Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cloak card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2008

hi can someone who knows like a mod or admin person please tell me what is the purpose of the cloak card

i thought it was to hide the shield or buff you were putting on

but i find that when you use it the shield/buff no longer works as well so what is the point of that?

Explorer
Jun 21, 2008
kathleen8 wrote:

hi can someone who knows like a mod or admin person please tell me what is the purpose of the cloak card

but i find that when you use it the shield/buff no longer works as well so what is the point of that?

What school is this spell for? What level did you receive it at? Happy questing.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
plumblossum wrote:
kathleen8 wrote:

What school is this spell for? What level did you receive it at? Happy questing.

hi i think it is a myth spell (not one hundred percent will have to go double check) and it is a treasure spell that you get as a drop you do not learn it for any school as far as i can tell.

would still love some feedback on this issue!

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
hi
I got one of these today, actually my second one. It has the balance school in the upper right side, so I suspect thats the school. It says cloak a shield or luck. I used it on an absorb shield and it turned it into an ugly face thing with spikes around it. When damage came, I took full damage until the end of the fight, and it seemed like the absorb card did nothing...

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
csillver wrote:
hi
I got one of these today, actually my second one. It has the balance school in the upper right side, so I suspect thats the school. It says cloak a shield or luck. I used it on an absorb shield and it turned it into an ugly face thing with spikes around it. When damage came, I took full damage until the end of the fight, and it seemed like the absorb card did nothing...

hi thanks for that, yeah i have tried it a couple of times on shields/feint/blades and the same thing, that ugly looking face comes on and the card is pretty much invalid, it cloaks it but also makes it not work.

might as well not have used the card

that is why i am asking what is it supposed to do

methinks maybe it is bugged.

Explorer
May 31, 2008
The Cloak Card is not meant to be used on SOMEONE. Its a Spell Like tough or The Accuracy One.

If you use it on a Shield, You can Therefore then Cast it without anyone Seeing What spell you have cast. Its Pretty Handy In a Duel. Its One of my Most-Used Spells against High Level Duelists.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2008
Swift98 wrote:
The Cloak Card is not meant to be used on SOMEONE. Its a Spell Like tough or The Accuracy One.

If you use it on a Shield, You can Therefore then Cast it without anyone Seeing What spell you have cast. Its Pretty Handy In a Duel. Its One of my Most-Used Spells against High Level Duelists.

thats not true as i used it to cloak my death +40 attack buff then used it on me then used a death spell and it did nothing it didnt do the +40 just sat there spinning around me

Survivor
Jun 30, 2008
Swift98 wrote:

hehehehe i know you do not use it on someone LOL but you use the spell you cloak on someone which is what i meant.
And the reason i want it to work is for duels, i do know how to use it at least that is not the problem

I have tried to cloak
feint (enemy)
storm shield buff (enemy)
the three elemental blades (self)
absorb (self)

and each time the card of have cloaked has become useless, the cloaked item just stays on myself or the enemy as a black circle but nothing happens

admittedly i have not tried this recently but will try again today maybe it has been fixed

Explorer
Feb 08, 2009
Yeah I've used this card once or twice in a pvp and in a boss battle. They turn into a Black Mantle its a balance charm that decreases accuracy by 45%, ok that is beside the point it turns into black mantle and does nothing. I used on a balance blade and it turned into a Black Mantle and then sat there. When I used my judgement it just did nothing and I lost the match couse of it! KI plz fix this. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?