Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

weakness

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Why does EVERY mob later in the game cast WEAKNESS constantly? It gets really aggravating and makes the fights take much longer. I can see BALANCE mobs casting it, but seriously, does EVERY mob train balance as a secondary? Moreover, they cast heckhound (a fire only spell) and vampire.

At least be consistent

Weakness was definitely over-used in the game and is particularly prevalent in Dragonspyre. Don’t expect to see it used nearly as much in Celestia as we don’t like the degree to which it slows down combat.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
In DS, storm has largely learned to use an extra attack blade to overcome the effects of weakness. It seemed that storms only hope was to always be allowed to do enough damage to over come the constant negatives placed upon it. Storm does not view this as unfair, as they understand that fire should be able to compete in damage against it and beat out storm in damage over time but never beat it on base damage attacks. Storm becomes upset when balance can get off their undefendable judgement attack that does more damage than storm can in a single hit as storm should always have the highest initial hit damage attacks in the game. Balance can use cards of any school fairly well, it has damage reduction on many of its attacks, it has casting percent decrease it can use to avoid attacks from being made, and so on. I also think storm has always been in favor of ice school being improved a bit in terms of its ability to deal out damage, ice opponents are very difficult for storm to fight against in game play though as storm stuggles against its shieldings (ice likes to stack storm shields with tower shields, lol).

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
ya, and what about storm sharks? that is a pretty powerful spell, and almost EVERY boss has it, ice sharks, or fire sharks. I mean doing 400+ damage when fighting an ice boss? Really?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Thanks Prospector Zeke, the weakness was getting to be a bit much, literally every battle these days has at least one weakness, unlike before when some balance battles cased them. This will make soloing much more do able, and not such a tedious task.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Weakness was definitely over-used in the game and is particularly prevalent in Dragonspyre. Don’t expect to see it used nearly as much in Celestia as we don’t like the degree to which it slows down combat.

I would love to see it toned down in all parts of the spiral except for use by Balance schools monsters. It makes sense that Balance mobs and bosses would use Weakness, Black Mantle etc as its their schools spells but I encounter more weakness used byt schools that are not balance than I do when I face balance.

I much more enjoy the combats in Celestia, its nice seeing Mobs and Bosses using spells mostly from their own school. Its nice seeing them use the high pip spells and blading trapping better. It would be nice it more parts of the spiral took a "Use ones own school" approach to combat.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

If this was a known issue, and seems like you acknowledge this, then why hasnt it been changed in DS?

From what I read, DS was already changed for several reasons, there wouldnt be a reason not to take weakness from normal enemies (or however it is done in Celestia)