Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No need to complain

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
There has been lots of complaining about hatching pets recently and I want to set things straight.

If I have a ninja pig and you have a piggle then you will get either a ninja pig or a piggle with mixed STATS.

If I have a Fog unicorn and you have a piggle you will either get a piggle or a all new pet that is a cross between a fog unicorn and a piggle but not a fog unicorn

So the only way to get a hybrid pet is if you (or a friend) have a VIP pet that was given from a code or a gift card.

Jasmine Stormblood
Lv. 11 Initiate Sorcerer

Delver
Feb 23, 2009
Umm, no. You can also mix and get a Hybrid with LVL 48 Pets.

Such as..

Helephant + Wraith = Fire Wraith (Something like that)

Sincerely,

Elizabeth MistLeaf (Level 49 Master of Ice)

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
fancymay wrote:
Such as..
Sincerely,

archfiend. And if you mix a piggle with a fog unicorn, chances are you get a piggle back with some of the unicorn's traits mixed in

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
AlecVolterra wrote:
fancymay wrote:
Such as..
Sincerely,

archfiend. And if you mix a piggle with a fog unicorn, chances are you get a piggle back with some of the unicorn's traits mixed in

The only way to be sure to get a compleatly different pet is to mix two special offer exclusive pets, two frog unicorns would work. The special offer exclusive pets cannot be hatched so the game is forced to give you something different. No one has said what those different pets are though. The official announcement about it was vague about that particular point.