Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is the Wraith Impossible?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
nicholaswizardas wrote:
Ice32 wrote:
Why is the Wraith right after Ember Everburn IMPOSSIBLE!? I mean i die every time i try to kill him!

Yeah, I know! I've been stuck on him for over a month Is there an easy way for a fire wizard to win this battle?
im a fire wizard and i beat him first try

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
I don't know if this fits in the topic, but it's a tip.

You should get the Fierce Hound pet. I have one (Teen) and it can cast Sprite. (Randomly) And I think it can cast Feint, boost up health and mana... that stuff. So I think you should get it if you need a Feint to kill him or like, NO healing spells.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Ice32 wrote:
Why is the Wraith right after Ember Everburn IMPOSSIBLE!? I mean i die every time i try to kill him!

if your death you are going to need one thing that is the key, prisams. death is amazing but if your battleing this dude, you must have plenty of prisims. stock up and death sheilds to, no matter what school, and mabye put on some accuracy and damage increase wear.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Weird, i soloed him. But the reason is probably because i'm life.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
The Wraith (Tomugawa The Evil) is hard, but not impossible. When I came in the battle I had only 37 mana left. I easily killed the minion with some Myth and Life attacks. Since I was Life, it was pretty easy to get him under 1000 health. But he kept using Vampire so he got back over 1000 I brought him down to 581 health but I only had 6 mana. Now, this is COMPLETE overkill but I did a blade, a trap and then Centaur and it did like 1400-something damage. But the surreal part was that after the Centaur I had 0 mana :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then I leveled up after that.
Ethan Iceblood lvl.38 life wizard

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
My Pyromancer beat on the 2nd time, my Diviner the 1st.
My Diviner was lvl42, and my Pyromancer was around lvl36

Pyromancer Tips:
Summon your minion (I did this before the minion had better moves, so you should be lucky). While the minion attacks the boss, you kill the minion. Then quickly attack the boss with a buffed Phoenix.

Diviner Tips:
Summon your minion (I didnt! ) and attack the boss with an almighty buffed Triton (If not, Kraken!) then attack again, and finish the minion off with a powerful move (Make sure to pack converts for the minion!)

Historian
May 28, 2009
Ice32 wrote:

You mean the one that allows you to enter the tree of life? Well, I beat solo, I'm myth and I beat him the first time. Is not that hard.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
creecy wrote:
Ice32 wrote:
yup i know the first time i fought him i asked for help from my friends but they said it wouldnt let them go ther :( but as a myth wizard, i am happy because of humungofrog! all i gotta do is use spirit blades (boost to myth, life and death) combined with myth trap, and myth blade, dealing damage to them is soooooo easy! sry but if your death your just gonna hafta use prisims :( but anyways myth rocks!
i love myth

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
nicholaswizardas wrote:
Ice32 wrote:

Yeah, I know! I've been stuck on him for over a month Is there an easy way for a fire wizard to win this battle?

LOL I was stuck on him for a month but i beat him on my second try! If you aren't lvl 42 yet do some side quests to get there. Thats what i did! summoning your fire elemental also helps.

Emily Frostsong - lvl 50 Pyromancer

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
Uh, i beat him the first time, is maybe luck......

me too. It was easy for me. First, cast a blade on yourself and 1 or 2 traps on the minion. Once you defeat him, heal if you need to and focus on Tomugawa. Cast as many blades and traps as you can and use a powerful attack. If you are death, like me, make sure you equip prisms. It is easy if you make the battle quick.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
wikiwizard wrote:
Ya I died too hey Wizard101 Makers could you make the wraith have 800 health :

i am a death wizard and i thought he was incredibly easy. guess thats just me :?

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
Paige MoonShade wrote:
Its not impossible, just takes strategy .
1. Make sure your gear have some resist, you can buy at the bazaar some really nice items.
2. Makes sure to have shields and heals.
3. Only use your own spell school, unless a trap and and tri blades
4. Kill the minion first, then set up the wraith

colagada gave some great advice in this topic

I think you don't need any resist but you need shields. I defeated that wraith for the first time on my death. Well I defeated him because of my secondary spell ( storm ) I put a lot of Kraken and blades and some death spells. I first take down the minion then the wraith with kraken.

Luke SkullStalker- Level 58 Necromancer
Luke DragonRider- Level 37 Sorcerer

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
colagada wrote:
You're referring to Tomugawa the Evil.

Tomugawa uses mainly Death magic. He is highly resistant (80%) to Death magic, and vulnerable (50%) to Life magic. He can use all Death attacks, even Scarecrow, and buff it with blade, trap, and Curse. His Minion uses Storm magic.

If you're a Death wizard, you'll need to use Death Prisms in order to do damage to Tomugawa. Other wizards can use their natural attacks.

Since Tomugawa can do serious damage with his Death attacks, you will want to stock plenty of Death shields. I recommend going to the Bazaar and buying the 90% variety, as these will blunt almost all of his Death damage.

In battle, take out the minion first, then set up your attacks on Tumugawa (If Death, put the Prism down first before the Trap or Curse). Remember to keep a Death Shield on yourself at all times.

i put a whole bunch of spirit sheilds and survived after the battle! :D :D :D :D :) hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
Shockdude72 wrote:
Get some strong friends, you'll beat him in a flash.
everyone is complaining cause you cant they make u do it solo

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
Bah, well I haven't beat him (Since I've only got onto it once and I couldn't get back onto the computer after that). I messed up. My advise: NEVER KILL THE WRAITH FIRST! My Ballance freind beat him his first time. I thought: Lucky. Then he told me to kill the minion first. To late, I died. But I had some wicked awesome traps. I was going to put on Darkwind. That would just help out the minion though. Big mistake on my part. So, I shall Parrot the comments above: Piggy goes bye-bye before Wraith goes ka-boom. =3 Trust me, my mistake. I shall say, my second half is Storm. When you look at the Death Monster and his Storm minion... well you get the idea. If you want to do some powerful Storm Spells, use Darkwind, don't use Doom and Gloom. you only make that mistake once. x. x Powerplay is good for any school, that Life circle will do you greatly. Death resistance, death Sheilds, Storm sheilds, and hit on your part is the key. Treasure cards, I must say are a nessecity. Do not put useless ones in it. One time I died since I had Gobbler as a treasure card instead of my 'hit all enemies' spells or heals. If you can help it, don't ight fire with fire, or rather Storm with Storm or Death with Death. It NEVER works on these guys. Never. Well, as far as I know.

Survivor
May 03, 2010
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
Ice32 wrote:

You mean the one that allows you to enter the tree of life? Well, I beat solo, I'm myth and I beat him the first time. Is not that hard.

He doesnt let you enter the tree of life. He lets you go to the village of sorrow abd when you complete THAT you get the tree of life.

I am a death wizard that took him out on the 2nd try by summoning a lvl 50 minion life, but that was before lvl 60 and celestia came out. so if you want to have caution summon a minion life lvl 60 or 50 to defeat him, as he is a SOLO ONLY boss. I repeat he is a SOLO ONLY boss. so many people come asking me for help with him.

If you cant buy a minion then get many death traps and for death wizards stock up on prisms & feints. add a curse here and there and add spirt trap/ blade if possible. then skeletal pirate if your death. if you are another school trap blade and set up + summon a minion. use your toughest spell so far.
Hope this helps.

Lucas ghostflame legendary necromancer
Richard Lionheart lvl 26 Myth wizard

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
hes not that hard I beat him on my first try :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D but I was LV43 and when I won I had 100 health out of 2000 left I would say go for the minon first.

PS. did you notice that tower brazer thing closest to you on the left is the only one burning and the color of the fire changes from red to blue

matthewfiremancer LV43 fire

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
i am a NECROMANCER and i beat him on my first try at lvl 35 i didnt use any shields i stocked him up with prisms then killed him

Hunter Deathcaster and the gang best friend nicholas dawndreamer the video maker

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I myself am a Necromancer, and I easily beat Tamugawa the Evil in my first try, he isn't so hard, I just used, a few Death Traps, Blades, Feint, Death Prisms, and eventually my Skeletal Pirate did the perfect job, and I eventually won, It was a close battle, though. Leaving me with 800 health. I battled him at Level 38! I wish you luck, wizards!

-Mason D. -Level 45 Necromancer-

Survivor
Nov 23, 2009
joey110498 wrote:
i beat him on the first try trust me he isn't that hard

Joseph Lifehammer Level 45 Life Wizard

I beated him on my first time with my death wizard at lvl 30 somting i forgot and i had 60 or 100 health left he aint that hard

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
wikiwizard wrote:
Ya I died too hey Wizard101 Makers could you make the wraith have 800 health :

He's fairly easy. I'm a Balance Wizard, level 47, I started mooshu late. What I did and got him on my first try was I got treasure cards. I'll give you a list if you need.

Treasure Cards Used:
Feint
Death Prisim
Death trap
Balance blade (Dragonblade works also)

It dealt a little over 2400 damage, I defeated boss with 1000 life to spare (Out of 2184). The minion, I used a balance blade and and the big huge fire bird thing. Hope this helped :)

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Ice32 wrote:
. Look, it depends on your school and strategy. I am/was a life lvl 39. He was very simple. My second is storm. I hit him with a kraken once then seraph and he died! His minion I went for first though. If your myth, go after the minion
last because he is easy for myth, only cause he's storm. The spirit world is actually an instance dungeon. It is very simple though and should only take 5-7 minutes at the maximum. Minimum 2-4 unless your life and myth and you are a much higher level then me. It would take a minute then. He should be easy for other schools . It all in all, should be simple to solo. Tomugawa the evil is a pushover. X rolls eyes x Don't be nervous That is what will get you defeated. :P

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
If anyone still needs help with this i'm usually free! :D
RyanOwlwhisper Lvl 51 Life wiz

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I'm not bragging but i easily beat him on my first try without any minions with my storm,balance, and ice.