Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you fight a 50 Myth?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2009
With all the screaming about bolters and judgment, it seems this has fallen through the cracks.

Seriously, I'm asking. How do you duel a Master Myth? Shields are useless. Minotaur or the 48th level Dog will rip them all and then smack you a second time. No...two tower shields won't work...the first attack will take them ALL.

So I guess that leaves Weakness or maybe a Dispell? Regardless, the Dog can hit you for well over 2k with a blade or two.

So by Fifth round of a duel, Myth throws the Dog, rips all your shields, ignores all your weaknesses on the first attack, then follows up with a 2k+ hit. Next round power pip...rinse and repeat. You die.

I asked a Myth Master how I was supposed to beat that and he said..."You have to kill me first with Bolt. Bolt is your friend." (I'm Master Storm).

Not to mention there's that pesky Stun spell they have too...;)
Any comments on this?

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
That is myths advantage. The way to beat them is to kill them quick.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
LOL...wow...kill them quick?! as opposed to slowly I guess?

You want to kill EVERYONE as quickly as possible.

Really...what kind of answer is that.

Myth is way OP in a Duel and noone seems to care. All everyone complains about is Judgment or Bolts...""BOGGLE""

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
Here is how do defeat a myth wizard with each school buddy:

FIRE

Now with fire, it can be pretty easy actually. Start the battle with a shield because the odds are their secondary school is storm/death or life. Use wildfire. The odds are that the myth person will get a minion out or use a blade/trap/shield. At this point the odds are that the myth wizard has 7 pips. SHIELD AT ALL COSTS. A myth wizards orthrus is powerful and you should probably know its a double attack. after that the myth person will most likely discard some cards for another orthrus while the minion picks off your health. As long as you got some pips by now, fire dragon is your best friend.

STORM

This fight is extremly hard due to the low accuracy and health. Anyway again the minion will come out. This is a good time to take out your minion because all the minions (except minotaur) will trash at your health. The myth guy/girl will be charging up. Odds are that they think you trained in death, so they will be stacking up on that. Keep in mind if death is your secondary school, the myth wizard might have a trap braker, which will just only contibute to the orthrus/minotaur/ninja pigs. Anyway the only real stragety is to stack up on blades and use everything you got while keeping your health up.

LIFE

This is easy and annoying at the same time :?. The life minion is your best friend. This gives you more time to blade/trap and centaur while the minion heals away. Do NOTrely on shielding because of the big bad earthquake. Odds are the 2 myth double (Life/Death) shields will be taken out. Just keep searphing and centauring him/her and you should be victorious.

DEATH

Unlike the other schools, animate may be a disadvantage. But dont worry. Take out the shields, and start blade stacking. Do not get too many blades because of the fact that myth wizards will whip out earthquake. Just keep using blade spells and steals. Be carful of the fact myth wizards have orthrus and pieirce for those shields. (Spelling?)

BALANCE

Easy fight right here. I am not gonna be lazy and say use the good ol judgement stragety. Get the helpful mander. He will harass the myth guy a lot. Get the elemental blades/shields and use hydra or spectral blast. Those triple shields will come in handy.

MYTH (The best school every ever!!!!!!!! JK)

This can be a pushover. Since both myth grands have gigantic resists, your best bet is a golem/cyclops minion and your secondary school. Sorry about not having much info for myth wizARDS. :-(

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
2000 damage? Ha! You know how much time that would take? That would require two feints, a time of legend, two more traps, a spirit blade and a myth blade. By that time, the myth student would have probably been pounded to health so low that the wizard would have to choose between attacking or healing. Or during all the time spent trapping, the opponent could have placed two towers or myth shields, ruining everything.

Myth does not have fast super strong low pip spells except for ninja pig.
If you take away the time of legend bubble, and take away the myth's minion, then you should do ok in surviving the fight.

Myth has low accuracy, place a black mantle on them,, or a weakness, and the damage you taken wouldn't be too much.

Read my guide/theory thread down this page

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a myth grandmaster but i do not PvP. What you must remember about Myth is that its strength is to cut through defenses. If you place two shields of the same type that will protect you from the larger hit. But the problem with that is time, if you are surrounded by shields, as soon as a myth gets six pips they will use earthquake, removing all your shields and blades.

Like I said, I do not PvP, but i would say hard fast hits would be the best to use against myth.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Legendstalker Level 50 Myth

Historian
May 28, 2009
Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I'm in the same boat as Dridsuzy, as a diviner. I just cannot win against Conjurers. You can't stack enough myth shields in your deck to stop their double tap effect for long. Every time I play them I spend the whole time just trying to shield up and healing. I'm lucky if I can have enough pips on hand to take any shots. Storm's low health is a real problem in the face of a Minotaur/Orthrus combo. Follow that with another Minotaur or Orthrus in two more turns and I'm usually done by the tenth turn. Throw in access to some good minions, pierce, and earthquake myth is a very powerful school for PvP. I don't know why more Conjurers don't step into the arena. I'm also glad for it.

Balance is not problem, I win more than lose against them. Ice wizards give me fits stealing shields and having a ton of life, but I still average fifty fifty. Death is hard, thankfully there aren't many of them in the arena as well. Myth is just nearly impossible. I think KI needs to take a long look at better balancing myth's "double tap" capabilities. I would be happy if they split the damage done more evenly so we could have a chance to mitigate some of the damage.

The only real solution for this problem I can see is to buy back training points and get the myth dispel and build a special deck just for the occasion when I see my opponent has an Orthrus at their side. Any other diviners out there have another solution or found some way to be successful in this situation?

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
Dridsuzy wrote:
With all the screaming about bolters and judgment, it seems this has fallen through the cracks.

Seriously, I'm asking. How do you duel a Master Myth? Shields are useless. Minotaur or the 48th level Dog will rip them all and then smack you a second time. No...two tower shields won't work...the first attack will take them ALL.

So I guess that leaves Weakness or maybe a Dispell? Regardless, the Dog can hit you for well over 2k with a blade or two.

So by Fifth round of a duel, Myth throws the Dog, rips all your shields, ignores all your weaknesses on the first attack, then follows up with a 2k+ hit. Next round power pip...rinse and repeat. You die.

I asked a Myth Master how I was supposed to beat that and he said..."You have to kill me first with Bolt. Bolt is your friend." (I'm Master Storm).

Not to mention there's that pesky Stun spell they have too...;)
Any comments on this?

Beating a Myth from first is difficult enough. To defeat a Myth that knows what they're doing requires a perfect game from your end. You have to play a fundamentally sound game in order to win. By fundamentals, I mean:

1) Do NOT let the Myth keep his/her Time of Legend bubble in play. Keep 5-6 copies of Darkwind in your deck and, as soon as you see ToL show up, take it out right away with a bubble of your own.

2) From first, you can stack Towers. If you trained Life as a side you can stack Death/Myth shields, which is even better. A shield strategy from second requires nothing short of good timing and a LOT of shields. If you see you're facing Myth, put a good number of Myth shields in your side. At the bazaar you can get 90% Myth shields for around 40 gold.

3) Kill the Cyclops Minion as soon as it comes into play. You can't mess around with one of those guys out. They ruin your shields, and they can heal and donate pips as well. A Storm Lord/Kraken takes them out easily enough.

4) An alternative method of defense: Weakness spamming. I tend to do this as Balance, and haven't really tried it on Storm. If you sideboard enough Weaknesses, you could combine Weakness with Pixie/Satyr to stay alive.

5) Healing is the best shield against Myth. If you play good enough defense, a Satyr can heal off the damage of Orthrus.

6) Kill them before they kill you. Much harder than it sounds. If you're going second, this might require some bolts (I keep some in my sideboard). I'm not supporting bolting, I'm just saying, if you have low pips and you see the opening, go ahead and fire a bolt. With your low health, staying above 1,400 health is necessary, so you won't be taken by a single Orthrus.

My Storm has dueled a fair amount of Myths, and these strategies seem to work well. I hope this helps.

Duncan EarthTamer, Grandmaster Sorcerer
Scot Stormrider, Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
I have seven weaknesses in my deck, seven black mantles, and two -30% stackable weaknesses from my necklace specifically to fight myth wizards.

Spam then judgment. Spam then judgment. Granted, it's kind of cheap and corny, but I'd rather win like a weasel than die like a martyr.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
your game is no fun anymore cause of pvp orthrus and minotaur no matter what you do they always heal and shield and a fire lv 45 i went to captain to veteren cause of them and its just sad cause i was close to commander i have so many tickets but there is no way i will get to commander cause of myth your pvp is not fun anymore when you added orthrus i give you thumb downs i dont recommend this game to nobody this game is just sad inculding balance

Defender
Jan 08, 2010

MYTH (The best school every ever!!!!!!!! JK)

This can be a pushover. Since both myth grands have gigantic resists, your best bet is a golem/cyclops minion and your secondary school. Sorry about not having much info for myth wizARDS. :(

for myth just put a prism on the other and make sure too then orthrus or minotaur with blades double traps double feints and double spiritual traps. trust me best strategy for myth ever. i made my minotaur do over fourth thousand and i wasnt even myth. try that with a grand myth and myth blades and dont forget if i could do that much with minotaur not being myth try it with orthrus. i did 11 thousand damage to my opponent. as for shielding while traping and blaing just stun them and then the round they are stunned trap and blade. or while they are stunned use a life shield or death shield for myth and make sure you put 2 of which ever one you choose. that way orthrus is weak and helplesss.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
OSMRO sounds like some good tips for a diviner to fight a myth. Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and build an anti myth deck. Luckily I trained life and ice as secondary schools to get the right shields. One thing I did notice though, you seem to have a lot of things going on in your sideboard. I personally am a fan of a "tight" deck. I see a lot of ppl posting decks that are big multi purpose juggernauts. As a reaction to that I keep my deck on the short side. I even stock all my shields and pull out what I don't think I'll need after seeing my opponent (doesn't always work when I guess wrong, but I think I've won a few games from having only the right shields in my deck too, so it balances out.) And as a part of that I keep one type of card in my sideboard. I could see the point of even two kinds of card, but I think you posted upwards of three kinds in your sideboard.

From what everyone here has said looks like the best way is to go cheap and dirty. Don't particularly like it, but as someone else said "I'd rather win like a weasel than die like a matyr" Isn't that what ranked arena is all about? as long as it is fair!

Survivor
Apr 15, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
2000 damage? Ha! You know how much time that would take? That would require two feints, a time of legend, two more traps, a spirit blade and a myth blade. By that time, the myth student would have probably been pounded to health so low that the wizard would have to choose between attacking or healing. Or during all the time spent trapping, the opponent could have placed two towers or myth shields, ruining everything.

If you take away the time of legend bubble, and take away the myth's minion, then you should do ok in surviving the fight.

Myth has low accuracy, place a black mantle on them,, or a weakness, and the damage you taken wouldn't be too much.

Not really i'm a myth grand and with a few blades i can push my orthrus well over 2000, btw thanks for all the stragey it really helps :P

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
I am death and I have done the math with wraith... Wraith - 500 damage (assuming you have no attack bonus from armor/pets) +Death blade + Spirit Blade + Spirit Trap + Curse + Death Trap + Feint = over 3000 damage. and it will take about seven turns to do by setting up all the blades/traps and using one big powerful wraith. Thats how i kill everything... bosses, pvp, etc. i just go for the big 2000+ damage one hit kill with wraith or skeletal pirate

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
CorbinW wrote:

i am a myth warlord and it does not take that long. anyway, i will tell how you could beat me. first most myth have a huge weakness. ice and fire. ice is bigger though. so myth first sends out a minion. the idea is to max out or minion spell. then we become a little weaker. so then start shielding us constantly so orthrus will also be shielded during the second attack. so while you shield you will me gaining pips, then use you seven pip spell two times. that should take most of our health. then you cast minion. o and if your life, just use four serephes. now you begin too heal while minion will chuck off a bit of health. then you save pips blade up and trap up and hit them with your best blow. then the myth should be defeated.

Historian
May 28, 2009
I am myth so i know all the myth's weakness. I don't know if prof Drake will expell me for the reason i posted this. I don't want to betray my prof but if you REALLY wanna know, i can tell you:

If you thinks myth is the only school who make you mad, you can buy with a training point, the spell...... well, i don't remember the name. But i know is the spell who will dispell the next myth spell: make it fizzle. PS: I don't know if your enemies had presition or other accurating spell this spell works.

Earthquake: Earthquake doe NOT rip all your charms or shields or weakness or traps if you had TOO MUCH. But, the good point is: Earthquake can rip all the good things you have AND all the BAD things you have! Earthquake is a very weak spell because is not exacly an attack spell. If is healths you need, just cast a myth shield spell.

Weakness of myth wizards: Myth wizard's attack spells is medium. Is not low, is not high but is medium. And, mythers can't rip weakness off. so, you just have to put many weakness. Ice wizards is hard against myths. Cause ice wizards's specials is shields. But myths has a spell who call "pierce". Which one who will rip off one shield of your's by using one mana/pip. The good point is, it's accuracy is just 70.

I am NOT level 48 or higher so i don't know how powerful is orthrus. But orthrus only attack ONE enemies. The dog CAN'T stun, damage over time, or heal the user, so, is not really a super powerful spell i guess.

Myth's attacks, many has the two strike: the first weak, the second powerful. Why? The answer is: If you has a shield as myth shield or tower shield, the first attack will rip it off and then, deal the REAL attack. So, you better put TWO shield. Myths can have the abbility to remove a trap on them by using 0 mana/pip. So better put TWO trap again!

Well, i guess that all! If i found more, i will edit the message!

Colin Legend Gem. Myth.

*Edit*

I've got orthrus now! Man! Is powerful! I only have some blades that work and the damage is higher than i expected! All the times! :D

I AM now level 50 and i know....... um, i can't fight myself!

We don't have a dark side of you here but remember, the thing most scary and need to be conqered, is you. 'Maybe i should not have to used psycology..?'

Well, every school have their own weakness so try it now, you should get better.

Good luck!

"Use of the shocking energy, Myth made true powers"

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
ELECTRIC333 wrote:
I am myth so i know all the myth's weakness. I don't know if prof Drake will expell me for the reason i posted this. I don't want to betray my prof but if you REALLY wanna know, i can tell you:

If you thinks myth is the only school who make you mad, you can buy with a training point, the spell...... well, i don't remember the name. But i know is the spell who will dispell the next myth spell: make it fizzle. PS: I don't know if your enemies had presition or other accurating spell this spell works.

Earthquake: Earthquake doe NOT rip all your charms or shields or weakness or traps if you had TOO MUCH. But, the good point is: Earthquake can rip all the good things you have AND all the BAD things you have! Earthquake is a very weak spell because is not exacly an attack spell. If is healths you need, just cast a myth shield spell.

Weakness of myth wizards: Myth wizard's attack spells is medium. Is not low, is not high but is medium. And, mythers can't rip weakness off. so, you just have to put many weakness. Ice wizards is hard against myths. Cause ice wizards's specials is shields. But myths has a spell who call "pierce". Which one who will rip off one shield of your's by using one mana/pip. The good point is, it's accuracy is just 70.

I am NOT level 48 or higher so i don't know how powerful is orthrus. But orthrus only attack ONE enemies. The dog CAN'T stun, damage over time, or heal the user, so, is not really a super powerful spell i guess.

Myth's attacks, many has the two strike: the first weak, the second powerful. Why? The answer is: If you has a shield as myth shield or tower shield, the first attack will rip it off and then, deal the REAL attack. So, you better put TWO shield. Myths can have the abbility to remove a trap on them by using 0 mana/pip. So better put TWO trap again!

Well, i guess that all! If i found more, i will edit the message!

Colin Legen Gem. Myth.

I am myth and when my opponent shields me with more then one, i just earthquake.