Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

All schools are even right?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
I was on wizard101 with my friends, and my friends were complaining balance was weak in arena because of all the tower shields and weaknesses. Then we got into a conversation about schools being equal. He got to the point of being rude and reporting us. I'd like to know.... Are all schools equal.?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think balance school has the highest arena winning percentage in the game. I've seen many balance school players in normal game play that have 2:1 win to loss PvP percentages and grandmaster status.

Personal note: I find it appalling that Wizard101 does not track and publish the PvP winning percentages of each school.

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
maddhatter493 wrote:
I was on wizard101 with my friends, and my friends were complaining balance was weak in arena because of all the tower shields and weaknesses. Then we got into a conversation about schools being equal. He got to the point of being rude and reporting us. I'd like to know.... Are all schools equal.?
yeah

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
maddhatter493 wrote:
yes

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Wow, your friends thought balance was weak in the arena? That's got to be the firsts time I've heard that, but yeah, every school is made equal otherwise the game wouldn't work properly. ;)

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
Defender
May 29, 2009
Yes!

Life has a lotta health and healing, but not many attacks

Myth is powerful+average health, not many boosts

Death is powerful and much health, but many bosses are Death

Fire is equal to Myth

Ice has lots of health but attacks are weaker

Storm is super-powerful but the least health

Balance is powerful overall and lesser health (I think)

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
Most everyone will say yes they are created equal and to an extent that is true. The reason people argue is because of the how you can exploit schools to make them better. As an example, in PVP all the big, important tourneys are won by Balance and Myth schools usually. The reason is because players have figured out how to use those schools effectively and other players using different schools have not countered successfully against them. Until someone develops a strategy that can consistently defeat those schools, they will be considered the best in pvp.

If you solo, its hard to argue against the death school. If you use it correctly, you hit and heal at the same time. You leave almost every battle with full health after you kill your last enemy. That is the ideal way to battle.

These are examples of how people have taken the schools and created exploits which make them appear better than others. Who knows, maybe in a year or two, another exploit will be figured out and that school will be perceived too be better.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
I have 5 grand masters(Balance, Death, Fire, Life, Storm)

In order of Life Points - with grand gear on:
Life(over 3000)
Balance
Death
Fire
Storm(under 2000)

By Power :
Storm
Fire
Death
Balance
Life

Now certain schools have an advantage to power, storm has tempest with any pip amounts as does balance with judgement. But Death tops them all with several spells that reward health 50% with every hit(4 to be exact)

I have fought my Storm in the arena 1 on 1 with all schools, my results may not be typical and users could have been more or less expirienced than I.

vs Death - Beat to a pulp
vs Fire - Beat
vs Ice - lost my hat
vs Life - dispel ended me
vs Storm - won with better stats
vs Balance - barely won
vs Myth - easily won

This is just pvp, but bosses and monsters are quite even because all bosses carry limit swords and put on several times now. And also they hit with spells more often outside of their school. I have seen Ice boss hit me with vampire! then minotaur, then heal itself with sprite!

It all seems to balance out is my point.

Rhemas

Historian
May 28, 2009
neopot39 wrote:
Yes!

Life has a lotta health and healing, but not many attacks

Myth is powerful+average health, not many boosts

Death is powerful and much health, but many bosses are Death

Fire is equal to Myth

Ice has lots of health but attacks are weaker

Storm is super-powerful but the least health

Balance is powerful overall and lesser health (I think)

Balance has the second most health! 480! And is not that powerful. Myth is more powerful than Balance!