Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new pvp arena option....

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The one thing I hate most about the pvp arena is that it does not accurately represent play in the game. The largest point of notice is that in game play bosses have twice as much or more health than players do, but in arena play everyone's health is way lower than in game play verses what we the health levels we are up against.

I would therefore like to see arenas that cuts everyone's damage in half. Healing would be left as is. As not everyone may agree with this request, I favor that players be able to select which arena type they desire to enter into. Standard vs. reduced damage. Once again, the reason for this is that I believe reduced damage more accurately represents what we see in actual game play.

Hero
May 19, 2009
But thats just it, PVP isnt PVE. Its a different aspect of the game and should be treated as so.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
When a balance boss does a 14-pip judgment with balanceblade and curse, then we'll talk.

I'm assuming from your statement that you're rather new to the game?

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Plus, when I use a wraith attack that would heal me 2000 health against a boss, it would only allow me to heal 1000, so if this evevr happens i predict that a very marginal number of death students will actually particapate, as well as ice students.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Even so, I found that playing pvp at mid level tables was way more exciting and fun than playing at high level tables due to the lower damage being dealt in terms of player health. I would much rather prefer playing at a table where damage was halved or health was doubled.

Please keep in note that the purpose of this thread is to improve pvp play, to make it more fun and even more balanced between all schools. Those schools that are struggling should be improved in a way that fits in with their particular schools. As such, instead of attacking this idea, I'd rather like it if solutions were given as to how to make it doable and more like game play. The more like game play it becomes the easier it should also be to pinpoint and improve the schools in the area where they have obvious disadvantages. Problem of death not recieving enough life drain in an arena that halves damage or doubles health is simply to double the arena health drain given to death.

----------------

On a side note, I still favor giving players an arena equipment page, where upon entering a pvp arena the character automatically equips the equipment page items for use in the arena, then after the arena battle is over the character automatically is in its regular gear with its regular deck.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
yellow867 wrote:
Plus, when I use a wraith attack that would heal me 2000 health against a boss, it would only allow me to heal 1000, so if this evevr happens i predict that a very marginal number of death students will actually particapate, as well as ice students.

Good point, it could however be programmed that in arena play instead of death recieving half damage back as heals that death be instead given full damage. This should not be hard to do. I don't get the ice student complaint though as ice would have twice as much life in the arena as they do now, and if your statement means that ice does not have enough damage in the game to make them competative then it seems to me that ice's damage in the game needs boosted a bit.

If pvp is made to resemble more what the rest of the game is like then schools can be adjusted a bit to make game play more fair. As I written before, I think with ice school that ice should be given a free spell card that allows them to cast tower shield upon their entire team at a cost of 2 pips. This would make players want to play more with ice.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I think that doubling health would be a very good idea. It would give the result that you are getting at, plus keeping the damage at the same, removing the issue i was talking about from the arena. I really dont see an issue with this at the moment, but if we doubled health i think that it would make a great addition. Or, if you really want to make an advanced update, make it so that one character has double health but half power? This could be a good addition as well, simulating a boss fight more. I think that could be something, but at least the normal and double health tiers.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
my last game that I played in the arena was a very untipically long pvp match and everyone quite enjoyed it a lot more than the tyipcially quick matches... I'd really love longer matches to be possible due to reduced damage arenas or increased health arenas (as already pointed out, if reduced damage then death attacks should heal for twice as much as they do now)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
I personally think it is fine the way it is. Bosses have way more health than us simply because the fact that they are bosses. Its the whole point in having them in game. If they didnt have so much health they would just simply be the mobs running around the streets. As stated before, pvp is a whole other aspect of the game. If you wanted it more like gameplay, would you want it so a storm can do more damage on myth, or death more on life, ect. The reason we have less health in arena is because we sacrifice health for resist damage. I have played games where they reduce the damage in pvp by half simply because the fact that a sorcerer could easily hit 10k damage on a regular mob.

If you dont want to have low health, just use either your class gear, or even better crown gear, because it usually has a bit of health and resist.

As for long pvp matches, its been awhile (since a lot of the big names in pvp left), but i have had two teams in all arena gear battle it out for several hours before there was a victor. Why? They were two amazing teams who didnt rely on chain stuns or chain dispels to win. Right now its kinda hard to imagine such a pvp utopia. It did exist though xP

...................*´¨)............................................................(¨´*
..................¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨).....(¨*•.¸.. (¨´*•.¸´•.¸
................(¸.•´..........(¸. RiskYourLife •.¸)..........´•.¸)