Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Tower is Impossible

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
Just did it tonight with my Gm Fire a GM death and a GM storm.
Intruth i was very unimpressed with the tower, took us about 55 mins to complete with the 3 of us, no deaths.

I honestly think the last boss in briskbrezze was a lot harder in truth the two last boss' in the warehouse where nothing.

As long as you just kill the two mice first then simply kill knuckles and then boss with a big AoE.

The mice i (fire) took out one with a buffed helephant, that was one dead, the second was taken out with a buffed wraith.

Storm did nothing but buff himself with blades (Storm, elemental,Dragon,Blade storm). then just piped up to max.

a little harvest lord to knock off their tower sheilds and a x14 pip tempest killed them both.

Done.

I honestly dont see what the big issues is here with people not being able to complete this.

Every other group was killed with a combo of meteor strike, storm lord with a few sword buffs.

First boss was super easy killed off the storm guy with a heley, AoE the rest with a big tempest and harvest lord.

I honestly wish this would have been kept as a way in to the new world would of forced people to learn how to use their cards and characters to the max ready for the next step in game play.

I really hope the game is gonna get hard because right now with out briskbrezze the game is far too easy.

Tomorrow will try with just fire and death.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
bevo716 wrote:
Come on. The last boss in the new tower for the preview quest is impossible. He never looses his pips. He did Scarcrow like 4 times in a row. Also the Fire version of Nova is way too powerful. Is this supposed to be set up like this? My team got it down to just the final boss, and couldn't beat him because of all this above. Something needs to be done about that. We had all grands (Life, Fire, Ice and Storm (Me)) and couldn't beat a boss with only 3600 units of life. RIDICULOUS

i think that two but i was very lucky i was able to finish it. i was the only one to live and i almost died.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I too agree the Tower is very hard. More power to the people that SAY they beat the tower on the second time, I have done it 15 times thus far and have not beaten it yet. Yes I have gone in with a life wizard; death wizard, balance (myself) and ice, as well as many other combos and have been denied every time. I also have used dispel fire and death again denied. What I would like to see posted is instructions by some one who says they have beaten it how they did it. :D HELP

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I have beaten the tower twice now, once for myself and once to help a friend.

At the top level: Everyone attack the same enemy at once and be sure it's a kill shot. Keep a fire dispel on the boss at all times until he is the last one, then switch to death dispel. Do not use traps (including feint), do not try to take the tower shield off the boss.

Kill a rat. Use rebirth, they will also use rebirth but it doesn't matter because they have not been damaged. (Fire dispel must remain on the boss and all must hit at once to kill the rat -- DO NOT HEAL until he is dead this includes sacrifice)

Kill the second rat. Use rebirth, they will also use rebirth but again it doesn't matter because they have not been damaged. (Fire dispel must remain on the boss and all must hit at once to kill the rat -- DO NOT HEAL until he is dead this includes sacrifice)

Kill the cat. Use rebirth, the boss will also use rebirth but it still doesn't matter because he has not been damaged. (Fire dispel must remain on the boss and all must hit at once to kill the cat -- DO NOT HEAL until he is dead this includes sacrifice)

Kill the boss: Your death person will have to be pipped up to always have a death dispel on the boss to keep the scarecrow away. Do not hit the boss at all until three players can hit the boss at once.

Tips:
-Keep 2 decks, one for the top level and one for all other levels.

-When you reach a level with a boss do not do an area attack unless you know that you can kill them all. If you hit them one at a time, do not take out the boss first, take out the life enemy first and do it with one shot.

Characters:

-If you are a life character, you must concentrate on healing all players through all floors of the tower until the top floor. Do not heal one person at a time, always attempt to do a group heal. If you are a life character and do not have rebirth, do not attempt this tower. The top floor is the only level which you will have to be both a healer and an offensive player. The two rats are death, if enough pips are at your disposal to use both centaur and then immediately after use rebirth then that is the best approach.

-If you are a balance character, you must concentrate on keeping all players protected through all floors, including the top floor. If they are not protected, they will begin a healing cycle rather than continuing to hit. On the top floor, all players must have both a death and fire shield on them as much as possible. The storm character must have accuracy prior to hitting. When only the boss is left, be sure that storm and fire have balance blades to increase effectiveness. If the battle appears to be going badly when only the boss is left, coordinate with your heavy hitters so that you will also hit with Judgment in the same round to finish the boss.

-If you are a storm character, it's best to purchase an elixir from the crown shop which has an increase in precision so that wild bolt will defeat the boss and other enemies. You will primarily be using storm lord through the lower levels. Once you reach the top floor, use triton and/or wild bolt. You will be relied on as the "heavy hitter" because you cannot heal and you cannot use dispels on the boss.

-If you are a fire character, you will primarily be using dragon through the lower levels. Once you reach the top floor, you must have the master deck which gives you 7 slots for fire cards. You will need all 7 slots for fire dispel. Do not have dragon in your deck on the top level, use helephant.

-If you are a death character, you will primarily be using scarecrow through the lower levels. Do remember to bring converts. Once you reach the top floor, you must have the master deck which gives you 7 slots for death cards. You will need all 7 slots for the death dispel. Do not have scarecrow in your deck on the top level, use wraith. The two rats are death.

Who to bring to the tower:
Fire, Death, Life, Storm.
Fire, Death, Balance, Storm.

I have not successfully defeated the tower with any other combination of characters. Do not bring both a life and a balance character in the tower, it becomes extremely difficult at the top level of the tower.

If your life person is not skilled with their character, you will fail.
If your balance person is not skilled with their character, you will fail.
Keep your death person in first or second position.
Keep your fire person in first or second position.
Keep your storm person in third position.
Keep your life or balance person in fourth position.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Thank you that is very useful info and very correct. The tower is very difficult but can be done as long as you have a good team(that is the key) When I finally beat the tower it took 3 storm and me balance/life.
Jenn

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have completed this tower several times. Yes, it is difficult. A previous poster gave some very useful tips, but failed to mention the final boss only uses the Fire Nova spell when someone uses a 6 or 7 pip spell. This includes rebirth. As long as you do not use the bigger spells, you really don't need a fire dispel. Death shields to protect against the scarecrow are very important. Also having entangle helps a lot just in case you need to heal before the cat is killed.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
Well we tried the new tower and got beat right before the last level. However, when we tried to get in again the sigils werent lit up still arent and was given a new quest for the tower but still not lit up to enter. Also my arrows stopped working as soon as i got outside to go back in. What happened and why?

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
i want you to show me how easy it is. I've had several who all say they have beaten it, and they get killed everytime with me. So are you like them. cause you don't give any help on how only that you have.

kristianwildtree wrote:
The 1st time I went inside this Tower (with other 3 Wizards), we were defeated on the last Boss, and it's because we didn't know yet how this last Boss play or cheat.

Now I know, and on the 2nd time I went inside this Tower (with another 3 Wizards), we defeated the last Boss. Third time I went inside this Tower (with another 3 different wizards), we also defeated the last boss.

This game is not that hard, and make sure you have a good Life Wizard and at least one good attacker (maybe a Storm Wizard) who is at least a PvP Warlord. Believe me, me and other Wizards think that this Tower is not that really hard.

Thanks,

Adam L.
Life Wizard - PvP Warlord

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
learn how to change realms. find one that is normal or better, not crowded to play in and this will help you find trasures too

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
Andria501 wrote:
i agree new tower inposable for anyone to beat there no way nobody has god given chance do it it like stop tire go 100mph down road cant stop it its inposable to do i think its worste tower in marlybone somthing needs be done i think should have go to merle ambrose get the spiral key.
no then be oh '' that was an easy qwest and you need something hard once p.s. it was easy!!!

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
The tower is not hard. All it takes is effort, teamwork, and stratagie (sorry about spelling) . Also when you are defeated you need to look back and see where you messed up like if you put in the wrong spells or which spells you should not use yet until one of them gets killed. That's all it takes.
Cheyenne PixieSinger
Level 50 Life
Good luck in your adventures!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
It would be nice if there were some in game helps for the towers, like NPC characters that would give you advice before each boss battle. Or even better if the puzzle floor revealed a tomb with some strategy for the boss fight. Too many people go into the tower without preparation for it or they leave because they don't have time to finish.

I have beaten it once (On first attempt) with my (AWESOME) Ice GM and lost once to 2nd boss once with my Myth GM, (mostly because I was the only wizard left to fight). I have read the strategy guides in the forum and they help a lot. In fact without knowing how to fight the boss battles you will most likely fail.
It feels like cheating but you have to read the forum guides to the tower to have any hope of success. The order you attack the henchmen and having the fire shield and quench spell is critical. (I did it without the death quech spell but it probably helpful too.)

The second most important thing is to be be with good players, it doesn't really matter much which school they belong too as long as they know how to play their wizard well. Believe me I have seen way too many storm wizards that don't even use their Blade or haven't gotten the balance blade from the balance tree. (???) They end up doing nothing for 5 turns or casting a fairy on themselves... lol.

Talk to the people in your group before choosing to go in the tower with them, make sure they know what to do in the boss battles and that they have at least an hour to play. Remember that if you die in the tower you can heal and come back to join the group - but only if you reenter the tower alone.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
ok that last boss is really hard but once you get to know what his moves are the second or third time you try you might win

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
Tip: When you make a team make sure you bring a death wizard and when your on the last floor have him/her cast doom and gloom so you can heal and the cat will have a 40% chance to cast rebirth. And be sure to have a lot of beguil too so the shadow weaver will cast fire nova, dragon, scarecrow ect,ect on his teammates. Good luck with the challange! :P

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I think the the new tower on Sunke city is the wors because i have like 3 weeks trying to defeat thoes thee but i cant and is not about power because im in level 34 and im 2.345 and 400mana so help if i were malen ambrose i clausure that tower ok

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
the point of it is for the bosses to cheat and it is supposed to be hard because it is for people who have been through a lot in game \
the time i beat it i had a death a life and a fire and one other one
but sadly the fire had to leave right before mr.fire nova A.K.A. the last boss

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
No it isn't its so easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the first boss kill the life first. Then get the storm and then ice. DO NOT attack the boss until all his minions are dead. Then they don't cheat until the last floor. On the last floor kill the death first. Put lots of fire dispells on the fire boss. If you're gonna heal put a life dispell on balance first or else he uses rebirth. Hope these tips help you. Good luck. :D

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Pokemaster297 wrote:
bevo716 wrote:
Come on. The last boss in the new tower for the preview quest is impossible. He never looses his pips. He did Scarcrow like 4 times in a row. Also the Fire version of Nova is way too powerful. Is this supposed to be set up like this? My team got it down to just the final boss, and couldn't beat him because of all this above. Something needs to be done about that. We had all grands (Life, Fire, Ice and Storm (Me)) and couldn't beat a boss with only 3600 units of life. RIDICULOUS

this is not impossible i beat it twice. you need two death wizards who can use strangle to stop scarecrow and a life wizard with rebirth.

I've beat it like ten times. Its SO easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
bevo716 wrote:
you need two thurgists[life]one myth and one fire well thats how i brought estikar gloomthorn down so start fighting eg now

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
echopraxia wrote:
I have beaten the tower twice now, once for myself and once to help a friend.

At the top level: Everyone attack the same enemy at once and be sure it's a kill shot. Keep a fire dispel on the boss at all times until he is the last one, then switch to death dispel. Do not use traps (including feint), do not try to take the tower shield off the boss.

Kill a rat. Use rebirth, they will also use rebirth but it doesn't matter because they have not been damaged. (Fire dispel must remain on the boss and all must hit at once to kill the rat -- DO NOT HEAL until he is dead this includes sacrifice)

Kill the second rat. Use rebirth, they will also use rebirth but again it doesn't matter because they have not been damaged. (Fire dispel must remain on the boss and all must hit at once to kill the rat -- DO NOT HEAL until he is dead this includes sacrifice)

Kill the cat. Use rebirth, the boss will also use rebirth but it still doesn't matter because he has not been damaged. (Fire dispel must remain on the boss and all must hit at once to kill the cat -- DO NOT HEAL until he is dead this includes sacrifice)

Kill the boss: Your death person will have to be pipped up to always have a death dispel on the boss to keep the scarecrow away. Do not hit the boss at all until three players can hit the boss at once.

Tips:
-Keep 2 decks, one for the top level and one for all other levels.

-When you reach a level with a boss do not do an area attack unless you know that you can kill them all. If you hit them one at a time, do not take out the boss first, take out the life enemy first and do it with one shot.

Characters:

-If you are a life character, you must concentrate on healing all players through all floors of the tower until the top floor. Do not heal one person at a time, always attempt to do a group heal. If you are a life character and do not have rebirth, do not attempt this tower. The top floor is the only level which you will have to be both a healer and an offensive player. The two rats are death, if enough pips are at your disposal to use both centaur and then immediately after use rebirth then that is the best approach.

-If you are a balance character, you must concentrate on keeping all players protected through all floors, including the top floor. If they are not protected, they will begin a healing cycle rather than continuing to hit. On the top floor, all players must have both a death and fire shield on them as much as possible. The storm character must have accuracy prior to hitting. When only the boss is left, be sure that storm and fire have balance blades to increase effectiveness. If the battle appears to be going badly when only the boss is left, coordinate with your heavy hitters so that you will also hit with Judgment in the same round to finish the boss.

-If you are a storm character, it's best to purchase an elixir from the crown shop which has an increase in precision so that wild bolt will defeat the boss and other enemies. You will primarily be using storm lord through the lower levels. Once you reach the top floor, use triton and/or wild bolt. You will be relied on as the "heavy hitter" because you cannot heal and you cannot use dispels on the boss.

-If you are a fire character, you will primarily be using dragon through the lower levels. Once you reach the top floor, you must have the master deck which gives you 7 slots for fire cards. You will need all 7 slots for fire dispel. Do not have dragon in your deck on the top level, use helephant.

-If you are a death character, you will primarily be using scarecrow through the lower levels. Do remember to bring converts. Once you reach the top floor, you must have the master deck which gives you 7 slots for death cards. You will need all 7 slots for the death dispel. Do not have scarecrow in your deck on the top level, use wraith. The two rats are death.

Who to bring to the tower:
Fire, Death, Life, Storm.
Fire, Death, Balance, Storm.

I have not successfully defeated the tower with any other combination of characters. Do not bring both a life and a balance character in the tower, it becomes extremely difficult at the top level of the tower.

If your life person is not skilled with their character, you will fail.
If your balance person is not skilled with their character, you will fail.
Keep your death person in first or second position.
Keep your fire person in first or second position.
Keep your storm person in third position.
Keep your life or balance person in fourth position.

easy way to beat crab boss in cheeting towwer when get minions use a spell that tunrs it to your side for one turn on the stormminion=cheep win!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
NO kingsisle please leave this tower the way it is. HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT ITS NOT MANDITORY YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT! There needs to be a challenge in the game. Pluss its very very possible iv done it like 4 times so far with success.

Survivor
May 18, 2010
Gaate2 wrote:
... HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT, IT'S NOT MANDATORY YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO IT! ...

What do you mean it isn't mandatory?! Then how should one get the Spiral Key to Celestia if not by finishing the Warehouse dungeon?

Survivor
May 02, 2009
:x Dear Wizard 101,
I am a young wizard who recently defeated Malistaire with only one other player. Now, I've received the quest to go to Celestia. I have spent about a week inside the Tower, and yesterday made it all the way to the final floor with three others. We were defeated by the boss's Supernova, which he used although he only had a single pip!

I'm writing to you because I am upset that the bosses can cheat all they want without penalty. The penalty for us if we cheat would be permanent banning! I know from my parents that "Life isn't fair," but COME ON. I'd like to advance to Celestia, but the unfairness of this is spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

Sincerely,
Karic Redblood
Grandmaster

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
The tower is not impossible but it is hard. It is easier if you play regularly with the people you go in with since you would already know how each works.

This is my problem - I played this three times yesterday before winning it.

1 - Fighting final boss, Died, fled, and when i went to enter at first people would not let me go in and then finally they understood - I go to enter and AT ONE SECOND one guy jumped in so I could not return. I was so upset and mad. They thought it was so funny. People not letting you back in is a real problem.

2 - Computer froze, rebooted, could not get in, this is not fair

3 - went fine

TKMcF wrote:
:x Dear Wizard 101,
I am a young wizard who recently defeated Malistaire with only one other player. Now, I've received the quest to go to Celestia. I have spent about a week inside the Tower, and yesterday made it all the way to the final floor with three others. We were defeated by the boss's Supernova, which he used although he only had a single pip!

I'm writing to you because I am upset that the bosses can cheat all they want without penalty. The penalty for us if we cheat would be permanent banning! I know from my parents that "Life isn't fair," but COME ON. I'd like to advance to Celestia, but the unfairness of this is spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

Sincerely,
Karic Redblood
Grandmaster