Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Few things here

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
First of all,the mini games high scores are not working as i have not seen one update after beating many of the scores.

Secondly,i think the Myth Minotaur minion should be revamped,his ONLY use is to taunt/tank and even that i have seen it to be useless.

Third i think a new spell should be introduced...REFLECT,it would have to be one of a guessing game as just leaving it out there to wait for the proper spell to hit it,would break the game.Another mechanic i would like to see and it shouldn't be too hard is .."STEAL",you would spend 1 pip in an attempt to steal 2 pips from the opposition.

I would like to see some kind of change to allow players to have TWO standard classes.As it is now you only have ONE class that can make use of the power pip,it really is a waste if using them on any other class and everyone in the game has two mains.It gets even worse by Mooshu time because we often have nothing but 4 power pips=8 i;m not going to waste them on one off class 4 pip spell,therefore using them all up at once.

I have a couple of smaller ideas like a card that switches who goes first?You would only be allowed ONE in your deck as any more would break the game .How about a "FLEE" card?again only ONE in deck and perhaps make it a rare drop that has to be replenished?

How about a Wizard run TOURNAMENT?1 death knockout?just food for thought,i am not really big on PVP stuff,just threw that out there for those who love it.

Last of all,i think most if not ALL of the drops in the game were pretty much useless.Some of the end game swords that offer a bonus to pip are handy and the pet drops ,people seem to enjoy.Offering items with 1%?that does nothing at all,even 3% of 300 is only 9,it won't effect the game play one bit.

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
zaksame wrote:

Third i think a new spell should be introduced...REFLECT,it would have to be one of a guessing game as just leaving it out there to wait for the proper spell to hit it,would break the game.Another mechanic i would like to see and it shouldn't be too hard is .."STEAL",you would spend 1 pip in an attempt to steal 2 pips from the opposition.

The first rule of suggestions is to ask yourself, "How would I feel if a NPC used this spell against me?" I suspect that a NPC that stole your pips would make you want to smack your keyboard over the head of the dev who created that spell. ;)

Also, never make assumptions about what is hard to develop and what isn't. We players simply have no clue about what goes on under the hood.

In any case, deck sizes are limited and bigger decks are not neccesarily better. Ask yourself - if you had the choice to put in a reflect that MIGHT bounce damage back, and a steal that MIGHT steal an extra pip, or a shield that would always reduce damage by 85% and an attack card that would always cause a certain amount of damage, which of those cards would you really want in your deck?

Players want variety, yeah. I want it too. Variety that isn't any good in a battle, though, is variety that will be unused and wasted.

zaksame wrote:

I would like to see some kind of change to allow players to have TWO standard classes.As it is now you only have ONE class that can make use of the power pip,it really is a waste if using them on any other class and everyone in the game has two mains.It gets even worse by Mooshu time because we often have nothing but 4 power pips=8 i;m not going to waste them on one off class 4 pip spell,therefore using them all up at once.

You're making an assumption that the devs expect the secondary school to be as useful as the primary. They've deliberately designed the game so that it isn't. That's why you don't get blades and traps for your secondary school. It's not intended to be as useful as your primary school.

If you refuse to use your secondary spells because you don't want to waste power pips, then you're making a strategic decision to maximize the value of your pips. You don't HAVE to play that way. It's a choice. Choice is good. :)

If you could really be dual-schooled, so to speak, you'd be way over-powered. The secondary school is really a way to compensate for the times that you have to go up against enemies who are resistant to your primary school, in my opinion.

Also, remember that it's up to you to decide what to do with your training points. The secondary school is not an official game mechanic, it's just a recommendation. You can choose to throw those training points all over the place and, say, buy all of the shield spells in the game instead. Choice is good. Changing the game to allow people to be dual-schooled would effectively remove that choice because having two schools would be clearly superior to any other strategy.

zaksame wrote:

I have a couple of smaller ideas like a card that switches who goes first?You would only be allowed ONE in your deck as any more would break the game .How about a "FLEE" card?again only ONE in deck and perhaps make it a rare drop that has to be replenished?

I kind of like the idea of an "Initiative" spell. It might be overpowered, but it would be interesting to try it.

What would a Flee card do that you can't already do by pressing the Flee button? Or are you suggesting a card that forces your opponent to Flee? THAT would be over-powered, or else it would be so weak that it would be useless deck filler.

zaksame wrote:

How about a Wizard run TOURNAMENT?1 death knockout?just food for thought,i am not really big on PVP stuff,just threw that out there for those who love it.

I'd love to see some kind of ability to create tournaments where you can also supply gold, treasure cards, and even loot items as prizes.

zaksame wrote:

Offering items with 1%?that does nothing at all,even 3% of 300 is only 9,it won't effect the game play one bit.

Two comments on this.

Firstly, the drops only have small values in the beginning. Also, remember that they're additive. 3% on your shoes doesn't sound like much, but if you combine it with 7% on your shirt and 4% on your hat then you're starting to talk about noticable bonuses. Now, consider what happens when you combine that with a blade and a trap, and possibly a boost for opposite schools.

It doesn't look so small any more. The numbers above are only Krokotopia-level of bonuses. Talking about Moo Shu, I've seen forum postings by players who claim to have clothing bonuses on the order of 60% in total. Those small bonuses get a lot bigger as you level up.