Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need help picking a secondary school

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 08, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
koolboy222 wrote:
What would be a good secondary school for death?

Death played properly doesn't need a secondary, so pick the one that fits your style if you want more spells at the lower levels.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Ice, or Storm. You might want to go with Storm, since you can already steal health.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Death doesn't really need a secondary school. Some ideas might be Ice to Tower Shield, the Spirit blade and trap and Reshuffle from Niles, Life up to Sprite or Satyr, the Ice Shield from Sabrina Greenstar.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
koolboy222 wrote:
What would be a good secondary school for death?

Ice until Tower Shield; Life to Satyr; Then get the two school traps from Niles the Tree in Krokotopia. This is all you'll need. I breezed through the game with this combo and never had any issues.

Historian
May 28, 2009
Well, i am a myth but i can maybe give you some advices.

For death, you can see in the "school of magic" path on the see the game section of the website. Look all the schools information. Chose the one that you have more interest in. If you are death, i will suggest chose myth. When you got all the myth spell, go for life. When you got Unicorn, stop. Then go for the balance tree for spirit blade and trap. If you have rest, take reshuffle. Reshuffle mean if you are run out of cards, you can't cast anymore spells. so, you can use reshuffle to re-get all your used or discarded cards. well, i can tell you how many training point you can get: Well, 4,9,13,17,21 ... well, i guess when you get ...... well, i guess you can at least 18 training points.

I don't know what to say anymore but i guess you will find your own destiny of your wizard.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Myth or life but mostly myth because they are both spirital same blend. My character has those two schools

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I have 3 death wizards right now. I choose Ice in order to get the Fire/Storm shield and the Tower Shield. Then I got the Spirit Blades and Spirit Traps from Niles the Balance Tree in Krokotopia.

Since Death already has a blade, plus has 3 different traps, I didn't feel a need to look at another school for attack cards since I can boost my damage exponentially with just my own Death cards.

Death can also heal (self and others) with Sacrifice, and every other spell you learn steals health from monsters, so I also did not feel a need to look at the Life school for extra healing.

My Death wizards currently have 7-8 training points unused and are in DS.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
I have a grand death wizard. I have storm as my second school. It is very powerful together. Also, if you like pvp, ( I do) I am able to boost my storm team mates :)
Plus your feint will work great with stormzilla and kraken ;)

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
If you choose Myth, unless you do PVP, you'll wind up hitting yourself in the head and doing what so many people have done before when they made this mistake, they buy crowns to reset their training points and choose other school options. I have seen too many wizards make this mistake to not warn you upfront first. I know this game well and have played since almost the very beginning.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009