Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kicking a player from your fight

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
[the better version]

How about they add a feature just like in left 4 dead, where players have the ability to kick a player out of the fight. This would be a very simple problem to deal with not wanting low levels and afk people in your fight.

How it works:
1.Anyone in the fight can call up a vote to kick a player out of the fight.

2.All 4 players then have the option of choosing yes or no.

3.If the majority of the players vote yes then the player is removed from the current fight and is teleported to the commons.

4.If the majority of players vote no that palyer stays in the fight.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
By your proposal, two wizards could hijack somebody else's solo fight and kick that wizard out. Also, a group of two or three could wait until somebody had worn down a boss and then join and kick the original player out.

The only way it would work fairly is if the first person in the fight had an option to not allow others to join. That won't happen because it would create a lot of complaining and bad feelings.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
I could see this being an annoying problem.
Like, you could get a bunch of low leveled players in a higher battle, decide they want to be not smart, and kick out the high level player.
You get rude people like that all the time with other things, so I'd doubt it stop there.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
How is it "your" fight? Other players are just as entitled to be there as you. If you don't like the way they are behaving you can always flee.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Kiieru wrote:
I could see this being an annoying problem.
Like, you could get a bunch of low leveled players in a higher battle, decide they want to be not smart, and kick out the high level player.
You get rude people like that all the time with other things, so I'd doubt it stop there.

Something like that is rarely ever a problem so it wont matter. i have never heard of a group of wizards joining a battle to purposely mess everything up, traps etc. Even so its only a small percentage of wizards who do this, like 0.001% of them. Also that guy is right, just bc that person was there first DOES NOT make it HIS fight.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
There have been a lot of great points on this subject. I think that what has needed to be said has been said but I just wanted to let those that have posted here know that you have made great points.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
When im soloing, I do not appreciate low lvls interupting my fight. If you havent earned the key you dont belong in the world. Harsh but true.
Along with keeping my teleport to friend off, i find the easiest way to deal with the problem in the common areas, non dungeon non instance areas, is to just flee, recharge and head back. Im in no hurry, it keeps me sane, and the lower lvls soon quit trying and move on. The main reason i feel this way is i can not stand people sporting badges they havent earned. What can i say, its
a pet peeve of mine. You want it, you earn it. This goes for every part of the game. I dont mind helping others, just dont disrupt my game with help you cant provide. Every world has many unique places and quests, so enjoy them to the fullest before moving on. You will appreciate the game more.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
minxymoo wrote:
How is it "your" fight? Other players are just as entitled to be there as you. If you don't like the way they are behaving you can always flee.

What about dungeon boss fights? Your saving up to one shot it and some noob comes along and wastes it.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
minxymoo wrote:

What about dungeon boss fights? Your saving up to one shot it and some noob comes along and wastes it.

Then take responsibility for those who port to you and the company you keep in game. We all have the option to turn off porting and can delete friends.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Angelocean wrote:
minxymoo wrote:

How did the "noob" get into your dungeon? If they didn't come in with you (and you would know right then, thereby giving yourself the option to step out and reenter immediately), then they ported in.