Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Female storm wizard caught in whirlwind

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
If anybody is willing to help I am a level 26 storm wizard and i know that we are supposed to be the strongest class as far as damage, however I think my deck is built wrong or something cause the most i am able to do is 750 with what I have. Any input would be appreciated. And please no smart comments I am new to gaming and enjoying it.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
if you tell me what you got i should be able to help you

Luke Skywalker grandmaster diviner

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
If you want to do loads of damage make sure to put loads of Storm Blades and traps in your deck.
On the first round, cast a storm blade on yourself, then a trap on the enemy. Now all you have to do is cast a kraken or storm shark and you've got yourself a great big attack of about 800-1000.
hope this helps
Gabriel Griffinhaven level 48 Storm

Delver
May 26, 2009
You can boost your Kraken with storm blade and use windstorm and storm trap on your enemy. That should do 1,000 - 1,130 damage to your enemy :D

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
you need to use blades and traps and also have equipment that adds to storm damage ... I suggest going to the bazaar and buying all new equipment

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
seasnake wrote:
you need to use blades and traps and also have equipment that adds to storm damage ... I suggest going to the bazaar and buying all new equipment

If you get new equipment, get things that boost accuracy mostly, but if you can find gear in the Bazaar, Attack + Accuracy bonus is perfect. If not go for just the Accuracy bonus's instead. Also Blade+Trap combo does pretty good damage. Also, if most of your cards in your deck have High PiP cost then most likely, you are spending more time taken damage then attacking. Drop some High PiP cost spell cards and add some low PiP cost spell cards and just Boost the low damage cards with blades, and traps.

If you go up against Storm creatures, then load deck with Storm Prisms, and drop the Traps. Prisms work more effective on Storm Creatures then traps do. Also take it to another level, and buy some Treasure card Myth traps. or even if you have the points to spare, buy some training in the Krokosphinx from Niles the Balance tree, and get the Spirit traps.

What the Myth Traps will do is Boost your Storm Attacks even more, when combined with the Storm Prism on any Storm creature/boss.

I know this through testing different spells and combonations on my Grand Diviner. Hope some of this info helps. Oh BTW if you know the Storm accuracy spell from training use it..I know it is only a +10% accuracy, but sometimes that 10% may let you able to cast a good damage spell when you really need one to not FIZZLE on you. 1 card is good to have in deck, 2 might be pushing it. I have just one in my deck. The reason why I just carry one, is because, by casting it, it will waste my turn when I could be Blading or trapping, or better yet casting. It only adds +10% accuracy, to whatever spell I am casting. but do not depend on it to work when you really want it to, so do not load your deck up with this spell.

Good luck

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
Don't worry, the exact same thing happened to me. Then my higher-level friend told me to use traps and blades, and I got my tempest to hit 1028 damage :)

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
Colourado wrote:
If you want to do loads of damage make sure to put loads of Storm Blades and traps in your deck.
On the first round, cast a storm blade on yourself, then a trap on the enemy. Now all you have to do is cast a kraken or storm shark and you've got yourself a great big attack of about 800-1000.
hope this helps
Gabriel Griffinhaven level 48 Storm

Thank u so much really appreciate it

Survivor
Jul 23, 2010
Ok and as a secondary class what would u do for a storm??

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Most people will say you should do Life to Satyr. Given Storm's low life level, this is good advice. Also, Ice to Tower Shield is very helpful. Other than that, maybe get the elemental blades/traps from Niles the Balance tree in Krokosphynx.

Storm rocks so have fun!

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Not sure about Storm and Element Blade, but for Death you HAVE to have Spirit Blade to hit hard enough.

Train up to Satyr, that is rough, that is 4 white pips. I am guilty of training up to Sprite; it does a total of 300 Healing over four rounds. I don't even carry Pixie, life stealing and Death Shield/Sacrifice carry me far enough, and the bonus is both Sprite and Sacrifice can be used to heal other players.

I have said it before, I carry a Life wand, Fire Mander pet(it does 375 Myth, not fire) and one Gobbler Treasure Card (another 375 3-pip Myth), so I can get some more use out of the other blades. There is 3 pip life spell for non-life characters, so I decided Life would make a good wand, and it could in theory remove life shields off of Death monsters, but for some reason they do not do cast it often.

It would seem to me if I was Storm, I would carry a Phosphorescent Maul (crown item, 90 Fire hit, +1 power pip at level 25!) and train up to Evil Snowman to make use of the other blades, or maybe score a Snowman or Snow Serpent pet. Fire Elf would be wasted on the blade. Matter of fact, I think will try it out and see what happens, seeing how my Life wizard has a Snowman and a Maul.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I use Life secondary. It works pretty well with Storm. You do not need the Centaur for life, only because your Storm Spells will do more damage, Blading and Trapping, then centaur will do. Tower Shield? Well I wouldn't bother with it to much unless you PVP, it will just take up more deck space.

Storm hits like a brick when spells are trapped and bladed so I just think the tower shield would not be necessary in PVE.

I also trained in Balance for weekness, and spirit shield (for the Myth traps) Like I said if I come across a Storm Boss I will use the Storm, Prism, Storm Blade, and Myth trap from the Spirit shield. This combo will give BOOST damage on Storm from one of my Wizards hit like a brick spells.