Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defender Pig

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Before we launched Advanced Pets, the Defender Pig only had a card and only the 5% to resist chance.
After we launched Advanced Pets, he now has the card and a chance at much more than just the one talent. They now manifest their talents at random, making each one different.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Ok I understand that, but from what I have read the defender pig does not give spell proof anymore? I heard it was an epic talent, but the defender pig I received from my gift card does not have an epic slot. The whole reason I bought the gift card was so that I could get a great pvp pet. So I guess my question would be is does the new defender pig still have a chance at getting spell proof? Did you reduce the talent from epic to ultra rare?

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
ProspectorZeke wrote:
Before we launched Advanced Pets, the Defender Pig only had a card and only the 5% to resist chance.
After we launched Advanced Pets, he now has the card and a chance at much more than just the one talent. They now manifest their talents at random, making each one different.

It was 6% resist and a card
But you payed more for the crowns for a card with a pet with good stats
Now you have to be very luck to get any think good on a pet.
Resist is a epic talent.
Even of you get the slot for it. There is but a small chance of getting it is in the slot or the slot will go to the useless derby side.. You have better odds in las vegas. The card pet are a great let down. Useless pets are most over the out comes. You also have to play mind numbing games spend all your game gold or crowns on pet food to find out. No fun all around
Advance pets are just work for little to no gain. Good luck

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Yeah what is going on with the Defender Pig exactly? I have been trying to read through the forum but I am not really finding anything. I just bought a $20 gift card today and get home to find out there is no resist anymore? Why not just get rid of the trait and leave the normal boost the way it was. Why throw both chances of resist away. I only bought the card for the pet normally I just buy crowns directly through KI. Come on guys leave resist on for the new ones coming in we paid for them too...