Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips on Getting to Grandmaster?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2010
So lately I've been playing Wizard101 and we've beaten Malistaire, finished MooShu, and are almost finished with Dragonspyre (Forum zone to go). We are now half way done through level 48.

My queston is, what are some good tips on becoming Grandmaster. If possible, can you put the things we can do in like a list of the quests we can do in order to achieve this goal.

And please, don't be all like "Do quests." or "You see your quest book? Do them." or any of the variation.

Thanks for the help guys!

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Hmm, simply farming what you already did won't give you a lot of experience points, so that is out. With my first wizard, I skipped most of the side quests in Marleybone (and a few in Mooshu too), and had the same problem you have now. I finished off Malistaire and was only level 48, and my quest book was empty. I ended up going back to Marleybone and started wandering around and discovered I didn't do many of the side quests. These quests in Marleybone tend to be long, but will help give the experience points you need. One of my friends went back there and found he had missed out on over 30,000 experience points by only doing the main quest line.

Start with Abigail Doolittle in Regents Square, and the one guard at Barkingham Palace. Abigail is FULL of quests! Plus, at level 48, you will breeze through the quests!

Good luck!
Rogan Firehammer

Explorer
May 19, 2009
Honestly i for one Help others allot not only do you get a small amount of xp it builds your Real Friends together helping each other.not this does not give allot of Experience per say.
So there is the other option which i find is easier
I leave all the side quests alone in each world Then i go back after i higher level to do them With better spells and better equipment.
this way i have an advantage over every enemy.say for instance starting a wizard do only the main quests that are given to you if you see anyone with an exclamation point over there head leave them alone for now.only talk to ones with question marks.
Then after you have say beaten Kroc Come back and do the side quests as you are stronger with better things and more health and manna.

Hope this helped :)

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
There are several ways you can acheive grand master.

1. Truely, even though you don't want to hear it, just doing you quests in the number one way.
2. Another way is help your friends with there quests and espesilly there dungons.
3. Have one of your friends go in one of the long dungons that they haven't done yet. When they are in, teleport to them and you will get full experience, just like your friend. One I would sugest is Crimson Fields in Mooshu because you get around 8,000 experience.
4. You could battle for your level 50 clothing and gain experience from the battling.
5. Do dungons a second time for half experience.

If none of these work for you, there are other websites that may suggest a way you would enjoy using.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
have you tried any of the ds side quests? thats what i did when i beat malistare at lvl 49

hunter legendwraith lvl50 necromancer

Survivor
May 16, 2010
Rogtim wrote:
Hmm, simply farming what you already did won't give you a lot of experience points, so that is out. With my first wizard, I skipped most of the side quests in Marleybone (and a few in Mooshu too), and had the same problem you have now. I finished off Malistaire and was only level 48, and my quest book was empty. I ended up going back to Marleybone and started wandering around and discovered I didn't do many of the side quests. These quests in Marleybone tend to be long, but will help give the experience points you need. One of my friends went back there and found he had missed out on over 30,000 experience points by only doing the main quest line.

Start with Abigail Doolittle in Regents Square, and the one guard at Barkingham Palace. Abigail is FULL of quests! Plus, at level 48, you will breeze through the quests!

Good luck!
Rogan Firehammer

Yes, you're completely right. I just leveled up to 49 (YES!) just by doing these really easy side quests people had. At first, I was purely discouraged at the fact that some of the quests only gave out 460 or so XP, but as you get through the quests, they tend to increase in amount.

Thanks all of you for all of your help!
Wolf Blood, Future Grandmaster

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Glad to have helped. My next 6 wizards i did all the sidequests on my way up to Malistaire, and was grandmaster on all of them before I had to visit his lair!

Rogan Firehammer