Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ravewood Blackout

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 21, 2009
The Ravewood lobby in front of the balance teacher is still blacking out. I know its not my computer, becuase it only happens in the Ravewood lobby.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
MercMissionary wrote:
The Ravewood lobby in front of the balance teacher is still blacking out. I know its not my computer, becuase it only happens in the Ravewood lobby.

I have this problem too.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Balance teacher doesn't have a building in Ravenwood. Can you be more specific?

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Hero
Jun 08, 2009
same here. its been doing that since the advanced pets came out :( . i hope they have fixed it but i do not know

paul ironflame, level 50 grandmaster pyromancer 8)

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Defender
Feb 05, 2010
I do have the same problem. I am annoyed that I have to walk blindly from bartleby to the commons tunnel.
Lucas drakebloom
Level 46
Ice wizard
Sword saint

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Well I'm kinda having the same problem. This morning when I was done for few quests I had to go to RavenWood to talk to my professor. But then all of a sudden when I teleport to "Home" , I just disconnection saying about graphics problem and this is the 1st time this happen and it never happen to me before. So is there a glitch or graphics problem in the game? Because I would like to know please I just really want to go back on and play :(

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I havent had any problems like those so I think its just that your computers arent up to date with some stuff

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I don't know about the ravenwood blackout, but for the crown shop, if you go to advanced video options change the smoothing from crown shop to off it may resolve the issue with the crown shop. I did this on my niece's computer and it helped.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
MercMissionary wrote:

i have that problem too!!!!! now you know you are not the only one.
i keep writing a ticket to them but they dont do anything.
no one has replied. KI PLS FIX THIS, FOR THIS IS A GRAPHICS ERROR!!!

Defender
Aug 11, 2009
For information on this issue, please follow this link:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/21857.ftl

or search "Black wall in Ravenwood" :)

scroll to the reply from "SirReginaldBaxby" (Developer) - should be near the end of the replies. :-) :-)

also this post:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/23425.ftl

or search "Bugs x10" which discusses the same issue stated in this current post. :)

Have fun!! :) :) :)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
princesscallie12 wrote:
I havent had any problems like those so I think its just that your computers arent up to date with some stuff

It's not his/her computer. I just made another post before I saw this one about the exact same thing. I upgraded my graphic software as suggested by Zeke and that seemed to make it worse.

The whole Ravenwood commons is blacked out and in WC commons there are these color burst, like a piece of art sculpture or something in the middle near the pond. At first they were small and now they are huge.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I can't remember specific dates, but a while back (two weeks ago ???) I re-installed Windows XP and was using the on-board Intel graphics on my Gigabyte ATX motherboard. I loaded every patch including SP3 and anything else MS had. I then re-installed Wizard101, and the area to the left of Bartelby had the appearance of a large black surface. If I was to go re-read up OpenGL or DirectX maybe I could get more specific what its called. At one time I called myself a C programmer and was trying to figure out how to use OpenGL.

Then I re-installed the nVidia graphics card and the latest nVidia drivers and the dark area problem went away and I thought nothing more of it.

Its at home and I am at work, but I can tell you the nVidia card is GT 240 (by Zotac ??), and the nVidia drivers were from July 2010.

I can't be more specific about the Intel on-board graphics at the moment. I believe the drivers came with a CD that came with the motherboard.

Folks, if you do have the problem, you can help KI help you by putting down whatever info you can, like what brand computer, brand micro, which OS, and probably most important, which video card.

Under Windows XP, open the Control Panel, double click on Display, click on the Settings tab, click on the Advanced button in the lower right corner. At this point it gets murky, but I believe you click on the Adapter tab (At work I have another tab with the name of the Adapter on it). There should be an area with the words "Adapter type", the text below that is your video card, or graphics card, or adapter, or whatever you want to call it. If you click on the Properties button next to it, then in the dialog that opens, click on the Driver tab, you should be able to see the

Driver Provider:
Driver Date:
Driver Version:

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009

i dont have that problem. when i go into ravenwood nothing happens. i has to be something effecting your computers. :? samantha suncatcher
lvl 47