Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP is just HORRIBLE!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 30, 2009
I hate when others complain, but i feel like there should be a change to PvP, or at least something better.

First off, chain stunners still exist! Earthquake is the best spell to get rid of stun blocks, and this is highly unfair! i don't care if it costs many pips, myth people can easily get around stun blocks. So they should at least stop earthquake from taking stun blocks.

Also, people are SO RUDE on pvp, when the match starts, they say "gg" and kill me, and i'm storm, shouldn't i be able to kill? I practically always lose, but the worst part of that is that after matches, people taunt me. i know you can block enemy chat, but this doesnt make a difference after the battle. I doubt there is any way to fix this, nor would i want it fixed, however, i wanted everyone to be fully aware.

I always go second in a match, causing me to lose. it is so unfair, i don't mind going second once in a while, but if its ONCE every 15 games, that's not fair. Is there a way to get around that?

While there are many problems with PvP, i feel like its an accomplishment after becoming grandmaster, and i would love for it to be much easier than it is now. i want to become warlord and get arena tickets and such, however, it has become very difficult.

Please, someone give me advice :(

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
MSS11 wrote:
I hate when others complain, but i feel like there should be a change to PvP, or at least something better.

First off, chain stunners still exist! Earthquake is the best spell to get rid of stun blocks, and this is highly unfair! i don't care if it costs many pips, myth people can easily get around stun blocks. So they should at least stop earthquake from taking stun blocks.

Also, people are SO RUDE on pvp, when the match starts, they say "gg" and kill me, and i'm storm, shouldn't i be able to kill? I practically always lose, but the worst part of that is that after matches, people taunt me. i know you can block enemy chat, but this doesnt make a difference after the battle. I doubt there is any way to fix this, nor would i want it fixed, however, i wanted everyone to be fully aware.

I always go second in a match, causing me to lose. it is so unfair, i don't mind going second once in a while, but if its ONCE every 15 games, that's not fair. Is there a way to get around that?

While there are many problems with PvP, i feel like its an accomplishment after becoming grandmaster, and i would love for it to be much easier than it is now. i want to become warlord and get arena tickets and such, however, it has become very difficult.

Please, someone give me advice :(

you can do more practice pvp battles that's how i got better. also since your storm, you should get some shields they help a lot. I'm fire so i also have trouble with low defense. and going second dose not mean you are going to loose, I've won a lot of battles going second in pvp. what's really important in pvp is strategy. even if you have high attack if you don't have strategy you might not win. by the way, gg (good game) is supposed to mean something good. and being storm doesn't mean you're the only one that is supposed to kill, any other school can kill to sorry.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
You hate complainers so you must absolutely despise yourself, all that was is constant whining. You seem to have a problem with every aspect of every spell. Dont play then, simple as that

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Pvp needs to be extremely reworked, as it is even I don't want to play it much as it is very unbalanced and unfair (going first is a major advantage, chain stunning is totally unfair, friends sitting with friends being paired against non-friends who can't even sit at the tables they want to sit at, and so on) and I generally love pvp.

Historian
May 15, 2009
i don't even want to read that endless wall of text you put down. and yet i was compelled to

you don't have to pvp its not required

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Thechaosmagician wrote:
i don't even want to read that endless wall of text you put down. and yet i was compelled to

you don't have to pvp its not required

we don't have to continue to play either.... if pvp is veiwed as part of an end game type thing, then the choice is pvp, restart, or quit

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
This was not WHINING it was sharing my thoughts with you. I really want PvP worked with, it is simply unfair and shouldn't be avoided due to its troubles at the time. I feel that its my goal to at least have one warlord, and honestly, as a grandmaster, you really have nothing better to do (which is why i cant wait for Celestia, among other reasons). I feel like PvP could be a fun way to show off your spells to everyone else, but lately it seems like something we are all afraid of... there are just so many errors with it. I am not trying to rant, i am sharing my ideas.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Xoine is right if you don't have a good stradegy like having sheilds is a good defense since i"m fire and death so ihave bad defence and good attack abd another stratigic thing is balanceblad fireblade deathblade any blade spell for more damage and spells like fire trap and death trap but anyway Xoine is right about stradegy since i just started pvp 1 win 2 losses that way it's fun winning but youlose too :-D

Survivor
May 16, 2010
I have the same problem as you. I am a grandmaster necromancer and I am still a private. I agree with you pvp needs to be reworked. Since I am death the only powerfull spell we have is wraith because scarecrow only does 400 damage but by the time i save up enough pips to use the wraith my opponent kills me. :(

-lucas shadowheart
lvl 50 grandmaster necromancer

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
The pvp system isn't bad. It really is just cheap players. When you enter the match is begins to look for people your level and rank. The longer you wait the broader the search gets and the more likely you will get a higher level/rank. What you can do to avoid this is if your looking for a match too long, take yourself out of the search and reenter. This will start the search proccess all over. (Will also probably take a lot longer to get a match)

The point system is also fair, the higher the rank the more you lose. The highest i have eer lost was like 25 points, but that was because several of my team memebers had over 1k rank.

We cannot control the people who play this game. There are always people who are too bad at pvp and search for easy ways out, such as chain stunning. As for the rude people you cannot stop that, most of them are probably 10 year olds who figured out how to get open chat and are just immature. If you or your team sees anyone who uses offensive language towards anyone, have your whole team report them. The more reports, the more likely KI will take action against them, because there it must have been a valid report if several people report for it. (Don't abuse the report button. Every ... isn't a cuss word, it could be a typo. If it's in all caps, or you can tell by the sentence, report them.)

The best thing to do is to never give up eve if its against a chain stunning team. As a person who has beat several chain stunning teams going second, it feels good knowing "cheaters never win." :D