Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Minotaur Minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
This needs to be fixed. Although a bit usefull he is taunting way way too often. I watched and healed him through a long fight and this was the result.

Monster Health. 675.

Tower shield, Taunt, five times in a row. did ghoul two times. Tower shield, Taunt two more times. Then Finally he casted Cyclopse.

Come ON guys this is silly. Summoning Minotaur is not an upgrade it is a downgrade. FIX THIS PLEASE!

thanks.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Then don't use him. Use the cyclops. But first learn what the minion does and how to use him. The storm minion functions the same way: Shield, taunt, attack with ghoul to get life back up. It is the best minion ever and my grand storm couldn't live without him. My myth wizard doesn't have minotaur yet but I can't wait to get it!

Basically these minions are designed to give you time to build up your attack. And for myth that is important as it isn't the strongest school (storm needs it because it has the lowest life). To really hit hard with myth you need myth blade, elemental blade and some traps and/or the all area enhance spell. If you are up against 2 or more enemies, they can really give you a beating while you are trying to get that all in place and save up pips for a strong spell. The minion distracts them so they will attack him giving you the time you need. Also, if they throw any weaknesses, they will throw them on the minion and not you!

One thing to note though: don't attack until you are ready to kill in one shot. If you attack, they will turn on you rather than the taunting minion.

So try it out and see what happens. If you don't like it, go back to cyclops. Either way, have fun!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'll gladly trade storm's water minion for your minotaur. I don't think there is a worse minion in the game than what storm has. It only has half of the protection shields, it costs pips to cast, it takes three turns after being cast to draw attacks to itself, it normally dies within a couple turns of being cast even when you try to help it. Its only damage attack is ghoul which does something like 175 damage if it is lucky and returns half. It taunts a lot but all that normally does is take up a lot of time as higher level opponents are seldom affected by taunt.

As storm, we'd love to have minotaur (or really anything else, mander minion would be most preferred).

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
Anointed wrote:
This needs to be fixed. Although a bit usefull he is taunting way way too often. I watched and healed him through a long fight and this was the result.

Monster Health. 675.

Tower shield, Taunt, five times in a row. did ghoul two times. Tower shield, Taunt two more times. Then Finally he casted Cyclopse.

Come ON guys this is silly. Summoning Minotaur is not an upgrade it is a downgrade. FIX THIS PLEASE!

thanks.

Lol, every time i try to build up my ice attack damage by using the balance elemental blades, an ice blade, and adding an ice trap, my minion the ice guardian wastes the traps by using ice beetle. It is really quite annoying but I guess it is good as long as he is trying to help out. XD

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
DUDE! How can you not like taunt on him? The whole point of minotaur minion is to taunt so you stop taking damage for 2-5 rounds. I am glad he does not attack, I can finally trap enemies now.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
One summoning can have a wide variety of results. If you get the same general results during the next 10 summonings of the minion, send a ticket in to Support.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
Anointed wrote:

Monster Health. 675.

thanks.

I thought people would realize this but the minotaur minion is used to take the hits while you attack that is why he towers and taunts and when he needs to heal he uses ghoul hope this helps

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
The purpose of the Minotaur Minion is to take the hits, leaving you free to blade, trap, and attack without having to worry about healing. Of the myth minions, I like the Minotaur best cause there is a lower chance he will take my traps.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 50 Myth

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Anointed wrote:

Monster Health. 675.

thanks.

If you don't like the minotaur pet then you are using him wrong. You cast him when you don't want the monster on you. He isn't a fighter, he is more of a meat shield.

ellie <grand myth>

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
What do you find wrong with that. I really dont understand. I like the minotaur minion.