Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red mandrake

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
Hey wizards of the spiral. I am on the final crafting quest and need to know where red mandrake and if it is rare or not :?. Thanks :-)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
teku09 wrote:
Hey wizards of the spiral. I am on the final crafting quest and need to know where red mandrake and if it is rare or not :?. Thanks :-)

To me, it is the worst of all the reagents needed. Try near the death schools, and at the far end of the WC streets.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Red mandrake is found in Nightside - Wizard City (the entrance to Nightside is under the waterfall near Rainbow Bridge in the Commons)

It is found in three places in Nightside:

1) near Mortis – behind the gravestone on the right

2) across from Marla Stinger and to the left of the slanting building

3) to the left of the entrance to Sunken City, up the path, and left of the dead tree

Red Mandrake will appear in only one of these three locations or not at all.

To farm merely jump from realm to realm to get what you need. Since the item is rare, this will take some time. :-( You may want to watch TV, hum a few songs, text everyone you know, do your taxes, take up knitting, call everyone in the phone book, and send your child to preschool through college as you farm for the mandrakes.

You could also stake out the Bazaar and try to buy them.

You could also transmute, or craft, mandrakes by using Deep Mushrooms and Mist Wood which are easier to find and might be purchased in the Bazaar).

Hope this helps :-)

Have fun!!! :-) :-) :-)

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
rolo527 wrote:

You could also transmute, or craft, mandrakes by using Deep Mushrooms and Mist Wood which are easier to find and might be purchased in the Bazaar).

Thanks for the help.

Were do I find a recipe for this?

Elie Firesword

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
I wonder, since there are now 5x as many wizards as a couple years ago, are they going to increase the drop rate on Reagents or make a More Spawn Sights?.

Stuff that used to be hard to find is, now even harder to find. Also I don't see the the point in crafting. Every time we turn around they increase the amount of stuff needed to make cards. There are so many shortages on Reagents that it takes all the fun out of crafting. you cant farm them , you can t buy them, now with 5x more wizards you find them even less, and with all the crafting takes more reagents, a lot more than before.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
odriozola1 wrote:
rolo527 wrote:

Thanks for the help.

Elie Firesword

I believe the wizard city crafter Eudora has it- click past the equipment and furniture recipes to see what transmute recipes she has.

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
Talance3 wrote:
odriozola1 wrote:
rolo527 wrote:

Thanks for the help.

Elie Firesword

I believe the wizard city crafter Eudora has it- click past the equipment and furniture recipes to see what transmute recipes she has.

Correct - Eudora sells the transmute recipe for mandrakes, as well as for blood moss (which uses mandrakes and is needed in some advanced recipes).

For those who do not know: Each of the crafters sells a different group of transmute recipes. Since they do not cost much, it might be a good idea to buy all of them when you get an assignment from the crafter. You probably won't use each of them, but it is good to already have the ones that you will need, rather than having to remember who sells the recipe that you need and then go back to that crafter.

(Since I always buy all of the transmute recipes for my subscription wizards, I had to use one of my basic wizards to double-check the information)

Have fun!!! :) :) :)