Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

feelings about the bosses that "cheat"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Perhaps I am alone here, but I suspect I am not but I am a parent that is quite dismayed at how complex the levels have become with the bosses that cheat.

It's been incredibly difficult to get past any levels since this change and we don't just happen to have 4 people at the ready to get through the levels. The game has gotten so stressful for my particular family that my oldest child wants to cry that he has to give up his favorite game for it being too difficult and no longer fun.

Yes we've fought several battles and yes we've figured out how to beat some of the bosses but it's been a real pain in the rear to enjoy ourselves now that the quests require multiple people to play.

Just curious if we're way off base here or if the cheating bosses have taken a little of the fun out of the game for others. It may not affect you as strongly as it did my family but we have four players and now I think we'll be looking for another MMO to invest in.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
This are SIDE quests and not meant for all players. They are designed to be a challenge for the more skilled wizards who are sailing through the other quests.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
All quests that involve cheating bosses are optional, they are just for challenges.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
The cheating bosses are fun. They push players decks to their limits. And they push the patience and thinking level of the ones accepting the challenges. They are difficult but are fun actually. I find it kind of hilarious sometimes too.

Going twice in one turn, or earthquaking twice in one turn, or using scare crow three times in two turns. My goodness so absurd, so fun.

i was so close to celestia until that pumpkin head started spamming scarecrow every ten seconds T__T.

Gotta go again.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I think it's nice to have a challenge once in a while (sometimes it's not as fun if the game is too simple, right?) but if some players would like to move on and can't, isn't that a bad thing?

Historian
May 15, 2009
yes areas like the marelybone warehouse is a sidequest a preview of celestia

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I think he is referring to. Bosses that cast the same spell you just did, with no traps, blades, resitance etc, and the same spell that the boss used on you did more damage then the same spell you used on it.

Also Bosses using special spells like Heck hound, helephant, tempest, storm lord etc, that players have to do quest to get them. The most popular of the spells are the mutate elves, fire elves, and mutate all other regular spell creature spells

Also he is reffering to bosses, that have every single high damage spells from every school, regardless of what the boss/creatures School of focus shows, and also the Dragonspyre flavor of the month, Weakness.

Oh and the -45% accuracy you cast on a STORM boss or creature. Storm has bad accuracy already, and the -45% should easily stop the storm spell, and any others, but most of the time the boss or creature can and will get their spell off even with -accuracy, but the player never gets the spell off when the boss or creature use's the -45% accuracy on them.

also the bosses/creatures that rarely ever FIZZLE but regardless of your wizards school of focus, almost every other spell you use FIZZLES now, a lot more then normal. Well this could fall under game design, but still needs to get fixed.

Hmm what else? oh yeah, When you get in a duel, and you pick your card to use, you will not be able to use it untill the boss/creatures use their spell first on the next round, Most of the time they throw up Weakness, Dispell, or Tower sheild on their turn, so the spell you picked last round, that did not go off when you picked it untill the next round, your spell damage is lowered, or just Fizzles, but you can not change it because you picked the spell the round before.

I think this is what he means about cheating bosses/creatures. Not just those pesky side quest that are optional, but this is all over the Spiral, Storyline spells or not.

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
how do bosses cheat all that they do is fight lose die heal repeat its just a cycle for them and us etheir the bosses at the warehouse is a mess up or they are the people who were hired by the bosses to get back at us ethier way you had a choice so its all YOUR falut yep it is you didnt have to do it but now its too late