Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching is cloning nothing more

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I reached my limit, 10 trys for the pet hatch and it didnt happen, 43,000 for each hatch you can do the math. All I got was cloning, mighty expensive for a clone. In future i pass by the Hatchery, and know it just dont work, Maybe one day Game will fix it. Until then I continue being BORED with Wizards, and wait for something new. What do you do when you have all Grandmasters.
I sold most of my pets and kept Grand master pets, still a few to sell, but no need to have all of them because I can see no reason to level them. My Grandmaster pet helps me more than any hatched pet could, and since the Hatch pets dont happen then why have all those other pets around. I also noticed that Inflation is horrible in the game, I saw a wand sell for 1,900 in gold in Bazzar, and when i went to sell that same wand to the Bazzar, they offered me 33 in gold, how sick, maybe you should offer least HALF the selling price for an item when someone wants to sell an item.... Or are you trying to just take away everyones Gold? I sort of feel like you want everyone in game Broke and hurting for gold. That would explain why Hatching cost like it does and you get Nothing for your gold.
The game needs to re-look at its structure, I rather buy Blades in Library now instead of Hatching any time. Some probably dont have enough gold left to buy Blades from Library, yet the game seems to be ok with this. So I am wondering what is behind all this gold draining. In future i hold on to mine.

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
Hatching isn't cloning. It gives you a pet that looks like one but has the card or spell of the other. You probably just didn't use the right pets or are just unlucky. Also, the prices in the Bazaar depend on how many of the item there is. Its a "Supply and Demand" market. And from what i've read, and from my gameplay experience, I think your just a little bit loose with your wallet. Gold is easy to obtain and a lack of it doesn't really have anything to do with KI. It has to do with what your doing with it.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
The only way to hatch a different pet that is a mix pet you need to hatch a level 48 pet with an other level 48 pet the chance you get the mixed pet is 20% only so you might not get a mixed pet and if you don't get the mixed pet you might get the other pet with your stats.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
schooling1 wrote:
The only way to hatch a different pet that is a mix pet you need to hatch a level 48 pet with an other level 48 pet the chance you get the mixed pet is 20% only so you might not get a mixed pet and if you don't get the mixed pet you might get the other pet with your stats.

I cannot see why the hatchery was even created if a player pays ALOT OF GOLD in the hopes to have a different or strange looking pet and gets one of the same pets he went in with but now to start over training it, not right in any way. I hatched a helephant with a life minataur and after almost 38,000 and 17 hours got the exact looking helephant with no difference at all I was seeing red. I sent message to wizard to fix this ,what is the fun in that.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
Defender
May 30, 2009
I've gotten a Mythzilla, Tempest, Fatezilla, Reaper, and a Leviathan from mixing around my level 48 pets. Every. single. time. that I've tried mixing a certain pet combo, I get a "cloned" pet on the first try, a "cloned" pet on the second try, and then the hybrid I want on the third try. I guess I'm kinda lucky? Hehe :)

-Jessica SkullSlinger
Legendary Necromancer

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
dream2dust wrote:
I've gotten a Mythzilla, Tempest, Fatezilla, Reaper, and a Leviathan from mixing around my level 48 pets. Every. single. time. that I've tried mixing a certain pet combo, I get a "cloned" pet on the first try, a "cloned" pet on the second try, and then the hybrid I want on the third try. I guess I'm kinda lucky? Hehe :)

-Jessica SkullSlinger
Legendary Necromancer

I have four wraiths from three different helephants. So, yes, very lucky :P

I wish I could find a ghast to hatch with.

Survivor
May 08, 2010
I kind of agree, kind of diasagree....
1. hatching isn't really cloning, as it mixes 2 seperate skills together and puts them into one pet. This is nice but...
2. I tried hatching a pet, thinking it would be a mix of a firecat and a piggle, and found out it was a regular firecat!! and boom, i had wasted my gold just like that!! :-(

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Then don't mix drop pets or card pets.

Only promo and school pets mix.

Anyways DarkBlood1, all I ever see you do is complain why this game is terrible. If you hate it so much why must you keep playing?