Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Okay THIS is totally NOT FAIR!

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I get the pet system. You buy the pet, which is not cheap, then you train it so that you can use the card, which btw is even more expensive and time consuming.

But why are pets that have always been dropped by bosses NOW HAVE NO CARD because you have to "TRAIN" them.

So now I have to spend money on drops too?

Come on KI is always talking about how great its doing and i am happy for it. However, taking something that use to be free and making it so you have to pay for it to do what it use to do free is just trickery.

Seriously, this is bait and switch. Please I am like the game and I think you need to allow this to be posted and discussed.

The charges, regarding this pet stuff is killing the only real sport i have left in this game. I have had had a gang of grandmasters for awhile with nothing to do but pvp. Occasionally I like to mine for rare pets swords and other drops. I dont think its fair that you make them babies then tell us they have to be ancient in order to use the card now.

Its not fair OR balanced and certainly not ethical. You have a right to run your game however you want but it there is a difference in having the right to do something and doing something that is "right."

I expect more for this company. If everything in this game comes down to cash then no matter how much I like playing I wont be able to afford it.

By the way I am an adult. Not a kid expecting something for nothing. I spend a great deal of money on what I want (in this game) but taking something that use to be a drop and making it a paid item taints the image of a family company.

And please keep in mind that while your target may be kids the people whom are really responsible for your success are the parents the ones who play and the ones who pay (and especially those who do both).

Someone please tell me how is this fair and please keep in mind i AM an adult (and not really into the fantasy) who understands the bottomline and customer satisfaction are balancing act.

Still, there has to a fair way of doing this. Either make it so that drops get cards as a baby or make the adults and thereby effectly making it cheaper to "train" for a card.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
Training your pets is absolutely free - even the snacks are free unless you have zero patience. Sure you are ALLOWED to spend cash to buy crowns to pay for energy and snacks - but you don't have to. I've trained 3 pets to epic without spending a dime...

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
i have several teens now and several adults , all trained by me , mostly maze game, and they eat what i win for snacks, then i earn more snacks and at same time the money for a hatching - which by the way KI thanks so much for lowering that !!

I see so many complaints about how hard something is, or how long it takes, Come on people !!the idea is to earn your way through the game (as we hopefully do in life), there are some legitmate complaints around , but some are nothing more than whining 'to get out of something' 'or get something for nothing', much like a young child will do

heck, those of us who have been playing a year (or more) could complain that game is getting too easy by cutting the towers in half lol- instead i hold my head up high and say 'I did it the hard long way with 10 of mine' ! LOL

i cant afford crowns for buying much, so grand son and i do with out those (especially those wings lol) VERY FEW items, and instead play the game and earn mega amounts of gold to buy things we can as so so many of us do

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
You also have to keep in mind that not all pets give you cards. most of the dropped pets that give cards give them at baby that ive seen.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I agree with Vroya, it is certainly possible to train your pets without spending a dime. It just takes patience. Getting your pet to epic is not meant to happen overnight. Just take your time and you'll see some good results! However, I must say, using the Mega-snack packs comes in handy! I have 8 grand masters, so I'm taking the easy way out for some of my wizards.

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Sojourna wrote:
I get the pet system. You buy the pet, which is not cheap, then you train it so that you can use the card, which btw is even more expensive and time consuming.

But why are pets that have always been dropped by bosses NOW HAVE NO CARD because you have to "TRAIN" them.

Come on KI is always talking about how great its doing and i am happy for it. However, taking something that use to be free and making it so you have to pay for it to do what it use to do free is just trickery.

Seriously, this is bait and switch. Please I am like the game and I think you need to allow this to be posted and discussed.

The charges, regarding this pet stuff is killing the only real sport i have left in this game. I have had had a gang of grandmasters for awhile with nothing to do but pvp. Occasionally I like to mine for rare pets swords and other drops. I dont think its fair that you make them babies then tell us they have to be ancient in order to use the card now.

Its not fair OR balanced and certainly not ethical. You have a right to run your game however you want but it there is a difference in having the right to do something and doing something that is "right."

I expect more for this company. If everything in this game comes down to cash then no matter how much I like playing I wont be able to afford it.

By the way I am an adult. Not a kid expecting something for nothing. I spend a great deal of money on what I want (in this game) but taking something that use to be a drop and making it a paid item taints the image of a family company.

And please keep in mind that while your target may be kids the people whom are really responsible for your success are the parents the ones who play and the ones who pay (and especially those who do both).

Someone please tell me how is this fair and please keep in mind i AM an adult (and not really into the fantasy) who understands the bottomline and customer satisfaction are balancing act.

Still, there has to a fair way of doing this. Either make it so that drops get cards as a baby or make the adults and thereby effectly making it cheaper to "train" for a card.

I to think it is annoying but i disagree that it is unfair for the following reasons:
1. The training is almost completely free, the only thing not free is the Mega Snack Pack for crowns (which aren't that pricey)
2. The card thing I like because it's like a reward for all the time and effort you put in training your pet, and not all the pets get theircard at ancient for instance my freind has a life beetle and it already has it's card and it is an only an adult.

Survivor
Feb 26, 2009
Sojourna wrote:

um i kinda just read first part XD

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
i hate when bosses drop pets and you have to wait 11 hours for them to hatch!!!! i mean come on!!!!! 11 hours?!?!?! rediculus! i am patient at most things but i really want to see what my pet looks like. btw to this VERY SECOND i currently have a STORM SERPHANT that was dropped by a boss 2 hours ago and i have 9 more to go until it hatches!

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
i hate when bosses drop pets and you have to wait 11 hours for them to hatch!!!! i mean come on!!!!! 11 hours?!?!?! rediculus! i am patient at most things but i really want to see what my pet looks like. btw to this VERY SECOND i currently have a STORM SERPHANT that was dropped by a boss 2 hours ago and i have 9 more to go until it hatches!

... You do know there are a handful of sites out there that already have pictures of all the new pet drops, and have had them for weeks now, right? Personally, I'd recommend http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106 for a full listing if you simply cannot live without seeing what it looks like.

And considering that the 48 level hybrids take 20 hours to hatch.. 9 hours is not that bad.

As for 'fair' - KI has always offered the same paths for just about everything the players want - the path of time or the path of money. That is an individual choice everyone must make.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2009
willwolf64 wrote:
lol just train it man who care how long

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
I kinda agree, but getting a real rare card shouldnt be TOO easy to get..,
Btw idk how you do to get goo drops cause I have to friends with me while farming on storm snowman and storm serpent in plaza of conquests my to friends got like tree of those pets whiole I didnt get even ONE.., Thats what I call unfair....
But srsly Getting a cool pet and rare card from it shouldnt be too easy, its not called a rare pet for nothing..,

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
The problem is that in todays socity people have no patients. Everything has to be NOW NOW NOW and if it isn't it is a rip off.
I have enough money to buy lots of gift cards and crowns but I wont be spending it on leveling my pet. I rather play the games and feed it with the food i can craft and wait for their mana to build back up. I take that time to go hunt for gold or other pets...

ellie