Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's examine Stuns

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2009
First off, the idea of a stun in a turn based game is so completely overpowering it boggles the mind as to why KI put it in to begin with. Nevertheless, it's there. This begs the question as to WHY only certain schools get it. In regards to PvP....

ICE- Huge life, Ice Armor, Tower Shield, Steal Shields and a DoT. It doesn't need a stun because people already have enough of a challenge just to get through its defenses.

MYTH- Minion, Shield Rip AOE, Double Tap Attack, Shield Pierce. Once again doesn't need the stun mechanic because people are busy just trying to double layer their defenses just to survive in order to launch a counter offensive.

FIRE- DoT, Spell Power, Life/Damage Exchange. Only the cruelest of developers would give this school a Stun just to watch victims wriggle helplessly under the effect of multiple DoTs.

STORM- Spell Power, Bolt, Steal Charm. Why bother stunning when you can 2 pip Bolt a match or just 6 Pip Triton a match.

The above Schools ALL HAVE STUN and completely DO NOT need it. It is a broken mechanic and no amount of Stun Shields will EVER make it work. If you were to give a school Stun then perhaps the Life school would have been a good choice considering it has the lowest damage potential, mediocre health and could use the extra round to cast some of the healing spells that make up nearly half its arsenal.

Bite the bullet KI and REMOVE Stun from the game. C'mon, you've weathered this kind of move before with the Crown Gear. People will be upset and some will leave, but I would argue that those are the folks abusing it now.

This game has so many levels of strategy...pip %, turn based, accuracy, spell power, life totals...But PvP has become nothing but a Stun fest. Your four Stun Shield workaround is a feeble attempt at best and really does nothing but limit the use of Storm/Ice 48th level spell which is underserved punishment for a mechanic that YOU created.

Remove Stun. Replace those spells or effects with something else.

I'm 40 years old, a 50th Level Storm and I have been playing for nearly three years. Believe me...act now and save this game.

Hero
May 19, 2009
I agree, just completly remove every stun spell from not only pvp but pve.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This thread should probably be moved to PvP (it's in Halston's Laboratory as I reply to this), since it's an often-ranted-on PvP issue.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I can't remember the last time a foe in PvE used it on one of my characters....this is not an issue for any but those who PvP. I personally think that this is fine as it benefits those who play the game rather than PvP.

Defender
May 09, 2009
ok woah woah woah woah. examine the situation what is your school i'm guessing life because you decided it would best go their.

now i dont have a fire, ice or myth wizard so i wont talk about those schools.

i have a level 50 storm guy and the ONLY stun spell is its lvl 48 one now this takes 7 pips and its really only for a attack and the stun is just a bonus because its the lvl 48 spell which is just before you turn a grandmaster.

why are you so huffed up about stunes they used to be able to chain stun which sucked (even though i never experianced it) so they made the stun spells put a stun sheild. well that still didnt help all they needed was another stuner. so now the stun spells put 5 shields which means you need all 4 spaces taken up by stuners. which even if after the first one goes and all four use the spell their is still 2 stune shields left. which means if they all stun the next round their will be 4 shields which means you got a round to attack in. so you get to attack every 3 rounds. so instead of a stun shield which anoyes you so much their should be a stun absorbe which absorbs 12 stunes which is 3 rounds to which you can attack.

suggest a idea for as a solution instead of a complaint.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
ok woah woah woah woah. examine the situation what is your school i'm guessing life because you decided it would best go their.

I clearly state at the bottom of my post I am a 50 Storm.

i have a level 50 storm guy and the ONLY stun spell is its lvl 48 one now this takes 7 pips and its really only for a attack and the stun is just a bonus because its the lvl 48 spell which is just before you turn a grandmaster.

Wrong. The Stun is not "just a bonus" It is a defining effect of this spell since it surely isn't the damage it does. Tempest can do just as much AOE damage for 7 pips.

why are you so huffed up about stunes they used to be able to chain stun which sucked (even though i never experianced it) so they made the stun spells put a stun sheild. well that still didnt help all they needed was another stuner. so now the stun spells put 5 shields which means you need all 4 spaces taken up by stuners. which even if after the first one goes and all four use the spell their is still 2 stune shields left. which means if they all stun the next round their will be 4 shields which means you got a round to attack in. so you get to attack every 3 rounds. so instead of a stun shield which anoyes you so much their should be a stun absorbe which absorbs 12 stunes which is 3 rounds to which you can attack.

Precisely my point. The 4 stun shield work around doesn't work. Not everyone does group PvP either. Your entire statement is all about 4 man PvP. The 4 stun shield work around has completely negated the use of any spell with a Stun mechanic in 1V1, 2V2, and 3V3 yet it doesn't address the issue where Stun Chaining actually occurs...4V4.

Also, you said yourself you've never been chain stunned before, so how do you even know what you are talking about?

suggest a idea for as a solution instead of a complaint.

I did. Remove Stuns is my solution. I suggest you not only read a post but actually try to comprehend it before replying.