Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question on Drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
This is really a question for staff, or anyone that's been in my situation.

What's the chance of getting a drop? Are clothing drops more common than others? How rare is a MooShu blade? Does getting a drop increase the chance of getting a different drop? Decrease the chance?

I'm asking these questions because I've defeated Oyotomi and Defiler 56 times ( Yes, I'm keeping track ) and I've gotten 3 amulets, 1 ring, countless clothing, and no blade. This information would be useful to see if I'm actually getting closer to getting my blade. And I'm going to keep battling him until I get that blade.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
wow 56 times! just to put things in perspective a bit, i am by no means taunting you, but seriously just want you to see how random this is..

fought jade oni 4 times for the storm sword, solo, on the fifth and next fight i got jade oni's vestement (very good life robe).
fought oyotomi 1 time for the life sword, with one friend.
fought youkai 1 time for the minotaur.

Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Since the "teachers" aren't replying (what are they going to say, really, except 'some things are rare'?), I'll add my two cents.

The likelihood of a drop is the same every time you roll the dice. I fought Lord Nightshade close to 100 times, literally, before he finally gave up a dark fairy. In the meantime, I had enough copies of his wardrobe to outfit an army of liches. ;)

I've fought Alicane Straightarrow at least that many times and he still hasn't given up a fairy. I've got both of his staves, and three closets full of elf-prince clothing, though... ha ha! (But not his necklace, yet, darnit!)

Basically, there's nothing you can do to improve your chances. If it's a 1% chance for a pet (or sword or whatever) then it's always a 1% chance. You don't increase your odds by doing it more often or by already owning any particular item. You just pull the handle on the slot machine and hope that it comes up cherries.

I've complained about the Pavlovian game model already, so I'll save a repeat of the complaint. I just wish that the devs had opted for some innovative reward system instead of designing a gateway game that's training our young gamers to expect the same old raiding-for-drops gameplay that we've already had for years.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
I finally got the blade! 71 tries!

Slickriptide wrote:
I've fought Alicane Straightarrow at least that many times and he still hasn't given up a fairy. I've got both of his staves, and three closets full of elf-prince clothing, though... ha ha! (But not his necklace, yet, darnit!).

Aww! I'm trying to get sprite. 31 tries for that pet no luck! :(