Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pictures in friend list

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
Why is it that when i click on some people's name in the friend list, it shows their picture and others it dosent. Is this a setting? I know for me it is hard to remember names and easier to put a face to a name. How can i make sure people can see my picture when they click on my name?

Hero
May 27, 2009
If you haven't played with them in a while and updated the display, you get the default. The game doesn't keep everyone's status updated all the time (if you played Toontown, it always had up-to-the minute status of your friends, probably what you were used to) so you have to click on them when you are nearby in order to get updated. Or they would have to click on you to keep your info updated for them.

Community Leader
I found when I see this I need to update that friend , going and meeting up with their wizard to update the picture.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
people on your friends list are updated (pictures and stats) whenever they port to you, or you port to them. If you haven't seen them in awhile (or they haven't been online with that wizard in awhile) the information slowly goes away.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2010
Porting to my stick figure friend does not always fix this issue for me. It is rather annoying to not be able to see stats or pictures. There are way too many similar names to keep them straight without a picture.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I agree, I personally think that Wizard101 should update the game so we can always see the picture.

Samuel Lotusfinder Level 45 Thaumaturge

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I've often experienced that my client was showing outright wrong information about a friend's level or gear in my friends list. But, yeah, making a local save of their general facial structure and whatever their generic colours are would be nice.

But, then again, I'd also like a mailbox for friends...