Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Finding Beetles Quest (Oasis Zeke)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
You know the Krokotopia quest 'Finding Beetles' or whatnot? I can't start it. Zeke has a silver question mark above his head, and he just says "Where have those doggone beetles got to?" When I ask him about it. I'm wondering if anyone's having a similar problem?

Thanks beforehand! :-)

PROBLEM FIXED! THANKS! :-D

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
This may seem like a silly question, but have you double-checked your quest log? Zeke seems to think that you already have the quest.

Alternatively, are there multiple game accounts under one master account? If Zeke's confused, I'd expect a bug in that area to be caused by one game account having the quest and (due to Zeke's crown-centric focus) Zeke reading the quest status from the wrong account.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
I think your problem may be that you did not finish Zekes quests in the world before this one. Go back and check.

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Technically speaking, they should be different Zeke's with different quests, but it's still a good suggestion.

If that really IS the problem, then the game designers ought to take a look into seperating one Zeke from another.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2008
It isn't in my quest log, but that is interesting. I have not finished the first quest; I'll try it now, see if that fixes anything. Thanks everyone!

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Now that the quest history feature is in place, it's possible to see what's going on.

I completed the smiths quest before I reached Krokotopia. After the quest history feature was added, I checked the history of the beetles quest.

The beetles history INCLUDED the text from the smiths quest! This implies that all of the Zekes are being treated as one long quest chain that rewards multiple training points at certain completion points.

So, the answer is that you have to complete all of Zeke's quests, in order, before you can accept the next quest in the chain.