Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is fair, but...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2009
Look, balance school is 100% fair in the arena. Except, for their shields. 50% shields for no pips is a HUGE advantage for any school, let alone balance, who does damage by GAINING pips. I know that this is just complaining about balance again, but please consider this. Maybe these new spells should be 2 pips, or even 1, just so that it isnt shield, shield, boost, shield, boost, boost, kill. It would go more like this: shield, pass, boost, boost, shield, pass, boost, shield, pass, kill. This is just so that we have a chance, instead of needing to do without the shields 5000 damage plus. Thanks for reading, and please give me your thoughts.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2010
Explorer
May 22, 2009
funnyisaac1234 wrote:
I think it should just add more percent for a power pip :D

Um, is that even on topic?

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Oh I see...so balance spirit/elemental shields which have 150% combined protection should cost pips, while every other school's double shields which have 140% combined protection should be free. Yeah, that almost seems fair.

If you have a problem with shields, use a DoT.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
well i am a fire student and i think that balance is kinda unfair in the arena. they should make the shields cost 1 pip, and also ban x spells from arena. Heckhound is not help to me in battle but judgement will kill me in one shot all while they are using 0 pips shields so they are practically impossoble to hit unless you have earthquake. :( :( :(

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
i'm just happy people arent complaining about how storm is to strong and how bolt shouldnt be able to use.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2009
Okay, just so everyone is on the same page EVERY school has a 0 pip shield, and protects form two schools. And if a player is smart with their training points they can over come ANY obstacle, including lady judgment. In addition every school learns, and has access to several blades and traps. Including Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap, Feint, and school specific blades and traps. I suggest learning them, and using them.
Life to Satyr
Death to Feint
Ice to Tower
Balance to Weakness
Elemental/Spirit Blade
Elemental/Spirit Trap
Reshuffle
Affliction

Learn it, love it, live it...

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'd simply be happy if the cleanse charm gave four charms of protection against adverse affects, then none of this other stuff would matter.

I should also note as storm I tend to use shields that cost me a pip to place. Balance crying about the idea that their double shields should cost a pip to place sounds a bit lame to me. I am also in favor of balance dispell cards being added to the game. I see dispells for storm, fire, and ice, so why not balance (if balance dispells exist in the game already, please let me know)?

When balance is given damage per pip attacks, then some defense has to be given against such an attack. Half off tower shields aren't going to prevent player death as the massive damage given is simply too high to survive against even when it is halved.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
possumman14 wrote:
Oh I see...so balance spirit/elemental shields which have 150% combined protection should cost pips, while every other school's double shields which have 140% combined protection should be free. Yeah, that almost seems fair.

Look, you dont really understand, you're manipulating the percentages to work in you favor. See, when i cast a shield for say, life and myth, i get 70% protection from one of those types. When a balance casts their shields, they get 50% resistance to 3 types. But the difference is simply that when i cast shields i am shielding, and only shielding, while when BALANCE casts shields, they are also powering up judgement. The point of my rant was that balance shields should cast a pip, and i would be fine with every multi shield spell to cast a pip. I'm all for that update. Making all 2+ shield spells cast a pip would be a great idea. But back to the combined resistance, that is just weird. NO point of comaparing like that. When you shield, you're mainly shielding against one school. So when balanace keeps shielding and shielding, then powering when they still have a shield up, they can kill before you are powerful enough to do 5000 damage. See the point?

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
tomschase wrote:
well i am a fire student and i think that balance is kinda unfair in the arena. they should make the shields cost 1 pip, and also ban x spells from arena. Heckhound is not help to me in battle but judgement will kill me in one shot all while they are using 0 pips shields so they are practically impossoble to hit unless you have earthquake. :( :( :(

Banning X spells would completely ruin all life wizards as our highest heal dryad is X spell. We need this spell to help our team and for balance judgement is one of their best spells.

My advice practice a lot and learn their strategy then use it against them. (Tower or weakness, use fire's steal charm and take the balance blades for yourself, if any of you are ice take the shields from them etc...) My point is that there is a lot you can do to take down balance try some stuff and see what works.

Best to you,
Oran Raventhorn (Life Wizard)

Good luck in pvp ;)

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Shadow2211 wrote:
tomschase wrote:

Banning X spells would completely ruin all life wizards as our highest heal dryad is X spell. We need this spell to help our team and for balance judgement is one of their best spells.

My advice practice a lot and learn their strategy then use it against them. (Tower or weakness, use fire's steal charm and take the balance blades for yourself, if any of you are ice take the shields from them etc...) My point is that there is a lot you can do to take down balance try some stuff and see what works.

Best to you,

Good luck in pvp ;)

No, ya i get i need to fix my strategy blah blah blah, but listen, if you were to keep weaknessing and towerr shielding, THATS THE ONLY WAY TO DEFEND AGAINST BALANCE. Every school BUT balance has a regular shield against it, 2 combo shields against it, weakness, tower shield, and a 2 shield against it. the problem is, balance only can be stopped with tower shield and weakness. Plus, while they're off shielding and shielding so you can barely hurt them, its not like you can just DoT their shields away, because they can keep shield and shielding until boom they have judgement coming at you follow by "gg". It really doesnt make sense. Those shields should cost at least a pip. If you actually thought about all of this before you said i'm being unfair, you would realise this makes sense. All my balance friends agree.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
yellow867 wrote:
Shadow2211 wrote:
tomschase wrote:

Best to you,

Good luck in pvp ;)

No, ya i get i need to fix my strategy blah blah blah, but listen, if you were to keep weaknessing and towerr shielding, THATS THE ONLY WAY TO DEFEND AGAINST BALANCE. Every school BUT balance has a regular shield against it, 2 combo shields against it, weakness, tower shield, and a 2 shield against it. the problem is, balance only can be stopped with tower shield and weakness. Plus, while they're off shielding and shielding so you can barely hurt them, its not like you can just DoT their shields away, because they can keep shield and shielding until boom they have judgement coming at you follow by "gg". It really doesnt make sense. Those shields should cost at least a pip. If you actually thought about all of this before you said i'm being unfair, you would realise this makes sense. All my balance friends agree.

spiritarmor and earthquake are also good against balance, particularly the quake. plus their shields are not stackable, each spell only sets off one, so you only get 50% resist per attack.

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
yellow867 wrote:
possumman14 wrote:

Look, you dont really understand, you're manipulating the percentages to work in you favor. See, when i cast a shield for say, life and myth, i get 70% protection from one of those types. When a balance casts their shields, they get 50% resistance to 3 types. But the difference is simply that when i cast shields i am shielding, and only shielding, while when BALANCE casts shields, they are also powering up judgement. The point of my rant was that balance shields should cast a pip, and i would be fine with every multi shield spell to cast a pip. I'm all for that update. Making all 2+ shield spells cast a pip would be a great idea. But back to the combined resistance, that is just weird. NO point of comaparing like that. When you shield, you're mainly shielding against one school. So when balanace keeps shielding and shielding, then powering when they still have a shield up, they can kill before you are powerful enough to do 5000 damage. See the point?

I know this post is somewhat old, but whatever.

If Balance shields, it is getting pips.
If any other school shields, it is getting pips also.

Why dont we make fires shield cost pips? theres heckhound! what about storm hound? what about dryad? I honestly think people need to lay off balance. Other schools have X spells also, some that heal 100%+ of how much damage per pip judgement does, and some 20% more damage than judge.