Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wayfinder or grand gear???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
okay so recently i have gotten all of the wayfinder gear (robe, boots, and hat) and i am trying to decided if i should use that or the grand gear i already have. the wayfinder gear gives me 250 more health, but it doesnt have the big boosts on defense, attack, and fizzle rate that my grand gear has. so which gear do all of you think is better?

thank you in advance-

Cody Silverthorn, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Hero
May 19, 2009
The grand gear is a lot better, the wayfinder is pathetic in compersion. People are only wearing it becasue it is simply new.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Ten percent defense is like 200 points health when you have 2000 health points. Extra damage is also like having extra health as you get attacks off of you sooner rather than later. Same can be said for targeting percent and the like. You can go with the wayfinder gear, but those with grand gear are probably going to be walking all over you as 250 pounts more health is meaningless when to someone such as a storm player it means merely one power pip more damage to kill you.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
That depends. Do you useully get defeated in battle? If you do, go with the wayfinder gear. If you useully don't get defeated, go with the grand gear. Hope this helps. From, Melissa Greenrunner level 22 school of life P.S. Sorry if I spelled stuff wrong

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
Can you combine them into an outfit that gives you the boost you want and still looks acceptable to you?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Grand Gear is better, you can wear Wayfinder outside battles for looks if you like how it looks.

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
It depends, if you need to boost your school damage or get more health. Or you can mix and match different parts of each set depending on what you need to do.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008