 damage per pip is ridiculous, even for storm, if you can have more than 80% accuracy.

As to the original poster of the thread. That spell makes as much sense as allowing ice to cast an ice armor spell for all friends giving 300 points of absorb per pip with stun block. Using the logic I've seen in this thread... Ice is SUPPOSED to be defensive, so its fair and balanced right?

Historian
May 15, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
rubyb23 wrote:

I would argue that the folks who got wild bolt over 80% accuracy and spammed its use ruined it. Storm is supposed to be the most powerful spells in the game, and they are. But they are supposed to be that at the EXPENSE of accuracy, which they aren't anymore. I'm sorry but 500 damage per pip is ridiculous, even for storm, if you can have more than 80% accuracy.

As to the original poster of the thread. That spell makes as much sense as allowing ice to cast an ice armor spell for all friends giving 300 points of absorb per pip with stun block. Using the logic I've seen in this thread... Ice is SUPPOSED to be defensive, so its fair and balanced right?

but they didnt have to alter to damage so drastically
they could have capped the accuracy its given
say it could only been maxed to 30% still very low chance, but its not so low as its ruined

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Umm, show me one thread where I complained about Wild Bolt being too powerful.

I dont PVP nor am I storm, so I could care less what KI does with Wild Bolt. I made an observation of people complaining about it, when all they have to do is replace the card with another that likely kills any enemy anyway when trapped properly.

This thread is about making another wild bolt and making it absurdly powerful. 1600 and stun? Come on.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:

but they didnt have to alter to damage so drastically
they could have capped the accuracy its given
say it could only been maxed to 30% still very low chance, but its not so low as its ruined

I don't disagree with that. That would have been my preferred course of action and I and many others have told KI that. There may be programming issues involved preventing that from being an easy change to make, however. I have my fingers crossed because the current version of bolt is just as broken, but in different ways, than the old version of bolt.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:

That's a bad idea because what if they had two power pips each round? And the bolt doesn't need a stun it already does 10 damage 100 damage or 1000 your idea is crazy! LOL

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
You seem to hate balance but love storm............
i know right