Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance & life pets still giving Myth Talents

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2010
Any status updates on correcting the issue of certain balance and life pets, providing myth talents instead of their school talents?

I have both a Jade Oni and Earth Walker, both are giving me Myth talents. I am a big believer in only using school specific items to take advantage of power pips, resistance, force, etc; so having pets that give talents outside of their school is problematic for me.

As things are now, they limit my battle planning; more importantly they were purchased for specific ability enhancements which they are not providing.

Any new information is appreciated.

Administrator
The short of it is that when pets are hatched together their talents get mixed up. This is kind of the core gameplay behind hatching; you keep doing it to get better and better combinations of talents and powers. The downside is that you can get a lot of talents that are only valuable to certain schools. For example, when a Death pet and a Life pet hatch together there are 6 total school specific talents that can emerge on the offspring ( Death Dmg, Death Resist, Death Accuracy, Life Dmg, Life Resist, Life Accuracy).

Obviously, some of these aren't useful to the owning player and in turn they can wind up making the pet less useful.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Apr 21, 2010
Um, Gamma?
Hatching was not mentioned.
It looks like these pets were purchased; not Hatched.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Correct, they were not hatched but purchased individually. When they were trained, they manifested Myth talents instead of their school talents.

Reading about, I noticed several threads about this problem and wondered if a solution was decided upon.

Defender
Apr 21, 2010
The ones currently available for purchase should have been fixed.
I don't think a fix is planned for the ones purchased before that update.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Update: I have heard from customer support and they say that I should have a fix in a week or two. I suppose I should be glad, but I find that an up to two week wait doesn't really inspire it; but a least they're addressing it, so it's good news.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Go to the help and support tab. Click the contact customer support. It starts on the answers tab, click on the contact us tab select bugs as the catagory.

When you fill out the form, include in your description of the problem : your login name, the pets that are affected, and the name of the character holding the pets.

Support will send you an email that will just be a copy of your request, this is to let you know that they have recieved your request and your support ticket has been made. Humans may or may not have actually read it yet, but it is in line to be addressed.

I think it took three maybe four days from the time I filled out the form to them sending me an actual email with human responses.

From there they will be able to tell you if they will fix the problem or not. If not, feel free to ask why not. Just be polite, if you tick off the help guys they might become less helpfull to everyone in the future.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Just wanted to update the status of this. Tech support did indeed change my talents to their respective schools. They also just changed my Bronze Helephant which was giving me death talents, to the correct life talents in less than an hour of my sending them a request.

So, if you are still receiving or have received a pet that has the wrong talent for its school, please send a note to customer support. They will respond.