Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

adult only realms

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
Let me just start by saying i am not an adult but almost a teen and I too think this is the most worst idea ever. This game was invented for KIDS! (well i guess some family too) But if you don't like all the KIDS playing on a KIDS game then to bad! KI plz don't make an adult realm plz! It is the stupidest idea ever. I think adults really shouldn't be playing anyway cause they cuss on the game, scam us kids, do bad stuff, and many more things. Anyway how could you make an adults realm cause I know a way to sneak into it if there is one.
I love your post. You made a great point.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Drifter69 wrote:
seasnake wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
Let me just start by saying i am not an adult but almost a teen and I too think this is the most worst idea ever. This game was invented for KIDS! (well i guess some family too) But if you don't like all the KIDS playing on a KIDS game then to bad! KI plz don't make an adult realm plz! It is the stupidest idea ever. I think adults really shouldn't be playing anyway cause they cuss on the game, scam us kids, do bad stuff, and many more things. Anyway how could you make an adults realm cause I know a way to sneak into it if there is one.

"I think adults really shouldn't be playing anyway cause they cuss on the game, scam us kids, do bad stuff, and many more things."

This is largely why many people are asking for adult only realms, largely to seperate such horrible adults from children, as well as to seperate adults who do not feel comfortable playing with other people's kids or influence them in any way, and it also allows those who have any sort of pedofile record to play away from realms where kids are found.

In no way is an adult only realm meant to give adults more stuff than children or to make it so children aren't allowed to play. Adult only realms are meant to protect children from adults who may otherwise prey on children, and it protects adults who never want to be accused of ever influencing other people's children.

Such realms do not prevent adults from playing wherever they want, it just allows adults to play with adults if they so choose to do so. Sure kids could sneak into it, but I think they would find the adult only realms to be a bit more boring (kind of like sitting at the adult table during Holiday Dinners).

As to not believing adults should be playing such games, lol... who do you think created and programmed the games in the first place? Not to mention that most all adults grew up playing video games and represent a very large computer gaming crowd.

Agree I am gonna respond again to bump this thread. For the safety of our children, and other children, an Adult only Realm, or Realms would be the best thing that ever happened to Wizard 101 IMO.

Sure kids think that us adults should not be playing a kids game? Bare in mind a group of 8 year olds DID NOT create Wizard 101. Adults with, That "Kid at Heart " feel, are the ones who created W101. A lot game developers are required a Bachleors Degree of some sort, There is not any 8 year olds that have a Bachleors degree in computers. So, yeah, adults, designed the game in the first place.
I get your point of veiw

Defender
May 30, 2009
Ok, honestly, if you are an adult and think this "adult only" realm is a good idea, then you have got to about as selfish as they come. I agree that it does get annoying at times when you have a child pop into your battle or continuously port to you without asking, but there are ways to avoid this most of the time. Putting all adults into one realm isn't going to solve the problem.

As far as being selfish, think of it this way. You are walking through the commons in wizard city and see a group of children harassing another player. Chatting around the filter, making derogatory remarks, just being mean all the way around. Do you report them or go about your way? What if this were YOUR child/brother/sister/niece/nephew/whatever? Do you STILL just keep going and do nothing? I would say the ones voting for a realm such as this would answer "yes" because they are too busy being wrapped up in their own selves to even notice anything going on around them.

Do you really think that a realm like this will keep the pedophiles and mean spirited adults away from the children? Of course it won't. And to the person who said they would rather not be "associated" with people like this, it is OUR responsibility to be on the look out for conversations that just aren't right. Removing yourself from a problem does not make that problem go away. It just means you either don't have the guts to face it or you think ignoring it will fix it. If these people want to get at our children they will try every means necessary to do it, plain and simple.

I have two children that play this game (both are teens) along with myself and my husband. I do not expect anyone to "babysit" either of my kids but I DO expect you to act like an adult that has some sense about you when you play. There isn't any need to be rude or hateful to anyone just for being "annoying" (as DarthNexus so politely put it). There are enough kids doing that for you. Look around outside your own little bubble and pay attention to what's being said. Reporting takes all of about a minute to do and it COULD mean the difference between a child getting snatched or not (worse case scenario here). And on top of everything else, YOU are the adult so YOU can make the decisions as to playing in a crowded realm or a perfect realm. Accepting friend invites or not accepting. Helping someone out or leaving them alone.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
matvince90 wrote:
Adult only realms would be great, and it should be limited to people with open chat enabled on their accounts.

I also think that there should be a realm that only allows menu chat. It would be great for people who are only able to use menu chat because when ever I see a menu chatter, I feel as though they are left out because no one ever wants to use menu chat to talk to them.
I agree with the menu chat idea because I have some friends with menu chat and it would probably make everything easier for them.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2008
The problem is that even perfect realms are never really quiet either. You go to a perfect realm to get away from it all, and it's there too. I absolutely report things that are wrong when I come across them, but I'm not responsible for babysitting other people's kids, and if I want to get away from it all sometimes it's not selfish to want to have a quiet peaceful place to play.

Having an adult server does not mean it would be required. It's ridiculous to theorize that people would be forced to play on this server and not allowed the option of playing on other servers with their younger friends when they were feeling more socially inclined. It would quite simply be a feature available to those who would enjoy playing in a calmer game environment with peers, and appreciate that type of game play. All of the adults would not disappear to this server never to be seen again Plenty of them would continue to play with their kids and grandkids and nieces and nephews and friends of all ages on the regular realms.

It also has nothing do do with either encouraging nor discouraging pedophilia, the way these guys operate won't change over a game server that some people go to play on sometimes.

Let's keep it in perspective and not go off on unrealistic tangents. It would be great for those community members who enjoy it, and change nothing anywhere else. If a few people go play on a different server nobody's going to know the difference. So why not let those who would enjoy it, enjoy it. That's the only issue here.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
a adult realm would be nice cause you could do a NO FILTER there lol, and say numbers and stuff :P

also you know no one is going to beg for stuff form you, cause i dont think the beggers are the older players lol, i think it would be a much more chill realm for the older players if it was a option :P

BUT if the adult got a membership SIMPLY to play with the younger sibling or child, then how would they play together if they are in other realms? lol i didnt find tis game on my own i can tell you that lol my younger brother showed it to me now i play on my owna bit occasionaly when i get off work.

i think the adjusting filters to adult for some (being able to say anything) and being able to report beggers is just a thing that has to be a option so that way all the "parents" who care about the "safety" of all the kids so much can look after them a bit their selves! Like adjusting the kids filter to let them see what the parent thinks is ok, and also adjusting their personal setting to adult so they can say anything at all. Then be able to report who is begging or being stupid... but we can already sort of report rude people or people begging for stuff from adults who have money haha! You parents out there who really care about that safety stuff i think just need to be on top of reporting and keeping track of there kids on the game more, KI cant do too much with out making it a super kiddy game and then seperating a adult realm for older players... then that makes no sense though cause then i couldnt play with my younger brother anymore...

so idk adult realm is a kind a cool idea, but i just dont see it happening, no real need to have it except for really old nerds who play games alone with other adults to have a wierd adult gamer realm lol ... btw dont get me wrong i think i am a nerd for playing with my younger brother in the normal realm and my wife even teases me LOL, so no offense, but i am just saying you got to be on a other kind of "level" lol to want to have a adult only world of little magic wizards :P

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Guys, you do realize that all of the weirdos that we should worry about are just going to lie about their age :P.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
asutton75 wrote:
Ok, honestly, if you are an adult and think this "adult only" realm is a good idea, then you have got to about as selfish as they come. I agree that it does get annoying at times when you have a child pop into your battle or continuously port to you without asking, but there are ways to avoid this most of the time. Putting all adults into one realm isn't going to solve the problem.

As far as being selfish, think of it this way. You are walking through the commons in wizard city and see a group of children harassing another player. Chatting around the filter, making derogatory remarks, just being mean all the way around. Do you report them or go about your way? What if this were YOUR child/brother/sister/niece/nephew/whatever? Do you STILL just keep going and do nothing? I would say the ones voting for a realm such as this would answer "yes" because they are too busy being wrapped up in their own selves to even notice anything going on around them.

Do you really think that a realm like this will keep the pedophiles and mean spirited adults away from the children? Of course it won't. And to the person who said they would rather not be "associated" with people like this, it is OUR responsibility to be on the look out for conversations that just aren't right. Removing yourself from a problem does not make that problem go away. It just means you either don't have the guts to face it or you think ignoring it will fix it. If these people want to get at our children they will try every means necessary to do it, plain and simple.

I have two children that play this game (both are teens) along with myself and my husband. I do not expect anyone to "babysit" either of my kids but I DO expect you to act like an adult that has some sense about you when you play. There isn't any need to be rude or hateful to anyone just for being "annoying" (as DarthNexus so politely put it). There are enough kids doing that for you. Look around outside your own little bubble and pay attention to what's being said. Reporting takes all of about a minute to do and it COULD mean the difference between a child getting snatched or not (worse case scenario here). And on top of everything else, YOU are the adult so YOU can make the decisions as to playing in a crowded realm or a perfect realm. Accepting friend invites or not accepting. Helping someone out or leaving them alone.

I do not get how wanting an adult realm is being selfish at all. Reporting is fine, but this act will probly not be seen in an adult only realm. I doubt adults would go out of their way to work around the Filters to harass, annoy, or being just plain mean to another wizard. If they do, then they are the ones that have some major issues.

W101 can incorporate Family realms too, aswell as adult only, and kid only Realms.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Hello, I'm not an adult I'm a tween (Young teen) but I think an adult-only realm could be a good idea. I hope you are not considering an "adult-only" real just to have the ability to swear, because there is a very good chance if you're a parent your child could be watching. I do understand your reasoning, though. But I just can't see KI making an adult-only realm as that would tempt kids to lie about their age to enter this special adult-only real. As for the person who said "Kids are annoying" I'm sure you did not think kids could be reading this post, regardless it was an inconsiderate and rude thing to say.
Molly
Sorcerer
See ya in the Spiral!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
i agree with the idea of these realms but it should be atleast a 13+ realm so it would be a teens only realm were you could lessen the chat filter restrictions. i mean atleast let us say numbers!

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
You can get a more open chat IF you are 18+, have a subscription and a credit card on file. I just took advantage of the special on a years subscription to get open chat. Open chat still is filtered just not a s strong. Cussing is not allowed.

I don't know that an adult realm would solve many problems. People are people, good and bad regardless of age. I have a whole bunch of friends of all ages. I have my friend and trade requests turned off. I also turn off porting if I don't want to be disturbed. I have my house set for friends only. Rude people exist everywhere. I just ignore them and switch realms.

Explorer
May 23, 2009

Hey man, I am a kid, and have some really good wizad101 adult friends

Hunter SpiritGem
42 Ice

hagalena wrote:
as an adult player i would dearly love to see an adult only realm or two. simply because you have so many children playing....and all the realms belong to them . although i have no ideas how ki would go about accomplishing this i for one would play in it as a wow lover....this is just an idea of course so if any adults would like to comment on this i welcome your comments am i the only adult who wants their own realm

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
ic0517 wrote:
On the other hand, how about a 'friends-only' realm and a 'solo' realm - For the 'friends-only' realm, you can only join a battle if you are a friend of one of the people already in the battle. For the solo realm, that is it, every battle is solo, no friend requests, you are invisible, etc. For the anti-social among us, or the ones who just want to finish something.

I *LOVE* this idea!

Sometimes I want to hang out with friends, and I don't care what age they are. Sometimes I turn into "Auntie Social" and just want to play alone.

I don't think rudeness is the exclusive domain of any specific age group, but can depend on many factors. To paraphrase, "Let each be judged by the content of their character and not by their age".

An "Adults Only Realm" wouldn't stop rudeness problems nor cussing problems, but a "Friends Only" and a "Solo Only" would go a long way toward giving folks what they want without discriminating based on age. If you have a problem with folks jumping into battle with you, you simply go to the "Solo Only" area and you've solved the problem.

This would give all players the CHOICE on how to play. You can't chose your age, but you CAN chose whether you want to be with friends or go on your own. :)

Rowan Thundersong
Level 49 Sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:
I would prefer an adult only realm, most children who play are annoying.

Then don play the game!go play WoW or something where there less kids
you know there is something called the IGNORE button. Use it! And this is a game for kids to have fun don push it

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
ELLIOTT721 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:

Then don play the game!go play WoW or something where there less kids
you know there is something called the IGNORE button. Use it! And this is a game for kids to have fun don push it

You are wrong on several points. First he has the right to play the game just as much as you,and requesting an "Adult Only" realm does not hinder you in anyway,so why even respond to it? Secondly there is a limit to the "ignore button",so it won't solve the problems that several have eluded to.And lastly, this is not "a game for kids to have fun", it is a family game,and probably caters to more older people than kids. I do disagree with his point that "most children who play are annoying",but that is his opinion,and he is certainly entitled to express it. Also ,by the way you responded,you actually added validity to his comments.Think about it.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
i think an adult only realm is a bad idea i got in to the game because of my young children and i spend most of my time on the game helping them out so they can get to the higher lvls and if you split it to adult and kids realms then i couldnt be on the game with them helping them

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
gnarley1234 wrote:
i think an adult only realm is a bad idea i got in to the game because of my young children and i spend most of my time on the game helping them out so they can get to the higher lvls and if you split it to adult and kids realms then i couldnt be on the game with them helping them

It was suggested as a purely optional realm. It is not meant to be mandatory.If you don't like the idea of one,you wouldn't have to participate. What's wrong with those who want to be in an "Adults Only" realm having the option to do so if they choose?

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
DarthNexus wrote:

Darth Nexus, aka The person who thinks they know it all about us kids(some thing a lot of people are like you),
That was naive of you :O.Posting a comment like that.You think a kid about age 8-11(like me) is so dumb that they think its just the game and the site is for creating accounts and subscription.Well no, a lot of kids know about the message boards. And they probably read your comment.
And i have a lot of adult friends.(some of them are even my best friends on w101.)An adult realm would really stink.
And those cyber whatevers would put in a false age.(no duh)
And you call us annoying. Thats hypocritical. Because you grown-ups(not really a suitable word for some one your age like you, because your immature and naive posting a comment like that.) Swear,Call us stupid right in front of our faces and scam us. And yes you do just for the fun of it. Don't post a comment saying:"No, i have a job i got my own money. I wouldn't do such a thing its only teens and kids who scam because they go to ask their parents for crowns." Nope, you do. You give a bad influence to kids under 13 with text chat.
Oran moonsword
Lvl 35
Diviner
P.S. that comment hurt my feelings.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Some kids will change their age to go to the adult realm. If the adult realm was real. So the adult realm will be useless.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
ELLIOTT721 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:

Darth Nexus, aka The person who thinks they know it all about us kids(some thing a lot of people are like you),
That was naive of you :O.Posting a comment like that.You think a kid about age 8-11(like me) is so dumb that they think its just the game and the site is for creating accounts and subscription.Well no, a lot of kids know about the message boards. And they probably read your comment.
And i have a lot of adult friends.(some of them are even my best friends on w101.)An adult realm would really stink.
And you call us annoying. Thats hypocritical. Because you grown-ups(not really a suitable word for some one your age like you, because your immature and naive posting a comment like that.) Swear,Call us stupid right in front of our faces and scam us. And yes you do just for the fun of it. Don't post a comment saying:"No, i have a job i got my own money. I wouldn't do such a thing its only teens and kids who scam because they go to ask their parents for crowns." Nope, you do. You give a bad influence to kids under 13 with text chat.
Oran moonsword
Lvl 35
Diviner

I seriously doubt an adult would scam kids. It is probly the kids scamming kids. Do kids have proof that they where scammed by an adult? So all the lovely Children out their, do not think us adults scam kids. We adults have better things to do in game then go around scamming kids, Seriously. Why would an adult scam mounts treasure cards, etc. We have paying full time jobs we adults have no reason to scam kids.

Which is more of a reason why we should have an adult only realm. So I understand your feelings got hurt, but if you kids, say we are as bad as other post claim we are in here. Wouldn't you like your own realm to yourselves in the first place?

Please stop pointing fingers that adults are the ones doing all the scamming to kids, because I guarantee it is other kids that are scamming you. Adults do not need to scam kids to get what they want, we will just pay for it.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
ELLIOTT721 wrote:
DarthNexus wrote:

Oran moonsword
Lvl 35
Diviner

If you are truly between the ages of 8-11 like you say,then your grammar is exceptional.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
drthrax101 wrote:
Hello i am a "teen" player and i thing that an adult only realm would be totaly useless. After all this is a "kids" game AND any player under 13 cant talk so why do you need your own realm? What is wrong with younger people playing the game with you?

Zachary Soulwraith lvl 50 necromancer

Ok what I have recently noticed is the younger ones I have met they always say this is a kids game, but what I comment back to them is of course, this is a family game but here is the thing, the younger ones that are making fun of adults cause we play on this game they all have open chat, which mean they lie make themselves over 18 to get open chat I have met several kids that have open chat and they curse me out so much or my friends its so disrepectful and make fun of us adults for playing on this game i do tell them . well you lied about you age to become and "adult" to have open chat ...

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:

ok first of all more kids that i have seen curse way more then all the adults i know and meet everyday its not a stupid idea if you dont like it thats your oppion, this person was saying just for adults to hang out where no kids are around there is no need to get upset over someones oppion you have your friends nothing wrong with a place for just adults to hang out