Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problems with chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2010
I am a new subscriber and an adult. I am experiencing problems with open chat. I noticed that many of the words that I type, which are appropriate words are filter out. All that appears is (. . . ). I can't even write the words thank you.

Since I just open my account, how long does it take for the open chat to go into effect?

You have not yet opted in to the 18+ unfiltered chat, young Wizard.

18+ Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment with other 18+ players.

This chat will be filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to provide this for our active Subscriber community only.

Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.