Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2010
I am a new member with wizards and an adult. I have a subscription, but seem to be experiencing problems with the chat.

Words are still being filter, such as am, and, you. They appear as . . .

I contacted Mr. Lincoln on Sunday night, but have not heard anything regarding the problem. I have check my account to make sure that I have chat enable.

Please help

You have the 18+ Open chat Enabled on your account.

18+ Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment with other 18+ players.

This chat will be filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to provide this for our active Subscriber community only.

Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.

That being said, if the other player DOES NOT HAVE the same level of chat, they will NOT see what you're typing, they will continue to see ... for words that are not allowed at their chat level.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 23, 2010
I am communicating with another 18+ person. My chat says "Filtered Text -On".

I did purchase the yearly account with my credit card.

Administrator
Along with Filtered Text - On, you should see an option for Open Chat.
If you do not, please contact support through email at support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 23, 2010
Thank you Zeke and Prof. There isn't anything that says open chat, so I did as you suggested and contacted tech support.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I contacted tech support on the 6th and I still have not heard anything from them regarding my problem.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Log into the website and go to My Accounts. Put in your DoB and update. You should now see Open Chat as an option. Enable it.